No junior blades anymore?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
I had my first child yesterday morning, my dads first thought was to get her into the junior blades.
He got me into it after a few hours of being born(as he reminds me constantly) so even though I threw him a curve ball and gave him a grandDAUGHTER he went down to the lane to get her signed up.
Long story short, they don't do it any more apparently. Luckily Mick Rooker (I'm sure I've got that right) overheard my dads complaints and had her a certificate made especially just so he had something to bring to the hospital.
Seems a bit weird, I don't know what being a junior blade entitles you to but the unhelpful woman at the lane was skeptical that my dad was doing all this just "to get wembley tickets early"
Haha what wembley tickets?
Just wondered if anyone already knew this?

.....of course I'm still going tonight by the way. UTB

I had my first child yesterday morning, my dads first thought was to get her into the junior blades.
He got me into it after a few hours of being born(as he reminds me constantly) so even though I threw him a curve ball and gave him a grandDAUGHTER he went down to the lane to get her signed up.
Long story short, they don't do it any more apparently. Luckily Mick Rooker (I'm sure I've got that right) overheard my dads complaints and had her a certificate made especially just so he had something to bring to the hospital.
Seems a bit weird, I don't know what being a junior blade entitles you to but the unhelpful woman at the lane was skeptical that my dad was doing all this just "to get wembley tickets early"
Haha what wembley tickets?
Just wondered if anyone already knew this?

.....of course I'm still going tonight by the way. UTB

All junior Blades go in the first team squad these days.

Congrats by the way

UTB

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20140714-memberships-now-available-255367.aspx

That was posted last month! All junior season ticket holders are automatically enrolled as a Junior Blade, but there aren't any membership certificates any more. The score board always has a list of Junior Blade birthdays on so it definitely exists, but it does state on that page that there was a last date for memberships - I wonder if they meant they can't join until next season (if so that's still a bit daft)

The Junior Blades 2014-15 package includes:
- Discounted home match ticket prices JUST £6. Family areas - JUST £5
- Attend 5 games and get a free ticket for a Cat B game*
- Discount on Extra Value Meals at a number of Sheffield branches with our new partner McDonalds*
- £1 discount off SUFC official coach travel
- 10% discount in the Blades Superstore*
- Competitions to win a mascot package for every home game - subject to status
- Chance to be a mascot at away fixtures - subject to status
- 10% off mascot packages
- 10% off academy birthday parties
- Your birthday on big screen at a match and an E-Birthday Card*
- Christmas E-Card
- 100 loyalty points
- Priority on high profile away tickets where demand exceeds supply (subject to required amount of loyalty points)*
- Membership Card
- Ability to book online or over the telephone and have your card activated for each game - no need to queue or collect tickets
- Limited edition 125 celebration pin badge

Apply now at the ticket office in person or over the phone on 0871 995 1889

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/...now-available-255367.aspx#1iogJgyYVCjx5EuB.99

Congratulations :)
Go for a bladey middle name ,my daughter is Reece after my hero.

Ahhh the late great Gilbert Ivor Reece. Was a hero of mine too Sitters even as a nipper at junior school.

On the junior Blades subject.... I was one of the EDS supporters who got in the pen for 40p and sneaked under the railings onto the main Kop.......... Them wert days ! (Usually of shit football and relegations )

UTB.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20140714-memberships-now-available-255367.aspx

That was posted last month! All junior season ticket holders are automatically enrolled as a Junior Blade, but there aren't any membership certificates any more. The score board always has a list of Junior Blade birthdays on so it definitely exists, but it does state on that page that there was a last date for memberships - I wonder if they meant they can't join until next season (if so that's still a bit daft)

The Junior Blades 2014-15 package includes:
- Discounted home match ticket prices JUST £6. Family areas - JUST £5
- Attend 5 games and get a free ticket for a Cat B game*
- Discount on Extra Value Meals at a number of Sheffield branches with our new partner McDonalds*
- £1 discount off SUFC official coach travel
- 10% discount in the Blades Superstore*
- Competitions to win a mascot package for every home game - subject to status
- Chance to be a mascot at away fixtures - subject to status
- 10% off mascot packages
- 10% off academy birthday parties
- Your birthday on big screen at a match and an E-Birthday Card*
- Christmas E-Card
- 100 loyalty points
- Priority on high profile away tickets where demand exceeds supply (subject to required amount of loyalty points)*
- Membership Card
- Ability to book online or over the telephone and have your card activated for each game - no need to queue or collect tickets
- Limited edition 125 celebration pin badge

Apply now at the ticket office in person or over the phone on 0871 995 1889

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/...now-available-255367.aspx#1iogJgyYVCjx5EuB.99
Just read through it now pal, thanks for that.
Missing the January cut off is the only thing I can think of then. Most of the benefits aren't ideal for a new born anyway, just wanted her to get signed up because without being a official blade she felt a bit illegitimate.

Just read through it now pal, thanks for that.
Missing the January cut off is the only thing I can think of then. Most of the benefits aren't ideal for a new born anyway, just wanted her to get signed up because without being a official blade she felt a bit illegitimate.
think yourself lucky I married into a family of piggies ! mind you I have years of getting in the piss takes :)
classic one was when we went up and waved to them coming the other way :p

I was hoping she was born in our historic treble winning year,
Il take just been promoted the year of her birth instead then I guess

Luckily Mick Rooker (I'm sure I've got that right) overheard my dads complaints and had her a certificate made especially just so he had something to bring to the hospital.

This is being glossed over because such an exceptional level of service has become standard practice for Rooks.
But just thought I'd highlight it to reiterate what an amazing job this man does.

This is being glossed over because such an exceptional level of service has become standard practice for Rooks.
But just thought I'd highlight it to reiterate what an amazing job this man does.
My dad is a hard man to please, he complains about the shop and the ticket office all the time....
But he praises Mick Rooker like he's the unsung hero of our club. It all comes from when I was a mascot 20 years, I don't even know what the mans job title is but he seems to go that extra mile with all our fans to make us feel wanted and valued the way all life long blades should be.
Like I say I don't know the guy but from what I hear he's a top-top bloke!

Mick recently gave up his car parking space for me when I broke my hip and parked his own car on the street.
Seriously???
This guy sounds like a myth to me. He sounds like a story passed through the ages like Robin Hood. Haha. He probably gets no publicity at all but every blade knows him by name appreciates him like mad.

Back
Top Bottom