Nigel Hodgson?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GrimsbyBlade

Reaction score
A mate of mine came in as I was watching the England game, and asked what happened in the first half. I summarised it like this:

We were disciplined and compact, and the ball spent most of the time between our defence and deep lying midfielders. Our full backs pushed forward but without any real penetration, as we pressed patiently, usually to no avail. We struggled to get the ball to our strikers, one of whom isn't a natural centre forward and has looked isolated. We totally controlled the pace of the game, but just failed to look like scoring. One flash of football from the opponents and we went in 1-0 down.

Suddenly I thought to myself, where have I seen this before?...

A mate of mine came in as I was watching the England game, and asked what happened in the first half. I summarised it like this:

We were disciplined and compact, and the ball spent most of the time between our defence and deep lying midfielders. Our full backs pushed forward but without any real penetration, as we pressed patiently, usually to no avail. We struggled to get the ball to our strikers, one of whom isn't a natural centre forward and has looked isolated. We totally controlled the pace of the game, but just failed to look like scoring. One flash of football from the opponents and we went in 1-0 down.

If that was disciplined and compact tonight, then I agree with Mark Robins, Sheff U are a better side than I thought!

Bet he wished he'd never asked...

Back
Top Bottom