Most excrutiating journey to an away game.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

seanbeenstattoo

Piss down the back of their legs. Precious.
Reaction score
Mine was to the Burnley PO final. Coach pick up around 5 AM at some pub in Pitsmoor. Coach departed with me,2 mates and 48 complete and utter fucktards. Not got to parkway before they were hammered and wanting to stick flags in every window. Couldn`t understand why I wouldn`t allow it over mine as I actually wanted to look out of it. Fast forward to Watford Gap and the driver told folk to stop waving cans around as the police would turn us back. Escaped unscathed and reached Wembley. Then kept driving,and driving,and driving. Driver clrearly as fuckwitted as 48 fuckwits behind him. Managed to get in a traffic jam returning to Wembley having spent over an hour randomly driving around only to bring us on the approach back to the Burnley end of the stadium. Having originally got there at 11.00 am its now 13.00 and every road is rammed as were all the pubs on our route,by Clarets. We are at red light after red light and the 48 utter walking abortions think it would be a fine jape to give rods and all manner of insults to the hundreds of Buenley fans outside each pub as we ceawl by.
Bottles,cans and a general movement to take our coach reminds me of away days back in the 70`s and 80`s.
Lights change and issues are avoided. We arrive back at Wembley about 30 mins before ko totally fucked off and totally knowing we would go home fucked off.
We weren`t wrong.

We had a great journey - there and back. Managed to buy some really cheap first class train tickets and left in plenty of time to get there and visit a number of good boozers so we could get onboard the correct number of pre match beers..........shit match spoilt the day...........then off to the West End for more beers and summat to eat and then a comfy ride back to Sheffield on the last train back.

The trip to Wembley for the Huddersfield game wasn't so good though........fucking crash on the M1 near Luton stuffed us for time but we still got there a couple of hours before KO for some beers.

Yours sounds like a living hell though.......

Coming back from that game on the shared supporter train, worst 6 hours of my life, yes, the train stopped every half hour for the "real trains" to go past, 6 hours of gloating pigs...

does the journey back count?

early 1980s, York away, missed last train to Donny had to bed down on a bench under the signal box that was half way up the stairs to the footbridge across the tracks. Terrible night only highlight being that the chocolate dispensing machine was giving me 5p pieces for nought.

same era don't know where I was coming back from but I was at a freezing cold, snowy Crewe station waiting for the mail train to Liverpool at about 2 in the morning.

(I feel Greenwich may be able to top any such tales......?)

Fulham away in Prem. Coach driver went wrong way and we ended up getting stuck in taffic in London on a one way system. Only just made the game in time. Huddersfield in PO. Don't even get me started.

Pigs away... during the ash cloud, back in 2010 (i think)... All flights cancelled and never made it back (from Switzerland) despite trying all forms of transport

Remember the M1 being closed for the Huddersfield play-off final and loads of rumours going round that some Blades had died in a crash.. Only been to Norwich twice (89 and 91) but that journey is interminable.

Remember the M1 being closed for the Huddersfield play-off final and loads of rumours going round that some Blades had died in a crash.. Only been to Norwich twice (89 and 91) but that journey is interminable.
Coincidentally wasn't there a blades fatality in an accident coming back from Norwich years ago?

Remember the opening game of the season at Norwich in the early 90's. Hired a crew bus that was the most uncomfortable transport ever had to endure. Set off in plenty of time but got held up by the thousands of caravanners (being August). They are a nightmare to overtake so we missed all beer time and arrived and parked up at 2.55pm. After walking around the entire ground to the away end we got to the turnstile just as Deano put us 1 up in the 3rd minute. Finished 2-2 after being 2 up. Return home? Port Vale, Boxing Day 2014. 9 hours through the snow. Enough said.

Mine was to the Burnley PO final. Coach pick up around 5 AM at some pub in Pitsmoor. Coach departed with me,2 mates and 48 complete and utter fucktards. Not got to parkway before they were hammered and wanting to stick flags in every window. Couldn`t understand why I wouldn`t allow it over mine as I actually wanted to look out of it. Fast forward to Watford Gap and the driver told folk to stop waving cans around as the police would turn us back. Escaped unscathed and reached Wembley. Then kept driving,and driving,and driving. Driver clrearly as fuckwitted as 48 fuckwits behind him. Managed to get in a traffic jam returning to Wembley having spent over an hour randomly driving around only to bring us on the approach back to the Burnley end of the stadium. Having originally got there at 11.00 am its now 13.00 and every road is rammed as were all the pubs on our route,by Clarets. We are at red light after red light and the 48 utter walking abortions think it would be a fine jape to give rods and all manner of insults to the hundreds of Buenley fans outside each pub as we ceawl by.
Bottles,cans and a general movement to take our coach reminds me of away days back in the 70`s and 80`s.
Lights change and issues are avoided. We arrive back at Wembley about 30 mins before ko totally fucked off and totally knowing we would go home fucked off.
We weren`t wrong.

