No Blades players in PFA League one team of the year.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
For The First time since we have been down here no United Players made the list.

2ez4n54.jpg

What a team Bristol have had this year five players made the list

I noticed Simon Francis made the championship team. Maybe we should have kept him. Decent defender.

The only play off team not represented
It helps if your manager can actually buy a good player though.
Grayson and Cotterill don't seem to have done too bad.

http://www.noodls.com/viewNoodl/279...-association/league-one-team-of-the-year-2015
The last time Wednesday were in League one they didn't have anyone in the team of the season. Obviously means they didn't buy a good player. We had three in that season . But don't let that stop you having a little dig at the manager thou

Last edited:
Surely we could buy him

He's on loan from Burnley. They may need him if they go down. He was in good nick though, best performance i've seen at this level from a keeper in a while. Since Howard at Preston maybe.

He's on loan from Burnley. They may need him if they go down. He was in good nick though, best performance i've seen at this level from a keeper in a while. Since Howard at Preston maybe.
There's been a lot of discussion about how the new footballs swerve and dip, didn't seem to be the case at Orient yesterday.

The last time Wednesday were in League one they didn't have anyone in the team of the season. Obviously means they didn't buy a good player. We had three in that season . But don't let that stop you having a little dig at the manager thou

The votes for the PFA are taken weeks before the end of the season, well before Wendy came with their late run.
In other words many votes are cast before those sides play Wendy twice and got beaten by them, so hardly a scientific accurate poll.

Which of any of Clough's signings do you think should be in?
or Conversely
Which of the 11 players would not get into our current side?

Managers are only as good as their players, and who recruits the players?
I suppose you don't think Cotterill and Grayson have done a better job of recruiting than Clough on far less money?

Cannot really argue with that side. Bristol have dominated the division so to have 4 in is not a surprise. They would argue they should have had more. All those saying Harris was the best left back in the division I wonder how many (if any votes he got? ;)). As I expected Bryan was picked. An excellent wing back.

Murphy may argue he could have got in but Korey Smith is an excellent player but is more central?

The rest of the side not a surprise with stand outs such as Ali, Garner, Flint, Freeman and Byrne.

As others have said probably 10 of those would all get in our first choice 11; Murphy only one who may sneak in.

Fielding has been good but has been well protected. I have always liked Foderingham at Swindon and think Lee at Chesterfield is a very good keeper too.

If Swindon don't go up I would see if we could get Luono - said he will move on - but may move higher up the league (what do you mean that rules us out).

When you look at that you realise why it will be so tough to get out of the playoffs; Preston got Garner, Beckford, Gallacher etc. MK with Ali and a ton of attacking talent that score goals for fun and Swindon have pace and creativity in Thompson, Byrne and Luongo. Chessy have not stand outs but seem a lot more together and settled. We go in as the bang outsiders for me but you never know. We may be saving up that good performance (Barnsley, Scunny, QPR and flashes v Spurs - is about it since Xmas) for in a few weeks.

Pretty damning indictment either of the players Clough has recruited given the budget he's had, or the way he has employed them on the pitch.

The votes for the PFA are taken weeks before the end of the season, well before Wendy came with their late run.
In other words many votes are cast before those sides play Wendy twice and got beaten by them, so hardly a scientific accurate poll.

or Conversely

I suppose you don't think Cotterill and Grayson have done a better job of recruiting than Clough on far less money?
The votes are taken about two weeks before the end of the season as they now used modern technology to vote rather than snail mail as in the past.

You used your post to try and have a sly dig at Clough. By your reckoning Wilson must have bought better players than Megson as we had more players in the PFA team than them. Yet guess which team went up?
Basically it is totally irrelevant who is in the PFA in respect of who gets promoted .

As for your other questions, it was not the point I was making but you seem to have used it as another opportunity to have a dig at Clough. I have not seen enough of the other players to make a judgement as I suspect you haven't either.e.g I have never seen Garner have a good game against us and the five from Bristol were poor against us at Ashton Gate where most of our players outshone them.

Only three teams get promoted a season and last time I looked we are still in with a chance ( yes I am disappointed we are not in the top two) but again by your reckoning if we get promoted Clough won't have done a good job as he hasn't got a player in the PFA team.

Slagging off a manager for not having a player in the PFA team is pathetic to say the least

Cannot really argue with that side. Bristol have dominated the division so to have 4 in is not a surprise. They would argue they should have had more. All those saying Harris was the best left back in the division I wonder how many (if any votes he got? ;)). As I expected Bryan was picked. An excellent wing back.

Murphy may argue he could have got in but Korey Smith is an excellent player but is more central?

The rest of the side not a surprise with stand outs such as Ali, Garner, Flint, Freeman and Byrne.

As others have said probably 10 of those would all get in our first choice 11; Murphy only one who may sneak in.

