MK Goals - Offical site

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

P

pommpey

First goal - Foxy's vid makes it look like Higdon leapt like a spring salmon. In this shot his plates are barely off the deck.

Second goal - um ... at risk of being controversial ... what was the fucking goalkeeper doing? That cross was right in his hands, and anyone wanting to save it would have been back across his goal quicker than that. If my keeper had fluffed a cross like that and cost us a place in the next round, I'd be ripping the cunt a new arsehole.

Just sayin' ...

pommpey

At the risk of being controversial , and without using any marine profanities......the first goal showed excellent heading technique. The cross was a good one - right on the noggin - but he was still being closely defended had to get good power and accurate direction to beat the keeper...Yes I agree the second was a mistake by the keeper but only due to a superb dipping corner by Doyle(?). Even then Higdon had a lot to do to finish it, which he did with some style past a couple of dozy defenders on the line. By that stage the MK Dons players looked like they'd been run ragged. We would have had 'em in extra time.

First goal - Foxy's vid makes it look like Higdon leapt like a spring salmon. In this shot his plates are barely off the deck.

Second goal - um ... at risk of being controversial ... what was the fucking goalkeeper doing? That cross was right in his hands, and anyone wanting to save it would have been back across his goal quicker than that. If my keeper had fluffed a cross like that and cost us a place in the next round, I'd be ripping the cunt a new arsehole.

Just sayin' ...

pommpey

Wtf is your point mate?

Yep, good control and finish at a tight angle. Doubt if we'll get many chances like that against Southampton.

Higdon has the technique and ability to guide headers away from the goalkeepers reach. A rare skill for any Blades player for years and years.

Looking at that it looks as though the ref dropped a bullock with their penalty, Alcock seems to take the ball cleanly and McNulty getting kicked in the head, isn't that reckless play? On the night I thought he'd been kicked in the back but it looks worse in the video.

Why is it controversial to say that the keeper dropped a bollock? .
Looking at that it looks as though the ref dropped a bullock with their penalty, Alcock seems to take the ball cleanly and McNulty getting kicked in the head, isn't that reckless play? On the night I thought he'd been kicked in the back but it looks worse in the video.

I think you're right about the pen. Alcock most definitely got the ball first.
It appears at lot of dropped bollocks littered the pitch that night...

Just for the record, there's nothing controversial. We just like to mess with Pommpey knowing he's likely had a couple of alcopops.

Totally dry tonight 'burg. It's a school night, innit?

My point is this:

First goal, I thought (and said) Higdon rose so well to nod that home. Turns out he didn't, although I agree, it was a good header and maybe their keeper could have done better.

Second goal, keeper comes, misses the waist-high collect ('dipping corner', bollocks ... say I) and it falls to Higdon, lurking at the back stick. I don't deny it was a well taken finish by him ... but the keeper dawdles like fuck, makes a half arsed attempt to get back on station and by the time he has, Higdon's goal is off the post and in. He looks under-distraught, as do his fellow defenders. Two things - a. I would be digging the ball out of the net and getting it back upfield to the centre spot for a kick off fucking quick. and b. five minutes before that Franchise were heading into the next round. Now they are outsville because of a goalkeeping fuck up. I think I'd have some choice words to say to him. Their reaction, seemingly stunned paralysis.

I don't think they wanted to go much further, to be honest. Have a think about that before you all jump on your outrage horse.

pommpey

At the risk of being controversial , and without using any marine profanities......the first goal showed excellent heading technique. The cross was a good one - right on the noggin - but he was still being closely defended had to get good power and accurate direction to beat the keeper...Yes I agree the second was a mistake by the keeper but only due to a superb dipping corner by Doyle(?). Even then Higdon had a lot to do to finish it, which he did with some style past a couple of dozy defenders on the line. By that stage the MK Dons players looked like they'd been run ragged. We would have had 'em in extra time.

I think Murphy was the corner taker. Right footed inswinger. The keeper also made a horrible mess of coming for the cross that gave Scougall his chance, so can't say it was out of the blue or a freak goal. As we know from 2 painful years of Simonsen, if you have a shit flappy keeper you concede shit goals.

I think you're right about the pen. Alcock most definitely got the ball first.
It appears at lot of dropped bollocks littered the pitch that night...

He probably gets a slight touch, but the direction of the ball is probably not changed at all. Their player would probably have got to the ball if he hadn't been brought down by Alcock's momentum. Is it then a penalty?

Alcock penalty situation MK Dons.jpg

That cross for Scougall's 50p header - what a beaut. I take it McNulty did a bit in the channels after getting a bit of stick from Nige for not doing in previous matches?

Alcock might have got a slight touch on the ball but you'd never argue with the ref giving a penalty for it. It looked a blatant pen where we were and none of our players complained at the time.

Alcock might have got a slight touch on the ball but you'd never argue with the ref giving a penalty for it. It looked a blatant pen where we were and none of our players complained at the time.

I wasn't there, my assumption when I saw the clip was that I'd think it was a pen. In fact, instinctively, when I saw it, I thought it wasn't. It doesn't matter, we won the game anyway, but that's more than a slight touch, he gets a full foot on the ball and it does change direction, he knocks it back to Howard.

I can see why the ref gave it, having one chance to see it at normal speed, but the ref might have got it wrong. Interestingly, Alcock got a card for it, when Ray at Crewe didn't. Plus of course we missed ours....

He probably gets a slight touch, but the direction of the ball is probably not changed at all. Their player would probably have got to the ball if he hadn't been brought down by Alcock's momentum. Is it then a penalty?

View attachment 9725

I can't argue with the decision Bergs, he may or may not have got a touch but I do know if it'd have been at the other end I would have been screaming for a pen.

Watching that, in the cold light of day, we had three excellent moves/chances before their penalty. But when the ball goes into the goalmouth, it's shadow play - 'I did my best boss, honest.' Seen that too much this season. The strikers should be a lot more committed - kick the ball, defender, goalie, everything in. Suppose that's a problem with having too many slightly-built players.

First goal - quality build up and cross and Higdon steered it well. Second goal, probably a rick by their goalie but their defender blocked him from getting a clear sight of the cross, setting himself etc. Quality finish by Higdon.

Penalty? Definitely in Steve Claridge's 'I've seen 'em given' repertoire.

No point analysing too much - we're in the Third Division, with Third Division players and Third Division refs.

I don't think they wanted to go much further, to be honest. Have a think about that before you all jump on your outrage horse.

Are you seriously saying that MK Dons threw the game?

I think the screenshot tells everybody otherwise

Untitled.jpg

and the 2nd guy in the net has only just stood back upright after been doubled over in disappointment.

Don't know about anyone else, but looking at their penalty it appeared to me that the player who went down seemed to be signaling it wasn't a penalty and then seemed disappointed when it was given.

Back
Top Bottom