One of our biggest obstacles...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TJB.

"What's the biggest room in your house?..."
Reaction score
...to progress for the foreseeable future is this;

The unfathomable amounts of cash that have been handed out to every Connor, Dean and Jay under the sun have nailed it into the heads of agents and clubs that we will pay well over the odds for their players. In fees and wages. This is something which has developed since 2014 under Clough and continued in a weird way under Adkins in terms of the Hammond situation.

There's no point going into who's to blame for this being the current situation - we know all that shite. But this is how it is and it's going to take a while to change. I believe Wilder when he says he'll pay the going rate but won't be held to ransom and I admire his stance on that, but it's going to take a while before people realise they can't try it on with us anymore.

This coupled with the current early pressure we've put on ourselves is probably going to make the Lane quite an unattractive prospect for a lot of players. We desperately need a win and an uplift in spirits on Saturday to put the club in the shop window and show how great it can be to play here, because we're going to struggle badly without more staff coming in before next week.

Fingers crossed, but I very much worry that once again we've tripped over our own clumsy, shit clown feet and landed on our faces.

I'm afraid to say that one of our biggest obstacles is Mr McCabes mindset.

You were at the fans forum TomJonesBlade you heard him say that it is more important to remain financially "stable" than to risk ending up like Leicester and Southampton. Well we've certainly avoided that haven't we? We can now look up at them from two divisions below and gloat about how fiscally responsible we've always been.

We won't get out of Division 3 unless we take calculated risks and possibly incur some debt. Football is NOT like any other business. Success is not only measured by the balance sheet, it is measured on the teams performance as well.

Perhaps we're going for 'absolutely ridiculous transfer targets'..out of desperation as the window is about to close?

This theory is a smokescreen.

If we're being quoted 'ridiculous' prices it's because the club doesn't need or want to sell the player in question!

If the player is sat on the bench in the Champ on a wage higher than he'd get here then he'll think twice about it...unless he has some 'special' bond with the club.

And furthermore, if the player does want to move, he'll seek the best deal..if that's our's then great, if it's someone else's we need to think about the market we're in...this billy-big-bollocks ' but look at the facilities' , don't you know who we are? doesn't wash when players are seeking contracts...

Perhaps we're going for 'absolutely ridiculous transfer targets'..out of desperation as the window is about to close?

This theory is a smokescreen.

If we're being quoted 'ridiculous' prices it's because the club doesn't need or want to sell the player in question!

PIGS did it a few years ago.
We're signing him... but we couldn't meet his wages.
We're signing him... but his family didn't want to move.
We're signing him... decided to stay and fight for his place...

In the end they signed him... from Millmoor Juniors and him, from Ashbourne Town... and him, from Gretna FC.

All made up, never any intentions, even one of the sponsors had to be restrained at a pre-season meeting.

...to progress for the foreseeable future is this;

The unfathomable amounts of cash that have been handed out to every Connor, Dean and Jay under the sun have nailed it into the heads of agents and clubs that we will pay well over the odds for their players. In fees and wages. This is something which has developed since 2014 under Clough and continued in a weird way under Adkins in terms of the Hammond situation.

There's no point going into who's to blame for this being the current situation - we know all that shite. But this is how it is and it's going to take a while to change. I believe Wilder when he says he'll pay the going rate but won't be held to ransom and I admire his stance on that, but it's going to take a while before people realise they can't try it on with us anymore.

This coupled with the current early pressure we've put on ourselves is probably going to make the Lane quite an unattractive prospect for a lot of players. We desperately need a win and an uplift in spirits on Saturday to put the club in the shop window and show how great it can be to play here, because we're going to struggle badly without more staff coming in before next week.

Fingers crossed, but I very much worry that once again we've tripped over our own clumsy, shit clown feet and landed on our faces.

Could we have possibly made some ridiculous offers for other teams assets just a thought.

