No new players before 10th Jan?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The transfer window opens on January 3rd, but in order for players to be eligible for the QPR game they have to be registered by the 2nd of January which is pretty unfair as it means it is impossible to sign a new player(s) for the FA Cup matches. Therefore Clough is annoyed. What Clough means by not being able to sign anyone before the 10th is that anyone he signs on the 3rd is not eligible for a week and can't make an immediate impact as he wants them to do.

Most likely reason is the Swedish transfer window opens on 10th January.

The reason is simple.

The board have no money to give to Clough. Why should they? Why should they strengthen the squad when promotion will only raise our expectations?

pommpey

Why does it matter if we are after the 2 players mentioned ? Won't they be cup tied? Plus we play on the 4th is it just a 24 hour rule ?

He knows if we get knocked out the cup its pre season planning time

"So what it means then is we can't bring anyone in before the Preston game on the 10th,that's a third of the way through the window" this was quoted as Clough saying thiso_O Now i'm struggling with this one.He can't bring anyone in before the the 10th? Why not? Surely this must be a mis quote from the shit that is the star or did he really say this?

"So what it means then is we can't bring anyone in before the Preston game on the 10th,that's a third of the way through the window" this was quoted as Clough saying thiso_O Now i'm struggling with this one.He can't bring anyone in before the the 10th? Why not? Surely this must be a mis quote from the shit that is the star or did he really say this?

Makes sense to me, first game any player can turn out for us is the Preston game which happens to fall on the 10th.

Can't make a signing that can play at QPR.

No mention any where that we will wait until the 10th to sign any one but the way things are going at The Lane the 10th may be 21 days too soon.

Don't see what there is to moan about? Any half-decent players from L1 or L2 will already be cup-tied. Isn't the league supposed to be our priority anyway? I would have thought anyone we bring in would benefit from a few days training with the rest of the squad rather than pitching them straight in.

Makes sense to me, first game any player can turn out for us is the Preston game which happens to fall on the 10th.

Can't make a signing that can play at QPR.

No mention any where that we will wait until the 10th to sign any one but the way things are going at The Lane the 10th may be 21 days too soon.
It doesn't say that though does it? If it was worded right and if what Clough meant was that then it should surely say,we can't bring anyone in until after the QPR game if that was the case.

If what you say is true then fine but i wouldn't say it makes sense though.

Why doesn't the January window open on the 1st of January? I thought the whole point of the January transfer window was that clubs could sign players through-out January, so starting the window on the 3rd is a bit odd.

Sheffield United: Clough raps transfer regulations
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-clough-raps-transfer-regulations-1-7023489

See Clough article in Stir. Please someone explain in easy steps why we can't sign someone before the 10th (confused.com)
don't know why we all get excited the board are going to give him SFA and we can all look forward to another season of Crap 3rd tier football :oops: I know what are all going to say after the next quote ! at least the board backed porterfield back in the stone ages ( and yes he made a dogs dinner of it ) but at least they were able to say but at least we backed him :D

I am not convinced we will sign anybody this TW. It'll be the same old story as the last one. Our bids will not meet the other clubs valuation - though we tried ever so hard - and there will be a statement from the management that we will pursue targets in the loan window. Then nothing will happen so the next statement will be that we will have to soldier on with what we have and that we remain focused on getting into the play off places.

Same owd

Why does it matter if we are after the 2 players mentioned ? Won't they be cup tied? Plus we play on the 4th is it just a 24 hour rule ?
Doyle is cup tied, however Bryaford is not. Players have to be registered before the first fixture of a round of fixtures. As there are 2 games on Friday night, one involving Cardiff (and potentially Brayford) players have to be registered by then.

Part of any deal we are discussing with clubs might be not to cup tie a player. A bit of a chance though seeing as we may get knocked out straight away.

I thought that. Must be a misquote or a statement made by Clough incorrectly in anger

It doesn't say that though does it? If it was worded right and if what Clough meant was that then it should surely say,we can't bring anyone in until after the QPR game if that was the case.

If what you say is true then fine but i wouldn't say it makes sense though.

I thought that. Must be a misquote or a statement made by Clough incorrectly in anger

The quote is at the end here:

Cheers bergs! I think matt hits the nail on the head with Cloughy saying it wrongly.I think if i'd have seen this earlier it would have saved me a few posts:D

He says they need to be registered for 2nd to be registered for FA Cup which really means the 10th for the Preston game.

Since the GCI came in we have had 2 transfer windows, signed fuck all of note, still boast a un-prolific strike-force and have, as usual, sold our best young prospect.Why anyone therefore thinks we will spend any money on players on the 1st, 10th 3rd or any day in January absolutely baffles me. I'm just glad we have JP on twitter who keeps us in the loop.o_O

He says they need to be registered for 2nd to be registered for FA Cup which really means the 10th for the Preston game.
Yes he does matt,he then proceeds to say it's an anomaly we can't sign anyone before the Preston game,which was what i questioned in the first place as we can surely sign someone before then,so i then came to a conclusion that what he said was infact incorrect for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom