New pitch week 2 video

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It is like building a house. The foundation work seem to take ages and then when the first brick is laid, the building of the house then gets quicker!

Just looks like they've covered a third of the pitch in sand?
Wouldn't pass that as progress personally. I could have just thrown buckets of sand on the pitch in couple of hours. They should of asked, would of saved 6 days work.:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
No I don't know why you laughed at that comment either........ :D
It just seems very pointless of them to dig the soil up, re-lay it again, then put sand on top. But i'm sure we are way off the mark and don't have a clue what they're doing or why.

It's all a matter of sub layers then the DESSO pitch follows follow.

It just seems very pointless of them to dig the soil up, re-lay it again, then put sand on top. But i'm sure we are way off the mark and don't have a clue what they're doing or why.
That probably isn't what they've done, but from watching the last 2 weeks videos, it definitely looks like that.

It's more than just shifting mud and sand... Some other fairly impressive work too which i'm sure they'll explain in good time :)

Can't see the point in it now as it seems that Nige is looking to get some thugs in to help us get out of this division Pinchy ain't gonna like it one bit.

It'll only serve as a platform for those teams that come to Bramall Lane for their ' cup final' to play some neat tappy football and mesmerise our cloggers with some dazzling skills and incisive forward play.

What's that? That's what we were looking to do last season? Really? You could have fooled me (but you didn't).

Seems like they've dug it up, relaid the soil, and then put sand on top of that?

There hasn't been enough time to do all that IMO.

No doubt all will become clear as time goes on.

Who'd have believed that watching grass grow would be more exciting than watching paint dry?

:D

Reading this thread reminds me of the summer of 96 when they started building the John Street stand. I walked past 2 blokes stood on John Street, looking at the first couple of girders that had just gone up. One said to the other "I don't reckon much to it"

The wendies have already started taking bookings for hire of the pitch," Peppa pig on ice."

Notice them painting the yellow steps white on John Street. Started last week but seems they had a week off this.

Back
Top Bottom