MK Plastics Pre-Match Boozing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
After 3 years of never really shown any interest in the Blades (or football in general), besides politely asking about the score when we're playing, my girlfriend has booked tickets for us to watch the match on Saturday followed by a night in Sheffield as an anniversary present. She's even been on Youtube all week at work learning United songs so she can join in!

My guess is it's some kind of Stockholm syndrome. :D

Now it's been a few years since I've been to BDTBL, so any recommendations for pre-match boozing? Ideally somewhere close to the ground with a bit of atmosphere, but not too many knuckle draggers to scare her off.

Last edited:

After 3 years of never really shown any interest in the Blades (or football in general), besides politely asking about the score when we're playing, my girlfriend has booked tickets for us to watch the match tomorrow followed by a night in Sheffield as an anniversary present. She's even been on Youtube all week at work learning United songs so she can join in!

My guess is it's some kind of Stockholm syndrome. :D

Now it's been a few years since I've been to BDTBL, so any recommendations for pre-match boozing? Ideally somewhere close to the ground with a bit of atmosphere, but not too many knuckle draggers to scare her off.

She's not done a grand job as she's booked tickets for wrong day

We don't kick off while Saturday pal

Does the phrase, "managing expectations" mean anything to you? ;)

How close do you want it to be?

She's booked us into the Copthorne, so don't want to be walking accross the other side of the city, but don't mind a bit of a wander for her to see some of the city I'll be forcing her to live in one day ;)

She's not done a grand job as she's booked tickets for wrong day

We don't kick off while Saturday pal

Can you tell how excited I am? :D

On a serious note though take your pick on London Road then I'd suggest popping in Copthorne Hotel for one before as your taking your lass she may appreciate a pricey, more upper class pint before heading into Beautiful Downtown.

Where there's Blades, there's good company :D

My suggestions would be Royal Standard or Beer Engine. You can sit/stand outside at both of those if it's a bit crowded inside. In my experience, birds like seats.

Edit : now you've said you're staying at the Copthorne, maybe not those as are other side of ground. Sheaf House?

Crown, Railway, Beer Engine, Golden Lion, Cricketers Club House, Barry's, Barrell and Albion plenty of boozers for a beer, Albion, Crown and Railway probably the pick of the bunch.

PS how many loyalty points have you got??

What the fuck did I just watch?

Christ on a bike NB - you've been a member on here since 2009...... I have no sympathy. You should know better than to trust on anything posted on here. Clicking that link was you're own fault.

Friendly advice; if anyone suggests you and your lady take a pre-match drink at Wadsley Bridge club - don't.

She's booked us into the Copthorne, so don't want to be walking accross the other side of the city, but don't mind a bit of a wander for her to see some of the city I'll be forcing her to live in one day ;)

Can you tell how excited I am? :D

Pop in The Railway across the road. Smartened up with good ale.

The three that I use in order are
The Brothers ( Shakespeare)
Sheaf View
Golden Lion

I'd suggest that pub at the bottom of Cemetery road, the Beer Engine I think it's called, not been in for years but it sounds decent and about a 10 minute walk to the ground. Isn't Ecclesall Rd meant to be trendyish with a good few pubs, might suit a lass. Not sure if it's particularly Bladeyish but it's only 15-20 minutes walk away

Sestanovich will also be attending this game, his first in a long time. Sans G/F though.

I dont know about pre match. But after , a few of us are going to the food festival on Ecclesall road. streetcityevents.co.uk

If you are arriving by train Station Tap, Rutland (treat her to a chip butty) and for retro Fanny's or for modern style the Stancil Brewery place.

If driving stop in Heeley as recommended earlier. There's also that new trendy place where the tram depot was that my missus likes but doubt you will get much pre match atmos.

After match get yourself down Kelham Island if she likes the ale. If not, Ecclesall Road is a bit more bird friendly with wine type options. If she likes a scrap take her pig hunting on West St.

Incidentally, I didn't realise girlfriends meant an anniversary and learning songs. Great lass. Get her married if she gets equal marks in the sack department..

UTB

If you are arriving by train Station Tap, Rutland (treat her to a chip butty) and for retro Fanny's or for modern style the Stancil Brewery place.

If driving stop in Heeley as recommended earlier. There's also that new trendy place where the tram depot was that my missus likes but doubt you will get much pre match atmos.

After match get yourself down Kelham Island if she likes the ale. If not, Ecclesall Road is a bit more bird friendly with wine type options. If she likes a scrap take her pig hunting on West St.

Incidentally, I didn't realise girlfriends meant an anniversary and learning songs. Great lass. Get her married if she gets equal marks in the sack department..

UTB

UTB

UTB

Incidentally, I didn't realise girlfriends meant an anniversary and learning songs. Great lass. Get her married if she gets equal marks in the sack department...

UTB

Incidentally, I didn't realise girlfriends meant an anniversary and learning songs. Great lass. Get her married if she gets equal marks in the sack department...

UTB

UTB
Calm down ffs, we heard you the first time.

;)

UTB
Sorry?
Could you repeat that please?

Back
Top Bottom