CONFIRMED Neill Collins joins Port Vale on Loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Shame there was no way back for him even with our defensive problems.

Surely we will sign a strong, dominant Centre-Back on loan before the window closes now?
McCeveley was struggling with his form even before he sustained a troublesome shoulder injury.
Kennedy can't play Saturday/Tuesday every week according to Clough and there is always a chance his knee inury will recur.
Basham and Brayford have done well together recently but could they really withstand an aerial bombardment from say Preston in the Play-Offs?

Signing a new centre-back would allow either Brayford to move to right back or Basham to add his height and strength to our midfield.
Potentially also allowing Freeman to play left back and give Harris a breather too.
Could be the final piece in the jigsaw before the final play-off push and I think we'll regret it if we don't strengthen in this area.

His contract isn't up this summer. He's triggered a clause and its summer of 2016 he'll be out of contract
Are you sure ?

If it is 2 years plus a 12 month extension from the date of this article it would suggest November 2015 his contract is up (in real terns this summer)

Also ,if you are right, we might have the option rather than the player

This Sheffield Star article also says 2015

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...-boss-persuaded-him-to-agree-a-deal-1-5116426

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20271778

Last edited:
There is not a better full back in league 1 than Brayford he's a genuine Championship player.

What I've seen of him at CB partnering Basham has been a revelation.
Freeman fills in nicely at right back Harris is more than adequate on the left.
Please for the run in I hope he isn't tempted to put Mcevely back in just keep things as they are.

No one knows anything, so the default position for some is to side with the player rather than the club.

Weird.

I'd love to know what went off.

As for the current squad I think Brayford and Basham has been superb at the back so far but as others have alluded to it might not be a partnership for all seasons.

There is not a better full back in league 1 than Brayford he's a genuine Championship player.

What I've seen of him at CB partnering Basham has been a revelation.
Freeman fills in nicely at right back Harris is more than adequate on the left.
Please for the run in I hope he isn't tempted to put Mcevely back in just keep things as they are.

Nah. Get Higdon in at CB. Just for shits and giggles.

pommpey

That is it, the final straw I've had enough of Clough.
Collins should not be loaned out for the rest of the season he should be in the first team. He has been a really solid defender for us in this league. There is no logic in loaning him out when we are weak in central defense.

That is it, the final straw I've had enough of Clough.
Collins should not be loaned out for the rest of the season he should be in the first team. He has been a really solid defender for us in this league. There is no logic in loaning him out when we are weak in central defense.

He was never going to play regardless of any issues we have at centre half.

He had been solid the last two seasons, but he started this year terribly and something obviously kicked off after two particularly disastrous individual performances at Swindon and Chesterfield.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Good luck Neill.

Buzzzzzzzzzz now running S24SU Post generator
Buzzzzzzzzzzzz
Player leaves club - PASS
Player not played recently - PASS
Has italian sounding name - FAIL
Played very poorly earlier in the season - PASS
Rumours about unrest not confirmed - PASS
Player himself gave interview and said no problems - PASS
Greasy chip butty ringtone request - FAIL
Ignore previous results where the player has not played - PASS
Include other players in same position not playing and left the club - PASS
Blame the player - FAIL
Blame the manager - PASS
Overeaction level requested - NUCLEAR
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

generating......
please wait.......
please wait.......
please wait......

*DING*

OMFG How could we let collins leave the club?! That's it, I am done with Nigel, he has been the best CB we have ever had at the club, we will never win a game or keep a clean sheet without him, ITS ALL NIGELS FAULT, PROMOTION IS DOOMED, I heard nigel smacked him on the arse, called him a ginger t**t and told him to pack his bags cos he had pink underwear on*. I am done, handing my season ticket back, getting a refund, the new shirt is shit and would not have happened if we kept collins at the club, we never lost a match when he was here.

*allegedy

Didn't the post say he is out on loan, and if his contract is up in 2016 he will no doubt be back, with games under his belt, I'm sure NC knows what he is doing . I guess I'm going to find out in a little while.

Where is this supposed massive over-reaction that people are getting so worked up about?

Is it being posted solely by posters I have on ignore, maybe?

In this thread I've seen things along the lines of 'shame it couldn't work out', 'we're a bit short at centre back' and the like. Nothing remotely approaching the oh-so-hilarious sarcastic responses.

Where is this supposed massive over-reaction that people are getting so worked up about?

Is it being posted solely by posters I have on ignore, maybe?

In this thread I've seen things along the lines of 'shame it couldn't work out', 'we're a bit short at centre back' and the like. Nothing remotely approaching the oh-so-hilarious sarcastic responses.

They aren't there, but it fits the narrative. The Club have done it so it's a Good Thing and anyone who says otherwise is evil.

Back
Top Bottom