Moronic Fans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
Booing the players when they are winning and keeping the ball in the corner,

what utter pricks, no wonder less than half the team went up to the Kop and applauded the fans at full time if
I had been Murphy and Davies (the latter having had his best game for the club) I would have felt more like giving the kop the finger than a round of applause, god knows what some of the new signings made of it.

Booing the players when they are winning and keeping the ball in the corner,

what utter pricks, no wonder less than half the team went up to the Kop and applauded the fans at full time if
I had been Murphy and Davies (the latter having had his best game for the club) I would have felt more like giving the kop the finger than a round of applause, god knows what some of the new signings made of it.
I'd guess about 200 of the 8,000 sat there were booing though?

UTB

personally wish these sorts would fuck off back to hillsborough

anyone whod boo when we win is 100% a pig fan as only they do that

I saw man utd playing in the corners v a non leasue side in the cup aT old trafford
if its good enough for them

That wasn't nearly as bad as people booing at half time. I'm nearly certain we're going to have a much better away record this year. Not so much due to less support more the angry, tense atmosphere some create when it's not all going our way. Some fans reactions are ridiculous, even moaning at good play.

NO

Don't you realise we should be winning every game 75 - 0 at home at this level, Sack the lot of em!

Winning two games on the trot against teams who had won their first two games and keeping our first clean sheet is irrelevant.

I didn't boo...but I could understand the frustration at HT after another very poor 45 mins. Second half was better. Personally I didn't like the time wasting with 5 mins to go when were were in a good position to go for a 2nd - although it was more understandable when we did it in added time. I do think Clough's approach is worryingly negative though. Having said that we won - and winning is always the most important thing for me.

Trying to hold it in the corner with 4 minutes left on the clock (plus what was inevitably going to be 4 minutes of injury time) is a bit daft though. For one thing, if the ball is held up for more than 20 seconds the ref will blow up for a spurious free kick though because that's what they always do. Of course after that we tried to play a bit again and opened them up - Davies really should have scored and that really would have been that.

The Harris one is different, he absolutely made the right decision in not crossing the ball in injury time. There were few options in the box as obviously we were being cautious at that stage so taking time off the clock was the best option.

I don't understand why the name of the opposition should dictate how professional we are in a game. We are in the third division because we are shit. The teams in the same league as us are there on merit. It doesn't matter if they are called Barnstoneworth United or Manchester United.

If anyone on this board boo'd when we were protecting a precious 1-0 win then I suggest you stop going to football, we and more importantly the players don't want it, simple as that you bunch of idiots. Ok, its not pretty but we're not barca, real Madrid or even a fookin man u, we are a 3rd (4th season veterans) division team, support us or fook off. I'm happy with 3 points, not sure how many more points you expected today?? I honestly despair at times.

I must admit I did wonder if we were playing Man City in a tense cup game. Not Crawley TOWN!!!

What a stupid thing to say and sums up how thick our fans are.

It's completely irrelevant who you are playing - if you have a 1-0 lead with 5 minutes to spare of course you are going to try to preserve the lead - whether its Crawley Town, Charlton Atheltic, Man City or Barca. At 1-0 with minutes to go, the team behind will be all out attack and do anything to get an equalizer - the moment the leading team over commit bodies forward they are always at the risk of being hit on the counter...

...I'm pretty sure you, and the fans that were booing would have been livid had we conceded a last minute equalizer.

Now you can debate whether trying to keep possession vs. going in the corner is the best method, but I'm happy for us to do anything possible to see out and win a game. If we have to win every game 1-0 this season and scrap to the last minute I don't care - just get us out of this bloody league.

There will be games when we win 2-0 / 3-0 and games where we have to win 1-0 and play it out ugly for the final few minutes - that's football and that's what you call good decision making if it wins you the game.

The naivety of our fans baffles me at times.

Everton fans just booed after they were held to a 2-2 draw at home to Arsenal. I'm sure there were boos at games all over the country.