Fielding has been good but has been well protected. I have always liked Foderingham at Swindon and think Lee at Chesterfield is a very good keeper too.

If Swindon don't go up I would see if we could get Luono - said he will move on - but may move higher up the league (what do you mean that rules us out).

When you look at that you realise why it will be so tough to get out of the playoffs; Preston got Garner, Beckford, Gallacher etc. MK with Ali and a ton of attacking talent that score goals for fun and Swindon have pace and creativity in Thompson, Byrne and Luongo. Chessy have not stand outs but seem a lot more together and settled. We go in as the bang outsiders for me but you never know. We may be saving up that good performance (Barnsley, Scunny, QPR and flashes v Spurs - is about it since Xmas) for in a few weeks.

I'm now scared of playing anyone in the play offs. Even if we have beaten three of the top four and still got Chezzie at home to play. Think I won't bother going a week on Thursday or might just go so I can boo them off after the certain defeat.

The votes are taken about two weeks before the end of the season as they now used modern technology to vote rather than snail mail as in the past.

You used your post to try and have a sly dig at Clough. By your reckoning Wilson must have bought better players than Megson as we had more players in the PFA team than them. Yet guess which team went up?
Basically it is totally irrelevant who is in the PFA in respect of who gets promoted .

As for your other questions, it was not the point I was making but you seem to have used it as another opportunity to have a dig at Clough. I have not seen enough of the other players to make a judgement as I suspect you haven't either.e.g I have never seen Garner have a good game against us and the five from Bristol were poor against us at Ashton Gate where most of our players outshone them.

Only three teams get promoted a season and last time I looked we are still in with a chance ( yes I am disappointed we are not in the top two) but again by your reckoning if we get promoted Clough won't have done a good job as he hasn't got a player in the PFA team.

Slagging off a manager for not having a player in the PFA team is pathetic to say the least

Please state your source for the PFA using 'modern technology for their voting procedure in 2012., when Wendy didn't have a representative in the TOTY.

3 years later Here is what the PFA say in 2015
http://www.thepfa.com/thepfa/pfaawards/voting-system-explained
Please state where it refers to their that they use modern technology and vote just 2 weeks ago.
Here is an article in 2013 saying why they need to change the voting system to include ALL the season, instead of 3/4's of it.
I'm more than happy to provide a tsunami of evidence to prove my point about 2012. and votes cast before Wendy's late run.
If you remember there was a certain United player who made the TOTY which caused a little rumbas. as he was already in the jail, when the team was announced.
http://www.givemesport.com/334867-should-the-pfa-player-of-the-year-voting-system-be-changed

I didn't mention Clough at all in my original response, it was you that brought Clough into the discussion.
i am more than happy to discuss his recruitment ''achievements''' vis a vis Grayson and Cotterill.

Please state your source for the PFA using 'modern technology for their voting procedure in 2012., when Wendy didn't have a representative in the TOTY.

3 years later Here is what the PFA say in 2015
http://www.thepfa.com/thepfa/pfaawards/voting-system-explained
Please state where it refers to their that they use modern technology and vote just 2 weeks ago.
Here is an article in 2013 saying why they need to change the voting system to include ALL the season, instead of 3/4's of it.
I'm more than happy to provide a tsunami of evidence to prove my point about 2012. and votes cast before Wendy's late run.
If you remember there was a certain United player who made the TOTY which caused a little rumbas. as he was already in the jail, when the team was announced.
http://www.givemesport.com/334867-should-the-pfa-player-of-the-year-voting-system-be-changed

I didn't mention Clough at all in my original response, it was you that brought Clough into the discussion.
i am more than happy to discuss his recruitment ''achievements''' vis a vis Grayson and Cotterill.
The players have a 'window' to get their votes on with the ballot closing a few weeks before the end of the season. Note that your so called 'evidence' does not include dates. I can assure you that votes don't have to be in by the end of February.Source ? A current player.

If you recall, Evans was sent down in April and not exactly with 15 games to go which was approximately the start of Wednesday's run. But again you have overlooked the points I made about the relevance of a PFA team to a team getting promoted.you are basically saying Wednesday didn't pay well up to that up beaten run which is patently is not true. They were in the play offs most of that season and players often get in he team who are mid table anyway.

Apart from that you again have ignored the content of my reply . You claim you weren't implying about Clough yet you then want to go on about his recruitment achievements.

Please can you tell me what recruitment policy Clough has compared with the other managers have ? ( name your source if you like !!!!! )

or Conversely

The Beard

The 40th annual Professional Footballers Awards take place on April 28 2013, but the nominations from players start as early as February.

Do you need any more proof?

View attachment 11469
I don't get what you are trying to prove. I was taking about the dates the vote has to be in for. What are you trying to show ?

You are still ignoring the rest of the posts. Maybe you are meaning to.

Anyone that can give the England right back the run around over two legs must surely be good enough to make that team !!

Murphy should be in, others not I am afraid.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom