New Premiership Money

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

elgoog44

Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-clubs-to-share-8.3-billion-TV-windfall.html

Although a little late off the blocks, this is an honest question in terms of how it might effect us in the 3rd Division or League one as we know it today?

with Larger funds now dished out as part of the TV rights to Premiership teams, will this effect any thing with in the lower divisions and directly effect the blades in anyway?

It seems that even smaller premiership teams now have surplus cash to splash, which could see prices for Players at silly levels, and salary expectations harder for the lower leagues to meet, when Jordan Slew left he knew he would be sitting on the bench but warming a bench for a far bigger salary than we could have given, could we see more of this as Premiership teams buy up youth, looking for that diamond in the rough?

Fuck all to do with us for the next 10 years or so by which time the TV bubble will have imploded with all sky's money going to Foxy Boxing.

Tenuous blades link alert.

It was an Honest Question if it really wont effect us, then all the better, the link was with respects to the young talent being hovered up more, by all premiership clubs now they have surplus cash, means they can pay even U21's a higher wage than we could manage, would damage there development, but some will have there heads turned by the money.

It was an Honest Question if it really wont effect us, then all the better, the link was with respects to the young talent being hovered up more, by all premiership clubs now they have surplus cash, means they can pay even U21's a higher wage than we could manage, would damage there development, but some will have there heads turned by the money.
They can already afford it and are already doing it. Have you seen the size of big clubs' academies. The EPPP had a greater effect than the extra money will.

And this is why they're trying to get their u-21s into the Football League. They're trying to take support away from lower league clubs. Their ideal is that everyone in the country supports a PL club and those that can't afford to go to the first team games or can't get tickets goes and watches the 'B Team'.

What you find with big businesses and rich people is that they have no concept of 'enough'. They always want more.

95% of academy players in the UK never play for the 1st team. The money will burst but in years to come those 95% will wish they put the game they love over the money they get now.

I could not agree more, with both you and BushBlade, I just wonder if now it will almost strangle teams with Good academy's like ours, we seem to be getting less value for it Year by Year and the talent that comes through is no sooner in the first team then out the door, the whole Premiershit mentality pisses me off.

95% of academy players in the UK never play for the 1st team. The money will burst but in years to come those 95% will wish they put the game they love over the money they get now.
I've heard from several different sources (media, not ITK) that there are quite a few players at the academies who are earning in excess of £10k per week and have yet to play for the first team. It's staggering.

I could not agree more, with both you and BushBlade, I just wonder if now it will almost strangle teams with Good academy's like ours, we seem to be getting less value for it Year by Year and the talent that comes through is no sooner in the first team then out the door, the whole Premiershit mentality pisses me off.
Providing every couple of years we can produce one that goes for daft money there's an economic case for it. What's worrying is that we're not producing anyone who even looks like they could be a PL player. Or even a L1 player.
I think the next tranche could be vital. If we don't get one from Ramsdale, Semple etc people are going to say there is no benefit to the club. (Some are already).

I've heard from several different sources (media, not ITK) that there are quite a few players at the academies who are earning in excess of £10k per week and have yet to play for the first team. It's staggering.

Jordan Slew sold is soul for a move to Blackburn when he needed games. He made some money but if he fails at Plymouth that's it for him. What does he do then? The majority people on here will have a better life from 30 onwards than this guy will have

was not Kyle Bartley pretty much on that when we loaned him from Arsenal, then has he was so pampered did not want to be in a relegation battle, so did the off to rangers.

If they have so much so soon they seem to lose all perspective, Like you said when the bubble burst, they will wish they chose football over money, I imagine Slew feels a little like that already as he continues the down ward trajectory.

Jordan Slew sold is soul for a move to Blackburn when he needed games. He made some money but if he fails at Plymouth that's it for him. What does he do then? The majority people on here will have a better life from 30 onwards than this guy will have

we just crossed on posts but he is the perfect example, his life as a footballer will be more synonymous with doing 156 mph, than with football which is sad, seeing as he could have developed in to a wonderful player!

Yes, while most kids are going to Uni, doing an apprenticeship etc he's been trying to learn football. It's going to be a huge shock when he finds out what most people outside football earn, especially those with no qualifications or experience.

was not Kyle Bartley pretty much on that when we loaned him from Arsenal, then has he was so pampered did not want to be in a relegation battle, so did the off to rangers.

If they have so much so soon they seem to lose all perspective, Like you said when the bubble burst, they will wish they chose football over money, I imagine Slew feels a little like that already as he continues the down ward trajectory.
He may have been, not sure.

Providing every couple of years we can produce one that goes for daft money there's an economic case for it. What's worrying is that we're not producing anyone who even looks like they could be a PL player. Or even a L1 player.
I think the next tranche could be vital. If we don't get one from Ramsdale, Semple etc people are going to say there is no benefit to the club. (Some are already).

Agreed, that would be the biggest shame and this big money in the Prem will surely not help as they nick the young ones that look decent and we get next to nothing in compo!

He may have been, not sure.

I live and work around London, and have mates who are arsenal and spud fans, they do see the big deal about there youth being on 10K a week, even if they fail to make an impact, I guess when a team can do as it like's they pretty much do.

Anything that increases the gap DOES indirectly effect us.

Take Che Adams, has a lot of potential but he's not progressed as expected and could end being just an ordinary player.

Currently he's average but has the potential to be a PL standard player.

Any PL club could offer us 5 million and offer him £15K a week for 5 years and I'm sure all parties would be happy.

Of course Che could do a Slew and hardly play 1st team football again but the sad thing is that the player and agent probably wouldn't be too disappointed. All they'd think about is £15K a week x 52weeks x 5 years = an income of a shade under £4 million.

Youngsters having money too soon seems to lessen the desire and ambition because they are made for life no matter what.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-clubs-to-share-8.3-billion-TV-windfall.html

Although a little late off the blocks, this is an honest question in terms of how it might effect us in the 3rd Division or League one as we know it today?

with Larger funds now dished out as part of the TV rights to Premiership teams, will this effect any thing with in the lower divisions and directly effect the blades in anyway?

It seems that even smaller premiership teams now have surplus cash to splash, which could see prices for Players at silly levels, and salary expectations harder for the lower leagues to meet, when Jordan Slew left he knew he would be sitting on the bench but warming a bench for a far bigger salary than we could have given, could we see more of this as Premiership teams buy up youth, looking for that diamond in the rough?

Its in premier league rules that all Premier League clubs must be greedy avaricious bastards not willing to part with any of their ill gotten gains
Its the Ebeneezer Scudamore rule

Back
Top Bottom