Next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hartley Hare

Being Naughty
Reaction score
It may be a little soon to start speculating on next seasons opposition, but right now it looks like -

We will kiss good bye to;

Wolves
Brentford
Preston?
Stevenage
Shrewsbury
Carlisle
Notts County? Crewe? Tranmere? Colchester?

We will say hello to old foes;

Yeovil
Barnsley
Scunthorpe
Chesterfield

and maybe Blackpool, Brum, Rochdale and York?

I can't help thinking that next seasons league will be weaker than this. Wolves and Brentford seem stronger teams than Yeovil and Barnsley. Brum are in decline, as are Blackpool. Rochdale, Scunthorpe and Chesterfield are hardly giants, and have failed in league one previously.

Leytonstone are a one season wonder in my book, like Tranmere were last season. Rotherham may turn out the same.

Next year could be very exciting if we can add those few players we need. I wonder if we will be favourites for promotion with the bookies?

HH

Make some decent signings and next year really should be there for the taking.

I hope anyway.

It may be a little soon to start speculating on next seasons opposition, but right now it looks like -

We will kiss good bye to;

Wolves
Brentford
Preston?
Stevenage
Shrewsbury
Carlisle
Notts County? Crewe? Tranmere? Colchester?

We will say hello to old foes;

Yeovil
Barnsley
Scunthorpe
Chesterfield

and maybe Blackpool, Brum, Rochdale and York?

I can't help thinking that next seasons league will be weaker than this. Wolves and Brentford seem stronger teams than Yeovil and Barnsley. Brum are in decline, as are Blackpool. Rochdale, Scunthorpe and Chesterfield are hardly giants, and have failed in league one previously.

Leytonstone are a one season wonder in my book, like Tranmere were last season. Rotherham may turn out the same.

Next year could be very exciting if we can add those few players we need. I wonder if we will be favourites for promotion with the bookies?

HH

'Leytonstone'?,thought they were in the Ismian lge or summit lol!

We are where we are but it still drives me nuts that we are mentioned in the same league as those teams. Very sad but lets enjoy the 'smaller' grounds/clubs we visit, show respect and hope they enjoyed our visit despite losing to us on our way to being next seasons champions.

'Leytonstone'?,thought they were in the Ismian lge or summit lol!

JOEYDEE, you must remember, Hartley Hare is an upholder of what might be called gentrified Blades-speak. He's unusual there's no doubt, but he also maintains a certain decorum in the way he posts on here. Either that or he's a throwback to P.G.Wodehouse

If we are not Top six contenders next season someone will want a good kicking at the club.

I think we are a good bet for top six, not sure about top two, depends on who stays and who comes in.

If we wait for Evans and use that as an excuse for not signing a decent Striker or two in the summer then automatic promotion can be written off before we sart.

If we are not Top six contenders next season someone will want a good kicking at the club.

I think we are a good bet for top six, not sure about top two, depends on who stays and who comes in.

If we wait for Evans and use that as an excuse for not signing a decent Striker or two in the summer then automatic promotion can be written off before we sart.

With everything being equal so to speak, who would you expect to be in the top 2 if you are not sure about us. Take it that for example Barnsley, Yeovil and Birmingham/Blackpool drop

With everything being equal so to speak, who would you expect to be in the top 2 if you are not sure about us. Take it that for example Barnsley, Yeovil and Birmingham/Blackpool drop

If Birmingham come down then I would put them up there along with Blackpool. If Preston blow the play offs they will be top two challengers as well, (I am hoping that Preston go up as I can see them being next season's Brentford.)

Barnsley will be in and around the top six, Yeovil have reached their peak and are now possibly on the slide back down.

JOEYDEE, you must remember, Hartley Hare is an upholder of what might be called gentrified Blades-speak. He's unusual there's no doubt, but he also maintains a certain decorum in the way he posts on here. Either that or he's a throwback to P.G.Wodehouse

In deed I am old boy. Unusual yes, eccentric definitely. More of a Jeeves type than the dim witted Bertie Wooster.

Gentrified Blades-speak. I like it. Yes, I am going to make that my new signature flash. Thank you dear IIB.

HH

In deed I am old boy. Unusual yes, eccentric definitely. More of a Jeeves type than the dim witted Bertie Wooster.

Gentrified Blades-speak. I like it. Yes, I am going to make that my new signature flash. Thank you dear IIB.

HH

That's all right HH. Not that I feel you need defending, but I think it takes a certain sensibility, possibly even age, to understand that the world was here long before the advent of flat screen TV or Sky Sports.

It's not gentrified Bladespeak, it's just inaccurate! Orient most definitely play in Leyton and not Leytonstone, which is further east. Bit of a tip, but the Red Lion is fairly decent! :)

Thank you SEB for pointing out my geographical and historical slip. I got mixed up with the Eel & Pie shop location, according that is to the late Cockney Bob, my lost friend.

HH

Trouble is, if they surveyed the site's members they'd probably find I'm about as old as it gets.

At least I can recall watching England win the World Cup, think that puts me in a select group (Jurassic supporters?).

Not so sure about that. I think a few on here can remember our last Cup Final win :)

Back
Top Bottom