One week to go...(Predictions for Bolton Away)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
And I cannot wait! Wilder has got my mojo well and truly back. Actually feel we have a team and a coach who put everything in and will be fit to wear the red and white.

Prediction:

1-2 Blades (Clarke and Brooks)

200w.gif

1-1.

Think we're playing Bolton at a decent time, but on the other hand we're not going to be the strongest we'll be either. Both clubs have new managers, both will want to avoid defeat and I think both would take a draw.

4-0 Bolton. Complete meltdown.

Nah, probably a draw.

1-1.

Think we're playing Bolton at a decent time, but on the other hand we're not going to be the strongest we'll be either. Both clubs have new managers, both will want to avoid defeat and I think both would take a draw.
Same.

1-0 Blades
Sharp, from the spot
Done or Scougs brought down for the pen.

Then ten mins from time Long will Spaff a long distance hoik through his gloves and 2 mins later will spill a corner and somebody will prod home the winner ........

The only outcome I don`t expect is a Blades win,and that`s no reflection on Wilder or the majority of the squad,more a deep seated cynicism borne out of the last 4 seasons of incompetence and utterly unimpressive collective effort and achievement.

I imagine we`ll have someone sent off for a ridiculous foul and the whole thing will go tits up from there.

I refuse to allow myself to feel optimistic about this game so as to avoid the slap in the face as the full time score comes through.

That`s my defences in place. Prove me wrong Blades.

The only outcome I don`t expect is a Blades win,and that`s no reflection on Wilder or the majority of the squad,more a deep seated cynicism borne out of the last 4 seasons of incompetence and utterly unimpressive collective effort and achievement.

I imagine we`ll have someone sent off for a ridiculous foul and the whole thing will go tits up from there.

I refuse to allow myself to feel optimistic about this game so as to avoid the slap in the face as the full time score comes through.

That`s my defences in place. Prove me wrong Blades.
Mmm. I think last time we got a player sent off on our opening game away to the potential champions it didn't end well.

2-0 them.

A midfield containing Basham and at least one of Coutts and the scrappy midgets will create nothing.

Long will gift them at least one goal.

It will become obvious we will need one more good centre back. We will not have signed one, despite Adams' departure.

Last edited:
Il go for a 2-2 draw, 2-1 Bolton at halftime.
I'd like to see the Warnock way return, stick it to them in the last 6 or 7 minutes.
Sharp first half, Clarke late in second.
George long to concede first.......surprise surprise.

1-1 with the blades scoring first and disappointingly conceding the equaliser within a few minutes.

Not a bad result away at Bolton though by any means

Think further back, like when we beat Leicester city 4-1. Look where they are now!!!!
Believe!!!

I find it very hard to be optimistic ..the last few seasons have almost ruined my enthusiasm for the blades.. I'll settle for a battling draw

Think further back, like when we beat Leicester city 4-1. Look where they are now!!!!
Believe!!!

So we`re going to smash Bolton who will go on to be English Prem Champions within a few years whilst we continue to consolidate our position as a mid table Division 3 side.

Unfortunately I think that I believe.
The part about us anyway.

I saw Bolton beat Hull 1-0 on TV at the end of April. Bolton were much the better side. I see this game as United's hardest of the season -

on paper. I wouldn't be surprised by defeat but perhaps United's new, strong-looking attack can prove me wrong.

Who have Bolton brought in/lost since last season, I predict 0-2 win. Always start off in a really positive frame of mind, then after about 10/15 minutes my chin is on my chest.

Complete chaos on public transport as thousands try to get back in to Bolton on rail replacement buses

1-1 (Sharp)

Enough encouragement in there to appeal to the optimists.

Enough waste and weakness to cater to the pessimists.

Week-long debate on strength of the squad as a result.

3-1 Bolton. A complete horror show from Long results in a 30 page megathread with classics such as "leave him alone he's young"

Back
Top Bottom