One of our biggest obstacles
..to progress for the foreseeable future is this;

117v1g5.jpg

:cool:

Couple of things;

1. This "we are being quoted ridiculous amounts" isn't new. We got the same story from Clough & Adkins. So let's say we indulge it as the truth, it shows we have learnt nothing from our previous failings which in any industry is unacceptable.

2. If we are being outpriced in the UK market, why hasn't anyone at the club had the clout to think about exploring other markets? Why do we continue to try and compete in a market where we cannot be competitive? Don't we have partnerships on the international scene through HRH & Selehattin?

3. Loan market. Clubs around us have worked the loan market well. Coventry/Kent, P'Boro/Samuelson, Barnsley/Isgrove. I could probably name another dozen if I put my mind to it.

The fact is we are coming to the end game of another transfer window where key areas have not been strengthened so we are blaming everyone and everything but ourselves. Complete bollocks.

Were not the only club in the world to pay wages to players that didn't perform

It's always the same here,
Buy shit to start with and then have to offload to save on the wage bill instead of actually SELLING THEM.
Anybody we stumble upon that's any good gets sold before he has the audacity to negotiate a new contract.
Replace with shit and then have to offload to save on the wage bill instead of actually SELLING THEM.

And on and on and on it goes

Buy shit to start with and then have to offload to save on the wage bill instead of actually SELLING THEM.
Anybody we stumble upon that's any good gets sold before he has the audacity to negotiate a new contract.
Replace with shit and then have to offload to save on the wage bill instead of actually SELLING THEM.

Three cheers for someone or other.

Couple of things;

1. This "we are being quoted ridiculous amounts" isn't new. We got the same story from Clough & Adkins. So let's say we indulge it as the truth, it shows we have learnt nothing from our previous failings which in any industry is unacceptable.

2. If we are being outpriced in the UK market, why hasn't anyone at the club had the clout to think about exploring other markets? Why do we continue to try and compete in a market where we cannot be competitive? Don't we have partnerships on the international scene through HRH & Selehattin?

3. Loan market. Clubs around us have worked the loan market well. Coventry/Kent, P'Boro/Samuelson, Barnsley/Isgrove. I could probably name another dozen if I put my mind to it.

The fact is we are coming to the end game of another transfer window where key areas have not been strengthened so we are blaming everyone and everything but ourselves. Complete bollocks.
You've saved me a lot of typing there, DD. Great post!

Agree mate first sign of talent they are gone end of.What's up with building a team round the talent we haven't done that for as long as I can remember. First bit of interest any talent we have is gone, we then replace with shit who aren't good enough and we ultimately end up paying the useless fukers off to get rid. I struggle to get my head around this policy and I'm not the most intelligent person by a long chalk, but for a millionaire construction magnet to be doing this season after season is quite baffling. It clearly isn't working hence our current predicament but happens season after season and I haven't got a clue why?

Construction management/development is completely different to football ownership/management, just ask Kevin, he is extremely knowledgeable regarding the subject!! it's just a shame that he won't admit it and move on to a new hobby that he can fu@k up.

Here's an idea - if you're getting quoted prices like £1.5m for ridiculously overambitious targets (for the situation we find ourselves in), howsabout quickly moving on to more realistic options? Just a thought.

Oxford bought Ryan Ledson from Everton on a three-year deal yesterday. Which shows there ARE options out there.

Chris really not doing himself any favours with these sorts of silly excuses IMO.

Couple of things;

Sounds like sumat your Uncle said to you a few years ago.

Here's an idea - if you're getting quoted prices like £1.5m for ridiculously overambitious targets (for the situation we find ourselves in), howsabout quickly moving on to more realistic options? Just a thought.

Oxford bought Ryan Ledson from Everton on a three-year deal yesterday. Which shows there ARE options out there.

Chris really not doing himself any favours with these sorts of silly excuses IMO.
Everyone can see there are alternative routes of doing business, except our club. Our club crumbles when offers for their players come in, other teams realise the value a player holds in their team.

Back
Top Bottom