Ah. The Pisspoor Pitsmoor fucktards SBT. Different class aren't they? Even more interesting when they start scrapping amongst themselves in full and open view of the constabulary. Makes you wonder if they are half related to Mick the Pitsmoor Pig. Still ABAW (ugh)

Wolves play/off final, cramped in the back middle seat all the way there and then that performance.

Cardiff play off.....8 hours back to east coast.

Also Barnsley away, night match, mid winter that I think was a cup match. Some twat broke into the car smashing a window. Meant a 90 minute journey home me and brothers freezing our tits off in the back of me dads sierra.

Apologies to anyone who has seen me post this before on a few occasions:

Grimsby Town away Feb 2002:

Our van skidded on ice and hit a roundabout, knackering the front end.

We eventually got to Cleethorpes and decided to have a kickabout on the beach. Then a patient at a nearby residential home came and joined us, he was mad as a box of frogs and shouted racist jokes at the top of his voice whilst we tried to make it look like he wasn't with us. He then fell over and had an asthma attack so we had to call an ambulance.

Got inside the ground, which was fucking freezing so I got a Bovril to warm up.I was sat supping my drink and reading the programme just before kick off when Paul Peschisolido's stray practice shot whacked my hand, which dislocated my middle finger and also caused me to spill red hot Bovril on my bollocks.
I had to snap my finger back into place, in the freezing cold, whilst already in agony from the scalded scrotum situation.

We dominated the game but ended up losing 1-0, and at the end of the match there were scuffles in the away end between pro and anti Warnock fans.

Hung around in Cleethorpes for a bit, bought some chips, dropped them two minutes later when I slipped and fell on my arse.

Then three lads in our group started scrapping outside the arcade with some locals and the coppers told us to fuck off home. Which I thought was an excellent idea.

Portsmouth away first match of a new season. Went by football supporters train (do they still do them?). Got there about half past 3 and we were frog marched into the ground. Saw about 10 minutes of the first half. We got thrashed (can't remember the final score but I think it was at least 4 goals to them). I remember Alan Biley having a field day.

Then we got frog marched back to the station. No seats on the train back so stood up for 4 and a half hours to Sheffield.

Never been on the supporters footy special train since!

If journey backs counted, then it would definitely be the 7 and a half hour trip back from Port Vale the other Boxing Day.

Ah yes Port Vale Boxing Day.
Got 3/4 of the way over the woodhead pass before having to turn around cos of abandoned vehicles blocking the way.
Then Got half way over the M62 before grinding to a halt for a couple of hours.
Finally got into Huddersfield to find my car decided to slide uncontrollably on a sheet of ice and snow. One controlled crash into a curb later, we abandoned it and walked. And walked and walked. An exhausting 2 hours through deep snow drifts.
Finally got home at 2.30am. Poor game too if memory serves.

Burnley away fa cup reply on the cup run we lost to the vermin in the semis..........roadworks and a breakdown basically meant it took most blades 5/6 hrs ............the stewards put us on the burnley stand with 10 minutes remaining which ended with fun and games.
A brian deane hat trick eased us through although i missed all six goals.
UTB

There's been loads of shite away day journeys but my best one was when we played Burnley in the playoff final at Wembley. I got picked up about 5am from a boozer at Pitsmoor with 47 of my mates and there were these 3 other lads who got on who wouldn't even let one of my lads put a flag in their window, reyt boring twats they were. Anyway, we were bolloxed by the time we got to the parkway so we wouldn't remember the result after the game, the traffic jams didn't even bother us either because we just had more ale and waved more cans about, we all had a feyt with each other as well just to top a reyt away journey off. :D

Turning up at Peterborough when it was 5 degrees and sunshine, only to find out the game had been cancelled because of a frozen pitch.

Or any journey through Glossop/Mottram that takes 3 hours more than it should do.

Burnley away fa cup reply on the cup run we lost to the vermin in the semis..........roadworks and a breakdown basically meant it took most blades 5/6 hrs ............the stewards put us on the burnley stand with 10 minutes remaining which ended with fun and games.
A brian deane hat trick eased us through although i missed all six goals.
UTB
speedymcgeady was supposed to give me a lift to that match. I told him to pick me up outside Perfect Pizza near his home. Instead of picking me up at Halifax Road he thought I had meant Glossop Road so he went there waiting for me while I was waiting for him at Halifax Road! Never got to the match!

Norwich. Famous for mustard. Long story.

Bristol City many years ago. The one with battles between fans in the nearby park.
Scorching hot day and the coach broke down on the way home just outside Bristol. Ended up stranded at Micheal Wood services for hours, someone buying a ball from the shop and half of us ended up playing a game of football in the car park. Areplacement coach was sent and arrived back in Sheffield about 2 AM.

Back
Top Bottom