Motivation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Ignore Clough's formation, tactics and constant changing of personnel.

Motivation

We've seen how much effort, determination and fight the players can put in against Premiership teams.

And then we see how much effort, determination and fight they put in weekly in league games.

Does Clough need to look at his motivational tactics? If we put as much effort, fight and determination into every league game as we did on Tuesday then we'd win just about every game. You would think that Morgan would put the fear into them, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It does make you wonder if motivation is an issue; if you look at the touchline in a game, Clough is going crazy at the players urging them on. If playing the sport they supposedly love in front of a good crowd in a stadium like the Lane cannot motivate them, what on earth can?

It does make you wonder if motivation is an issue; if you look at the touchline in a game, Clough is going crazy at the players urging them on. If playing the sport they supposedly love in front of a good crowd in a stadium like the Lane cannot motivate them, what on earth can?

Its not motivation thats the problem or issue . Mr Clough goes crazy on the touchline because the players do not follow instructions and are making stupid mistakes . We do require a leader on the field to organise and discipline the players so they are concentrating on the game for 90 minutes . This is becoming more obvious every game . Hopefully this will be sorted in January , as our midfielders are all much of a muchness.

This cannot be done from the touchline , players have to use there brains . Football is not just about kicking the ball.

UTB

Difficult for the players to go out positive and motivated when we employ the same tactics each week that by now, even the fuckin tea lady knows won't break a team down..."same as last week lads" ... What a waste of a season this is turning out to be ..

trying to stay positive we have January coming up to maybe bring in some quality and it doesn't matter if you finish 3rd 1point behind 2nd and 1st with 1000+ goal difference on them your still in the same position as the other 3 teams in their with you. Should we be going for automatic yes absolutely but unless we go on a run and all others around us start crumbling we are not going to do it.

Difficult for the players to go out positive and motivated when we employ the same tactics each week that by now, even the fuckin tea lady knows won't break a team down..."same as last week lads" ... What a waste of a season this is turning out to be ..
That is simply not true though is it.

trying to stay positive we have January coming up to maybe bring in some quality and it doesn't matter if you finish 3rd 1point behind 2nd and 1st with 1000+ goal difference on them your still in the same position as the other 3 teams in their with you. Should we be going for automatic yes absolutely but unless we go on a run and all others around us start crumbling we are not going to do it.

Other teams will have injuries , suspensions , loss of form , fans getting restless . We are now entering the critical business end , second part of the season , and sorting out a midfield leader in the January window is a priority , and will resolve a lot of issues .

Some of the teams above us will fall away . We just have to bring in quality and start being professional and ruthless , to win games even when not playing well.

If Mr Clough knows the players he is targeting , it is up to the board to sanction big money for big game players . If not we could quite easily miss the boat .

A good run in the cup is all well and good , but even if we won it ( which is a long shot) , it would not compensate for not being promoted.

Expectations are high for the club and supporters . If players are not up to it , then get rid and replace them . This will cost money , but not achieving promotion will cost more.

UTB

We are starting to suffer with injuries ,we have extra games with the cup ,so hopefully the others will too and we have more strength in depth ,plus hopefully a couple of quality new faces. What has happened to Oldham, have they lost some ,they are easily the best team we have played. How the flip did Southampton trounce Everton 3-0 ? Its a funny old game.

If we chased down everything like we did on Tuesday the goals would come.

I also don't understand that if he wants to play 2 upfront why he won't do so without McNulty being fully fit. It's insane.

We are starting to suffer with injuries ,we have extra games with the cup ,so hopefully the others will too and we have more strength in depth ,plus hopefully a couple of quality new faces. What has happened to Oldham, have they lost some ,they are easily the best team we have played. How the flip did Southampton trounce Everton 3-0 ? Its a funny old game.
Oldham, paddy kenny in goal. Lost 7-0 at MKD.

Kenny couldn't do owt with 6 of them ,their number 5 Elokobi looked Nosworthyishly bad. Hes only missed one game ,against us, typical.

Oldham were being touted by some as world beaters after we played them. The truth is they're just another average League One team. Our standards have to be higher if we want automatic promotion.

We can't keep making excuses about other teams being better than they are or about being unlucky. When you get one or two tight losses or draws that's unlucky. When you have 5 in a row that's a sign that you're not strong enough.

4 points from the 15 available is dire form. I'm impressed we're still fifth after a run like that.

Oldham, paddy kenny in goal. Lost 7-0 at MKD.
Oldham were being touted by some as world beaters after we played them. The truth is they're just another average League One team. Our standards have to be higher if we want automatic promotion.

We can't keep making excuses about other teams being better than they are or about being unlucky. When you get one or two tight losses or draws that's unlucky. When you have 5 in a row that's a sign that you're not strong enough.

4 points from the 15 available is dire form. I'm impressed we're still fifth after a run like that.

MKD seven lucky goals. Those above us, no where near as good as we are, lucky bastards, thats all Oh Shit we are so unlucky. Why can't we play against premier league teams. every week OR pretend they are and give them the same as we gave the Saints? Surely we should be better against clubs with far fewer resources. Or do we think that we are Billy BIG bollocks. Draws at home are totally unacceptable. I mean one, and not five or whatever. Arses should be kicked.
SO FOR THOSE HOLDING THEMSELVES BACK No league effort equals no cup place IMO. Get hold of it Nige. You appear to be happy with a cup run. Good on the CV eh League League and promotion is really all that matters to me, a true Blade.

Last edited:
Best way to close out a game would be to start scoring more than one goal a game.
No, best way would be to protect the lead and not give away a free header straight after we scored.

Second, would be to score another

A rocket up their arse!

Once Wallace is back, all will be OK.

Once Wallace is back, all will be OK.

I hope that's sarcastic?

He's been carrying an iunjury since pre-season and not played a game since 15th November. I honestly don't believe that he will be fit enough to have very much impact at all, I'd be surprised if he plays more than 10 games or so from January tbh.

Shame really as I think he has shown signs of being a quality midfielder and IMO was going to be a key player for Clough, but that leads us on to the argument of sticking all your eggs in one basket and that basket being a crock.

The midfield IMO is the most important position for Clough to sort in JTW, we need someone who can set our tempo and get us moving. No I don't have any suggestions but then again, I'm not Simon Clough.

"Once" is the keyword. He's the missing jigsaw piece in our midfield. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later that he returns to fitness.

Back
Top Bottom