Some football fans boo when they get frustrated. So what? A complete over-reaction on here to a few boos at the Lane. I didn't boo but it didn't bother me. I'd prefer to focus on the fact that we got an excellent 18k crowd, despite a poor start to the season and Crawley only bringing around 200.

I didnt boo but it was a bit pathetic keeping the ball in the corner with 8 mins left
Im pretty sure we conceded doing the same stupid thing last season
We won 1-0 but it was pretty average apart from Jose's wonder strike
Nigel has a lot of work to to do the back four was a shambles at times and central midfield was non existent
There were a lot of cracks that were papered over today

I never boo the players but for me there was no need for it today. When we started holding it in the corner they didn't even look like attacking and we could've gone for a second. It was only after Crawley realised we were happy at 1-0 that they thought - hang on a minute and went for it.

I could understand that vs. the top end clubs but not vs. Crawley when we were still on top of the game.

Everton fans just booed after they were held to a 2-2 draw at home to Arsenal. I'm sure there were boos at games all over the country.

Some football fans boo when they get frustrated. So what? A complete over-reaction on here to a few boos at the Lane. I didn't boo but it didn't bother me. I'd prefer to focus on the fact that we got an excellent 18k crowd, despite a poor start to the season and Crawley only bringing around 200.

Bloody hell, just seen Everton winning 2-0 with about 10 till go. Yeah could understand that but not booing when we are winning .....and then win!

Looking at the stats we had a few chances but with only 3 on targert, that's a bit poor. Bit hey early days. Let's keep on going.

With 2 wins in 2, the Board will be happy.

I was shocked at some of the fans. Levels of expectation seem much higher already this season and have a feeling that 3-0 victories against some teams won't be enough for some of them. Pathetic.

They should try getting 3-0 up and then we'll see wouldn't we.

I was very disappointed to see us ignore the potential to attack in favour of trying to run down the clock in the corner, but i suppose I can understand it given the indifferent start to the season that we have had. I hate to see it, in the same way I hate to see our players pulling shirts at corners or diving to win free-kicks / penalties but the club are in the business of winning football matches by any means necessary.

To me it's a shame that the club I support don't always play the game the way that I think the game should be played. But so it is with football.

Didn't boo but there were two in the box waiting for the cross.

Sorry, I should have said no options in the box. Lets face it Murphy or Davis isn't going to power an header in beating their centre halves. He did the right thing holding it in the corner and anyone who doesn't agree with that and shows it by Booing is an idiot.

They should try getting 3-0 up and then we'll see wouldn't we.

A a few games into a bloody season how can you tell that they won't do soon Mystic meg? Prime example of what I'm talking about JJBlade. Never happy, Already expect us to be six points clear at the top of the league and both of our new strikers to have at least half a dozen goals each. We have just won two huge games after a rough start to the season.

But then a few months down the line when we get it together and are pushing up at the top of the league you will be one of those praising clough, the team and everything else and pretending you never doubted them in the first place!

Sorry, I should have said no options in the box. Lets face it Murphy or Davis isn't going to power an header in beating their centre halves. He did the right thing holding it in the corner and anyone who doesn't agree with that and shows it by Booing is an idiot.

I don't agree but didn't boo so don't know what your opinion of me is !
Low cross might've been useful.

It's all about opinions eh ?

One of the players in the box was Basham who may have stood a chance and wasn't happy the ball didn't come in. The most frustrating thing about it all for me is the players doing it aren't strong enough to keep the ball in there.

Don't agree with the booing, but can understand the frustration. We weren't doing a very good job in that majority of decisions for throw ins etc went crawleys way. Would prefer us to finish teams off ala newspaper reports than stick it in the corner witht over 5 to go.
If they'd had hot a break and scored then I guess we'd have been slated for using the same tactics, but then again, if we went for a second & conceded then they would have been slated. All worked out in the end, onwards & upwards UTB

Back
Top Bottom