On the way back...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

skinje

Reaction score
Thought we were by far the better team today, however, the weaknesses that will prevent us troubling the top two in the immediate future were prevalent. Namely, lack of cutting edge up top. Done missed two excellent chances, Sharp not getting the breaks falling to him and drifting left a lot for the ball. And the bench lacking options for a change.

With Clarke and Lavery on that bench I think we win the game today, can't wait to get them back. Still, lots to be positive about. 8/10 times we get the three points with a performance like that today. UTB!

Thought we were by far the better team today, however, the weaknesses that will prevent us troubling the top two in the immediate future were prevalent. Namely, lack of cutting edge up top. Done missed two excellent chances, Sharp not getting the breaks falling to him and drifting left a lot for the ball. And the bench lacking options for a change.

With Clarke and Lavery on that bench I think we win the game today, can't wait to get them back. Still, lots to be positive about. 8/10 times we get the three points with a performance like that today. UTB!

Tis football, mate. Every fan on Praise & Grumble has similar thoughts tonight, but we're on the right path. The beauty of football is that it mirrors life - you want every day to be different so the good days make up for the bad ones. Keep the faith, we're on the way back!

Wilder really frustrated and says we were just one pass away from a goal. Pleased with the effort.

Oooooooooooo how close was that!!

Think your bang on about the bench... Having a Clarke or Lavery option on there would give wilder the option of changing things up if they just aren't quite falling for one of the starting strikers.

Still nice to score another late goal tho - Seems like its been years since we fought to the end of games.

Think your bang on about the bench... Having a Clarke or Lavery option on there would give wilder the option of changing things up if they just aren't quite falling for one of the starting strikers.

Still nice to score another late goal tho - Seems like its been years since we fought to the end of games.

Yeah. Well we have two weeks now till the next game at home to Vale. Lavery available, some of our elders rested, and bashams last game of suspension.
Aim has got to be, stay in touch at the top till January then outgun our rivals in the transfer market. Things are feeling good again!

We troubled one of the top two last week mate, and we're on a nice little unbeaten run. More about results than performances, and as long as we keep this battling mentality we'll be ok.

The defence was costing us, that's been really tightened up. Up front, we seem to be getting an understanding so personally I'm not that concerned because I think the goals will come.

Wilder has proved to be pretty astute so far, I don't think he'll sit back and allow us to struggle up front if he sees it that way for much longer. I trust him, and I haven't said that about one of our managers in a long time.

Yeah. Well we have two weeks now till the next game at home to Vale. Lavery available, some of our elders rested, and bashams last game of suspension.
Aim has got to be, stay in touch at the top till January then outgun our rivals in the transfer market. Things are feeling good again!

Agreed. Think Wilder is probably taking the right approach and being cautious with the players. Seem little point in rushing them back only to find they are then out for weeks.

Wonder if we have an option of recalling Mcnulty in the situation remains where we only have the 2 first team strikers.

I wasn't at the game, but I did hope for 3 points today (like every game!), but was very pleased to hear we kept at it and got something out of the game. Also on the plus side pigs lost :D and the twats from bolton are sliding.

I would still like a tall, powerful, hard case midfielder with pace who can score, but I assume every other team in our league (any league) wants the same

Clarke and Lavery were brought in to be that something different upfront, it's a bit unfortunate they have both got injured.

I noticed in the shoutbox how opinions were aired along the lines of "I always thought we'd lose this one" before the game ended, it refreshing that the players don't share this surrender attitude. Well done the lads and travelling Blades, like every supporter I share every high and low throughout a game, but it's another game where we're unbeaten, and although it would have been lovely to collect 3 points, over the season games like today may prove crucial, UTB

Just arrived back after an indifferent performance. Very sloppy at times and really missed Basham. We dithered going forward, lacked height up front and a cutting edge. Too many players were slightly below par. Despite the last minute it feels like a wasted opportunity for the 3 points. Credit were it's due though as we stuck at it and had them penned in for long periods. Probably a fare result as they looked dangerous on the break at times. Onwards and upwards

Just arrived back after an indifferent performance. Very sloppy at times and really missed Basham. We dithered going forward, lacked height up front and a cutting edge. Too many players were slightly below par. Despite the last minute it feels like a wasted opportunity for the 3 points. Credit were it's due though as we stuck at it and had them penned in for long periods. Probably a fare result as they looked dangerous on the break at times. Onwards and upwards

I thought we were better than indifferent, plenty of positives, although not brilliant and their keeper made several great saves and must have been close to MOTM for them.

The reason we lacked height upfront is because we kept punting high balls to Done, who didn't win one, not that I blame him for that.

Their front two was no bigger than ours and they sliced us apart several times and never resorted to high balls.

I also wonder whether EEL chipping balls down the line is under instruction, or whether he just panics, but it doesnt work.

I was thinking that it was the kind of gane we'd have lost last season, except we didn't, we got a late equaliser, though not quite as late as this one. From what I recall of last season, today's was a better performance.

I was worried pre match because since we been in L1. We usually struggle when we play minnows (no disrespect) likes of Fleetwood, AFC Wimbledon, Crawley, Burton or Stevenage & for 94th mins i thought hear we go again No one can deny nothing short of what we deserved. Only 1 team in that 2nd half something finally dropped last kick of the game. Brilliant from wilder, he'd give usain bolt a run for his money with that sprint. (Although i was no better deafened my neighbours which quite loud scream as i heard it go in)

Over the last few games he does have a few of warnocks qualities. The passion, Fighting to final kick winning or losing, sum of its parts better than individuals. Cant believe if its right Ebanks Landell got booked, suits higher up wonder why refs can be disliked. Just shows how theyve never played the game themselves. They need to change that rule how can celebrating a last min goal with your own fans be incitement. Its the Joy of Game

I thought we were better than indifferent, plenty of positives, although not brilliant and their keeper made several great saves and must have been close to MOTM for them.

The reason we lacked height upfront is because we kept punting high balls to Done, who didn't win one, not that I blame him for that.

Their front two was no bigger than ours and they sliced us apart several times and never resorted to high balls.

I also wonder whether EEL chipping balls down the line is under instruction, or whether he just panics, but it doesnt work.

I was thinking that it was the kind of gane we'd have lost last season, except we didn't, we got a late equaliser, though not quite as late as this one. From what I recall of last season, today's was a better performance.
In parts I agree with you but neither of our front two are "hold the ball up" strikers and we rarely look capable of being able to thread a ball through for one to run on to (Dones early chance apart?) Trying not to be too critical as we certainly never gave up trying but we lacked the cutting edge promotion winning teams have. No doubt we are on the right lines and mentally wise we are spot on.
Struggling to think of any saves there keeper had to make second half? They certainly put there bodies on the line like us but Moore was called into action more often surely?
All about opinions
UTB

No the aim is to get in the top 2 ASAP and stay there.

I'll be happy when we produce a match-winning performance and put a game out of sight. Something that is the hallmark of a promotion-worthy side and something which we haven't achieved once all season.

I don't mean to be negative but that next gear needs to be reached sooner rather than later.

That was a decent result today. Bradford fans were saying Fleetwood were the best side they've seen at valley parade this season. They're a decent side

Point away from home. Happy. I like CW and the new Blades. Rip 'em a new one lads

Back
Top Bottom