New Signings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

idleurchin

International Arm Stealer
Reaction score
I fully understand the clamor for new players following our massively inconsistent season so far but surely we have a first XI available that is able to see us challenge for promotion from the players we already have.

Why have so many of our recent managers managed to consistently fail to get the best out of the players they have. Even when Clough and Wilson had time to buy their own players we still failed to be consistently good.

Maybe it's time for a head coach and a more modern scouting/transfer policy because the managers we pick seem to be average at best at building a successful balanced team.

I fully understand the clamor for new players following our massively inconsistent season so far but surely we have a first XI available that is able to see us challenge for promotion from the players we already have.

No, we haven't. The teams above us have better players in most positions.

Why have so many of our recent managers managed to consistently fail to get the best out of the players they have. Even when Clough and Wilson had time to buy their own players we still failed to be consistently good.

Maybe it's time for a head coach and a more modern scouting/transfer policy because the managers we pick seem to be average at best at building a successful balanced team.

" but surely we have a first XI available that is able to see us challenge for promotion from the players we already have" .....

No ! We really do not ....... as evidenced from the last 5 years and counting .....

UTB & FTP

Seems to be becoming clear to everyone now that it's not the individual managers' failings or faults that have held us back post-Warnock (or, rather, post-Nobson). It's structural problems within the club, emanating from owner(s) & board.

Problem is: who's going to implement this more modern scouting/transfer policy (along with the modern strategy more generally needed)?

We need an expert at board level, who'd necessarily need to be headhunted. Then his strategy would need to be financed & committed to. It's just not going to happen.

We've been down the road of putting all responsibility in the manager's hands, with Clough. We're now in limbo, with the only "strategy" seemingly being: fingers crossed & Blame Clough for Everything.

If we had a decent squad of players then we wouldnt be 10th in league 1 and still here after 5 years.

Adkins record in L1 is also one of the best. Hardley average.

If we had a decent squad of players then we wouldnt be 10th in league 1 and still here after 5 years.

Adkins record in L1 is also one of the best. Hardley average.

He's average when it comes to utd.

Personal abuse is against Forum rules, infraction given.
half term?

What are you asking me thundercunt?

Are you (hilariously) suggesting I'm a child because I called you a thundercunt?

I actually called you a thundercunt on account of your highly thundercuntish attitude.

Silly thundercunt.

" but surely we have a first XI available that is able to see us challenge for promotion from the players we already have" .....

No ! We really do not ....... as evidenced from the last 5 years and counting .....

UTB & FTP

Could be said that that's evidence that our managers have been shite rather than the players.

Other managers seem to be able to over achieve with smaller budgets and less pulling power.

Back
Top Bottom