Old Program Scans

• Thread starter Deleted member 1486
  • Start date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

D

Deleted member 1486

Like many of you, I have a stack of old programs and documents. I thought I might share some of it but want to test if there is even an audience for it (!?!), so I selected the one with the fewest pages! (this could be the shortest thread ever!). There's an album in Media (above), feel free to add what you have.

3rd August 1997. Spackman still caretaker manager (would get the gig fulltime 2 days later). Deano Comes Home. Sheffield United v Blackburn.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

BTW Foxy if you'd prefer the images offsite, just say ;)

Forget Brian Deane..

Being serious for a second (I told this story before, so please forgive the echo if you heard it before), they say "never meet your heroes", a little after the time this program came out me and a mate (blade) were working for a local radio station and got free press box tickets. We were knocking back the free beers (and you know how freely free beers flow!), enjoyed the post match press conferences and were walking down the back of the inside of the South Stand when we came upon Brian talking to Tony Pritchett (the then United Star reporter).

A bit pissed up and star struck we must have appeared like two giggling teenage girls to Deano and walked up to him mid-interview and just wanted to chat/shake his hand/tell him about "that time....." (much to Prichett's annoyance!!!). I'm not kidding when I say that Brian couldn't have been more of a legend than he was that day, and he made two fans very happy. He went from "focused press interview" mode to "fuck the interview, there are fans here" in milliseconds (much to Prichett's annoyance!!!). He must have stood on the stairs and talked to us for ten minutes (keeping Prichett waiting), quite obviously making both of us the centre of his attention and making us feel like we were the special people in his world (rather than vice-versa).

I'm a lot older now, and having kids I've probably met most of the major utd players over recent years (trust me, I've stood outside doors and carparks waiting for all sorts of players!). I've found most of them to be friendly, accessible, nice-natured, not-arrogant (there is that preconception about football players), but to this day I've never met as nice a guy, and as down to earth player as Brian Deane. Make me write my all-Blade legends 11 and Brian Deane is the first player on the list!

I don't know if ex-players ever read this forum, but if Deano ever comes across this post I'd like him to know he made a couple of blades feel very happy and very special that day (and gave them stories they've both told their kids!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the best pre season recruitment in the last 20 years. Too bad it only last 3 months or however long.

Too bad it only last 3 months or however long.

I never realised until last night that I tend to put things I collect at games inside programs (!), I found all sorts of old unused (and used, but hopefully not winning..) betting slips, team sheets, fanzines, flyers, etc.

I found this BIFA hand out, not a clue which program it was in unfortunately. Anyone give any context? Which game/season? (who were BIFA? and what happened to all the 4/5 letter acronym supporter groups? Outdated by the web?)

index.php

BTW Foxy if you'd prefer the images offsite, just say ;)

There IS a market for quality memorabilia like this.
Some of us are so sad we were too cheap to buy and too busy to keep anything for our lifetime of supporting the Blades and have little to remind us of what we have seen and done.
There's a rumour that some saddo's have even started downloading images from sales of such on Ebay ;)

If not here than please post somewhere and put the link on here and hopefully it's there for all current and future saddo's :)
Many thanks for taking the trouble.

There IS a market for quality memorabilia like this.
Some of us are so sad we were too cheap to buy and too busy to keep anything for our lifetime of supporting the Blades and have little to remind us of what we have seen and done.
There's a rumour that some saddo's have even started downloading images from sales of such on Ebay ;)

If not here than please post somewhere and put the link on here and hopefully it's there for all current and future saddo's :)
Many thanks for taking the trouble.

If anyone wants to come to our house and scan in the 2000+ we've currently got catalogued, crack on :D

I never realised until last night that I tend to put things I collect at games inside programs (!), I found all sorts of old unused (and used, but hopefully not winning..) betting slips, team sheets, fanzines, flyers, etc.

I found this BIFA hand out, not a clue which program it was in unfortunately. Anyone give any context? Which game/season? (who were BIFA? and what happened to all the 4/5 letter acronym supporter groups? Outdated by the web?)

index.php
I'm guessing the Crystal Palace game six weeks or so before David Hopkin day. 3-0 win and we even missed a pen I think.

Back
Top Bottom