MK Dons to pip Preston

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MKD woukd out football us and Preston would Bully us out of the game.

Our only (slim) chance is finish fifth, somehow get past Swindon and hope to play Chesterfield in the final.

Exactly, I can see it going that way though. Chezzy play a deflated Preston get past them and we sneak past Swindon to meet them in the final. My worst nightmare :(
Best solution - lose to Swindon and save wembley hell again

Preston in the Playoff Semi would make it 6 games this season, a bit unusual

Feck it then we may as well not bother turning up, that should come easy to our lot ;)

Clough and team performances have divided loyal fans , and even with being in the play offs , has left us all with more questions than answers , with a mindset of , we will have ultimate failure . The only way the players can be loyal to Clough , and Clough loyal to us and the board , is win football matches . Simple ... if the players have the right mindset , mentality of winning , which with the right tactics , can be done . ( winning successful sides never seem to feel tired )

We are going into the play offs , and IMO , Clough has to motivate the players , with a winning attitude . If not , we are just making the numbers up.

UTB

MKD woukd out football us and Preston would Bully us out of the game.

Our only (slim) chance is finish fifth, somehow get past Swindon and hope to play Chesterfield in the final.

Defeatist rubbish. You wouldn't have expected us to beat Villa, Fulham, Forest, Charlton, Qpr or Southampton.

We've beaten Preston and MK already this season. We can beat them again.

I believe we can go 1 up against any one in the division (or higher) after that though .......

We have to believe we can beat any team in the playoffs, onward and upwards.

Bladebri , we have to believe , but i am starting to wonder if Clough and the players have lost the will and faith to believe . May seem harsh from a pro Clough , but football is a simple game kicking a ball , but complicated in the head mindset . If we think we can turn a team like ours , devoid of ideas , tired , injuries , lack of confidence , inconsistent ,no recognised CB pairing , into having a winning formula , like turning on a tap , then a lot of us are in for a disappointment , and a lot of us , saying i told you so .

I can only hope that the big match atmosphere will bring out big match players.

UTB

Clough and team performances have divided loyal fans , and even with being in the play offs , has left us all with more questions than answers , with a mindset of , we will have ultimate failure . The only way the players can be loyal to Clough , and Clough loyal to us and the board , is win football matches . Simple ... if the players have the right mindset , mentality of winning , which with the right tactics , can be done . ( winning successful sides never seem to feel tired )

We are going into the play offs , and IMO , Clough has to motivate the players , with a winning attitude . If not , we are just making the numbers up.

UTB
Loyal fans ??? Don't make me laugh. Most people I know are Blades and no way would anyone I know post the anti Blade crap that half a dozen people on here post. Its not just once they will post at least half a dozen posts slagging Utd off tonight ,and everytime we lose or draw now ,they love it ,yet nowhere to be seen 2 weeks ago. You cant come on and have a decent discussion about the game as they hijack every thread to make some sarcastic point to slag us off.

Bladebri , we have to believe , but i am starting to wonder if Clough and the players have lost the will and faith to believe . May seem harsh from a pro Clough , but football is a simple game kicking a ball , but complicated in the head mindset . If we think we can turn a team like ours , devoid of ideas , tired , injuries , lack of confidence , inconsistent ,no recognised CB pairing , into having a winning formula , like turning on a tap , then a lot of us are in for a disappointment , and a lot of us , saying i told you so .

UTB
I agree but we have to keep the faith, and hopefully this will spill out onto the pitch, I understand all the ill feeling that the fans have I feel them too, I just take mine out of the wife:p

Talk about negative nigel most fans think we have lost the playoffs before we play them Whoever it may be. lets be positive. if we lose we lose weve been there before but this year ive got a feeling its our year just hope we miss mk dons

Loyal fans ??? Don't make me laugh. Most people I know are Blades and no way would anyone I know post the anti Blade crap that half a dozen people on here post. Its not just once they will post at least half a dozen posts slagging Utd off tonight ,and everytime we lose or draw now ,they love it ,yet nowhere to be seen 2 weeks ago. You cant come on and have a decent discussion about the game as they hijack every thread to make some sarcastic point to slag us off.

