Only a Matter of Time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kop Cat

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel that sooner or later United will be brought into in this latest sexual abuse scandal. Already the local radio (Hallam) have mentioned United in the cases of Andy Woodward and David White, although they did mention EX Sheffield United. There are some anti United local journos that will be searching for a link no matter how tenuous the link may be.

No they won't.

Also I would suggest if your
concern about the recent abuse in football revelations is how Sheffield United might be negatively affected by it you need to reassess your view. Some things are bigger than that and this is plainly one of them.

Does anyone else feel that sooner or later United will be brought into in this latest sexual abuse scandal. Already the local radio (Hallam) have mentioned United in the cases of Andy Woodward and David White, although they did mention EX Sheffield United. There are some anti United local journos that will be searching for a link no matter how tenuous the link may be.

Behave . You are jumping on a bandwagon as bad as poor journalist trying to make a local story and bringing Sheffield United Football Club name into a negative spotlight . It's bad enough local rags and journalist bringing the club into disrepute never mind supposedly so called supporters . Drop it.

UTB

Sooner or later!!??

McCabe's been raping blades for years and years!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!!

In a perfect world you can joke about anything and no one gives a shit because it's a joke.

This isn't a perfect world. Pick and choose the place and time to avoid the rustling of jimmies.

Think we have had enough of scandal.

I hope no one has been involved in this kind of shit.

pommpey

In a perfect world you can joke about anything and no one gives a shit because it's a joke.

This isn't a perfect world. Pick and choose the place and time to avoid the rustling of jimmies.

No in the perfect world none of this would happen. So there would be no need to think about peoples sensitivity to it. Oh and in every world there is some shit that just isn't funny. We are in that world.

A day where anyone thinks Rape & Sexual abuse is worthy of a quick cheap pun is a fucking sad one in my opinion.

With the way the case in unfolding it seems a lot of clubs are being named. What has happened is disgusting and it is clear there has been a cover up.

The FA could have investigated all this back in 1998 and unsurprisingly they didn't even after the dispatches program. What was the FA's comment at the time? "no comment" or "there was no case to answer"

The only thing that matters is that justice is served for those poor kids who suffered and upon those responsible. No one is questioning that.

The points raised by Kop Cat shouldn't be completely dismissed though. Journalism isn't exactly a profession known for its high standards, did anyone see something called the Leveson Enquiry recently?

That may have focussed on the national press and maybe our local hacks aren't cut of the same cloth but let's be honest some of them didn't exactly hold back over Ched did they? I am afraid that local papers and journalists up and down the land will be foaming at the thought of one of their local clubs being involved in order to scoop a story. For some it is about shifting units and selling a story, it's as simple as that.
Will they be acting dishonestly and deliberately to try and link a club, probably not but I wouldn't trust one of them round these parts as far as I could spit. Sorry.

No in the perfect world none of this would happen. So there would be no need to think about peoples sensitivity to it. Oh and in every world there is some shit that just isn't funny. We are in that world.

A day where anyone thinks Rape & Sexual abuse is worthy of a quick cheap pun is a fucking sad one in my opinion.

Bad argument to get into, we all draw different lines. He is guilty of a poor joke though and it's a dumb thread.

The point I was trying to make was how low that journos MAY stoop to get a story. As I have posted radio Hallam are already mentioning United in their reports, even though the events were NOTHING to do with them.

Sooner or later!!??

McCabe's been raping blades for years and years!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!!
I'm guessing that this is another (see Billy says.....) of your wank attempts at sarcasm. To my way of thinking, this is a subject that hardly needs any kind of poor humour attached to it.

The point I was trying to make was how low that journos MAY stoop to get a story. As I have posted radio Hallam are already mentioning United in their reports, even though the events were NOTHING to do with them.

I get your point and they did similar with regards to the Ched story.

Once found to be not guilty and suddenly he is named as current Chesterfield striker Ched Evans in articles.

Surely in a 'perfect world' people would have the decency and compassion to know that not everything is amusing. Just because you can make a joke about something doesn't mean you should, nor does it necessarily make it funny.

There's probably a shitty Trump/UKIP/Libertarian angle that says 'free speech' allows you to say anything. The trouble is that these kind of people only like free speech that agrees with their point of view. A perfect society must surely come with personal responsibility and the ability to keep one's trap shut sometimes.

Alright alright, so my sense of humour is obviously different to many of yours, if it's out of taste and offends then I apologise, but is there any need for the abusive remarks? if I isn't to your taste then ignore it, if your touchy and it offends then feel free to not like it, eather way, don't judge me as you don't know me, and if you wish to call names like kids atleast do it to my face and not the screen your using to read and post on the forum!!

Surely none of us want to see ex united coaches involved in this but acknowledge the overriding importance of the truth coming out in full, whichever names or clubs it involves. I'm surprised there's any sort of argument about this.

Alright alright, so my sense of humour is obviously different to many of yours, if it's out of taste and offends then I apologise, but is there any need for the abusive remarks? if I isn't to your taste then ignore it, if your touchy and it offends then feel free to not like it,

You seemed to have the decency to recognise your error and apologise but then you spoilt it. How can you 'ignore' something once you've read it and it made its mark?

By saying "if your(sic) touchy" you are implying the fault is on the part of the reader.

Can't you just make the apology and leave it at that?

I'm implying no such thing! you appear to be reading far to much into it.
I posted something after a few beers, that may I add, must get said in boozers all across the city and surrounding areas of a weekend when people have had a couple, it certainly does in places I've been, and worse!, and I was meant in a jovial manner, not as you seem to think, a serious one, it also wasn't picking fun at the victims eather.
I could understand if I had made a joke about some young lad being raped, but I didn't and wouldn't!!
But a few of you have read something, taken it completely out of context, and decided, oh, il have a pop at this bloke cos I don't agree with what's he's written. well fine, but, making remarks about people and calling names, well that's bullying isn't it!!??
And is it right, to then assume, that your ok with that and that bullying is fine!??
I'm guessing not, so before taking thing like this to heart and as serious, please try to understand that it might not be meant the way you perceive it to be, and hold fire on the arrogantly directed responses.
I apologised for upsetting people, I stand by that, but some of the reactions are over the top and also uncalled for.

But a few of you have read something, taken it completely out of context, and decided, oh, il have a pop at this bloke cos I don't agree with what's he's written. well fine, but, making remarks about people and calling names, well that's bullying isn't it!!?.

No it isn't, if you had posted an opinion on a subject and then instead of someone arguing against your point we had just called you names that would be bullying.

When however you make a crass idiotic joke it's fair comment to call you an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom