Name these Blades...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JJ Sefton

Live, Laugh, Love
Reaction score
14595563_10154016438640950_2261189805643656037_n.jpg

Answers here.

Struggling to recognise anyone except Micky Speight (on the keepers left)
Definitely at the Lane, but that badge on the shirts doesn't look reyt.
Also, when did we play in grey and white stripes?

Just clicked your link...I should have got Cammack. Did any of the others make it?

Recognised David Staniforth front row, 4th in. Tom Mc and Mick Speight back row... and about 3 players who look like Steve Goulding but all can`t be him unless he was a volunteer in an early cloning experiment

Front row third from the right (next to Staniforth) I'd say Ian Holmes. Back row second from left (next to Speight) I'd guess at Steve Faulkner.

Probably photo was taken in 1970

Back row; ??, Ken Hallam, Mick Speight, Tom McAlister, Steve Cammack, Alan Ogden, Peter Ward, Jimmy House?
Front row; Dave Coxon, ??, Steve Goulding, Dave Staniforth, Ian Holmes, ??, ? Shaw

LSF will fill in the blanks

Back row; ??, Ken Hallam, Mick Speight, Tom McAlister, Steve Cammack, Alan Ogden, Peter Ward, Jimmy House?
Front row; Dave Coxon, ??, Steve Goulding, Dave Staniforth, Ian Holmes, ??, ? Shaw

I was thinking Alan Ogden was front row first left.

I was thinking Alan Ogden was front row first left.
Deffo Dave Coxon. There was a story about him in the back page of a newspaper when he signed for us. When he was a young boy he was using crutches for a long time (cant remember why) and he then got better and then signed professional form for us

Just clicked your link...I should have got Cammack. Did any of the others make it?
Just clicked it on too as I hadn't noticed it earlier!

McAlister, Goulding (RIP), Ogden (RIP), Speight, Cammack and Holmes made it to the first team. Staniforth had already played in the first team and scored twice against Blackburn in April 1969. Williams played in County Cup and pre season matches

Stefan Kania between Coxon & Goulding. Confirm Jimmy House. David Shaw. Nigel Williams between Holmes and Shaw. Lad back left escapes me though face real familiar.

Fucking Hell Walthy, what's the idea of posting a link that has a surprise picture of Jimmy Sirrel near the end?????
Scared the living daylights out of me (wet the bed for two years on the strength of his programme picture back in the day).

Apologies, NSFW

Stefan Kania between Coxon & Goulding. Confirm Jimmy House. David Shaw. Nigel Williams between Holmes and Shaw. Lad back left escapes me though face real familiar.
Oops! Just spotted link... Jim McGarvey eh! Remember him now, looked good when we fetched him down from Scotland but never maintained early promise and was released.

Back
Top Bottom