Sitwell , i don't know how to do it , with being computer illiterate , but could someone put the rousing dressing room football speech by Al Pacino . Anything is possible , but i do understand fans frustration.Having a opinion about Clough or the players , IMO it does not make anyone a lesser fan . Keep it on the forum and not at the match is best policy .

We don't live in a Stasi / KGB state , so people can have a opinion , right / wrong / positive / negative , but some reactions can be over the top , but thats life.

UTB

Just because you voice your options against the manager it doesn't make you less of a Blade.
You want to take a serious look a yourself pal.

Aren't you hijacking this thread about play offs by criticising fellow Blades again? It's getting tiresome.

UTB

The tiredness reason could end up as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Don't put ideas into peoples' heads about why they are underperforming.

Again there are alternative approaches but this is the way I'd prefer.

Barring disaster we'll see which United turns up in the play-offs.

UTB

Just because you voice your options against the manager it doesn't make you less of a Blade.
You want to take a serious look a yourself pal.
Have your opinion on the manager not a problem ,but absolutely everything Sheff Utd ? I see my opinion already warrants being a bigger Blade comment ,how many more will it flush out ? ..... pal ?

For the second promotion spot? One of them probably will be in a deflated state in the play-offs

TOtally, we were saying this after the game. MK Dons are flying and Deli Alli will only get fitter.The only worry is our lack of height.

The tiredness reason could end up as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Don't put ideas into peoples' heads about why they are underperforming.

Again there are alternative approaches but this is the way I'd prefer.

Barring disaster we'll see which United turns up in the play-offs.

UTB

WHF . very true about the self -fulfilling prophecy , which i am a great believer , that it happens and you can prevent it . I personally think we will get promoted and it will be the " Cup Team " , that turns up , and pulls us through .

In doing so , Clough and Co have at least one get out of jail card .

I fully appreciate and understand the negativity from fans , of Clough and the players , and then you have the other side fans who back the manager and players like some fanatical religious follower , which i also understand .Football is about opinions , which make it great to be involved in . What we all have to remember , is that football is not a working class sport any more , and people sacrifice a lot of other things in life , to either pay for a season ticket or to buy a match day ticket . Everyone is entitled to there opinion .

Winning promotion will cure a lot of evils , but only paper over a lot of cracks . I would prefer sorting / resolving the problems in the championship than in league 1 , which will need surgery ( not a CB sticking plaster ) , whichever league we are in.

Us fans have to be positive , and in different ways are , Clough and Co ,have to follow suit and lead us .

UTB

BULLSHIT. It's the cry the clappers always come up with of "you only come on here when we lose" and in 99% of cases it is a lie. most people post win lose or draw.

And "anti Blade crap"???? It is pro Blade to want a manager who knows what he's doing, it's pro Blade to point out the rubbish football we have been playing for 90 % of the season and demand better, it's pro Blade to want better, we deserve better, it's pro Blade to to be angry with the club for thinking 5th place in the Third Division is good enough for this club.

You take the party line the club tells you, I bet you agreed with Charles Green and Mike MacDonald when they were in charge, where has all this this got us? An established lower league club that's where.

to insinuate that anyone who doesn't agree with you or Macabe or Phipps isn't really a Blade is a huge insult and I think you should appologise.

BULLSHIT. It's the cry the clappers always come up with of "you only come on here when we lose" and in 99% of cases it is a lie. most people post win lose or draw.

And "anti Blade crap"???? It is pro Blade to want a manager who knows what he's doing, it's pro Blade to point out the rubbish football we have been playing for 90 % of the season and demand better, it's pro Blade to want better, we deserve better, it's pro Blade to to be angry with the club for thinking 5th place in the Third Division is good enough for this club.

You take the party line the club tells you, I bet you agreed with Charles Green and Mike MacDonald when they were in charge, where has all this this got us? An established lower league club that's where.

to insinuate that anyone who doesn't agree with you or Macabe or Phipps isn't really a Blade is a huge insult and I think you should appologise.
Harry I think you've surpassed yourself with that post. Truly full of grade one shite! :)

Touched a nerve ? Truth hurts doesn't it.

Back
Top Bottom