New striker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've been wrong about two players already this season;
I said Davies was shit...
And that Higdon was our missing link!
Don't know which I were further off the mark with

I,ve said we need Davies in from the start of the season Swiss look back on previous line ups people posted all wanting him dropped

In fairness those early line-ups seemed lop-sided and disjointed in an attempt to fit Davies into the team. Thankfully Clough has found a more practical 11 which still have room for Davies and we're reaping the benefits.

What a player he is though (within his limitations of course). The amount of winners he's scored is incredible.

I'm not too pessimistic about the season. Baxter, Scrougall, Murphy, JCR, Wallace ,Flynn Howard, Doyle and Reid have now all put in excellent performances. Add to that the Collins, Davies and Harris of last season and we've got players that could yet do the business in this league. We still need a striker and a defender.

Imagine a team featuring nine of the above players, Harry back on loan and the Ched of the 2011/12 season

Knowing that we were unlikely to keep certain players from the glorious end to last season (Maguire/Brayford), Davies was always going to be a potential star for us this season. His work rate is better than any other player in the team. There will be games where a few other players star more because of the role NC asks him to do but if you look back at these games you will see BD doing loads of work. The Rotherham game springs to mind from April.

Watching grown men turn to quivering wrecks isn't nice is it? I nearly joined in myself last night mind :)

UTB

I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Particularly the part where i pointed out a "certain poster" was equally as critical of Nick Blackman after 3 games of his blades tenure. Rather than defend himself he went on the defensive and called me "Matt the Twatto"

Oh to quote Joni Mitchell - "You don't know what you got till it's gone"

I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Particularly the part where i pointed out a "certain poster" was equally as critical of Nick Blackman after 3 games of his blades tenure. Rather than defend himself he went on the defensive and called me "Matt the Twatto"

And from this point forward you have your new forum name :)

Out him then....who was it?

:)

Jesus, feller. Did you skip off to bed last night with a stump on because two years ago I slagged Blackman off and he managed to pop in an 84th minute equaliser and you were somehow proven 'right'?

My defence of that (if you'd taken your Ritalin and paid attention) was that he was so fucking good, we sold him and are still in div fucking three. But, y'know ...

I also pointed out the FACT (fact fans) that we have had precious little service from our front line this season so far. Much of the effort has come from midfield. Also Higdon, the vanquishing goal smasher based on his previous season record at Tulip Athletic has so far turned out to be billy bobbins. But you obv know different, based upon your FACTS (fact fans)

Feller, concentrate on important things rather than one-nilling posters and maybe you'll enjoy life a bit more, eh?

Now, run along ...

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom