New Corners Tactic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

• Banned
Probably be better to just let the other team have a goal kick and forget us having the corner.

Originally, I was going to suggest just kicking it out for a throw in and then trying to catch them on the counter.

There's a lot to be said for this team playing more short corners (never thought I'd say that).

I'd also ask the taker to risk a difficult delivery (maximum pace and dip), and accept the cost of a few balls vanishing into touch.

Nowt to lose is there?

At the very least, since they are all inevitably cleared, we want a player at the point in the pitch that corner balls are statistically cleared to a la Sam Alladyce, Premiership glory days of Bolton.

In terms of conceding from set-pieces, the summary removal of Collins remains a bit of question mark.

The problem at both ends from set pieces is height. we can;t score from corners and we can't defend the. Most teams have 6 or more 6ft plus players. We could have two huge CBs but that still doesn't take care of the other players.

At the very least, since they are all inevitably cleared, we want a player at the point in the pitch that corner balls are statistically cleared to a la Sam Alladyce, Premiership glory days of Bolton.

In terms of conceding from set-pieces, the summary removal of Collins remains a bit of question mark.

He still doesn't have a club does he? That's a real question mark for me. Something must be up for him not to find a temporary loan.

There's a lot to be said for this team playing more short corners (never thought I'd say that).

I'd also ask the taker to risk a difficult delivery (maximum pace and dip), and accept the cost of a few balls vanishing into touch.

Nowt to lose is there?

Or Basham in the box, high lofted corner and then 8 players surrounding the box, all ready to attack the clearing header.

Back
Top Bottom