Michael Higdon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mendi

Reaction score
Tranmere Rovers have completed the signing of 32-year-old striker Michael Higdon .

On a par with Sammon and Henderson as quite possibly the worst forward I have ever seen in a Blades shirt.

Too close to call !!!!

UTB

On a par with Sammon and Henderson as quite possibly the worst forward I have ever seen in a Blades shirt.

Too close to call !!!!

UTB

Bit harsh on Hendo there, I remember him scoring a hat trick for us, the first in his career, not the greatest footballer ever to grace the hallowed turf at BDTBL, but to put him in with those two is just plain wrong Dronnie mate.

Now a non league footballer. He should still be done for fraud. He's a pub player all day long. Absolutely stole a living from us

I watch a lot of National League particularly Forest Green and Cheltenham both have quality players including Jon Parkin who is still doing his stuff although he looks massive and known as "The Beast" he's still very fit and mobile unlike fatso statue Pigdon - Tranmere are average in that League so he will suit them

The thing that annoys me is that even poor players like The Lion of Hillsborough put a good shift in.

Higgo was absolutely shocking, Sammon is terrible. Beattie marginally better than both given he used to run about a bit. Hendo was a decent Championship striker who got undone by his petulance and penchant for conceding free kicks.

Maybe so. Just.

On a pound for pound basis, Henderson is / was, the worst signing UTD have ever made during my years supporting the Blades. IMHO.

UTB
Akinbadbuy? £1.7M

I can't remember - How much was Henderson?

UTB

Maybe so. Just.

On a pound for pound basis, Henderson is / was, the worst signing UTD have ever made during my years supporting the Blades. IMHO.

UTB

Ebbrell? Ched Evans? Hendrie? Ryan France? There's been loads of catastrophic signings. Henderson doesn't get anywhere near those IMHO.

He's done well, pay off from the Blades and then a new job, quids in. The football world has gone mad.

Too close to call !!!!

UTB

Higdon had 5 in 12 games at one point when we signed him, never played much after that because he wasn't a "Blades type striker", who'd be typically lacking in goal scoring prowess and won't run mindlessly.

Henderson was a cut above the pair of them.

Another very wide of the mark comment.

The Horsfield!

Why is it we always buy a target man who suddenly decides he is too good to head a ball.

Henderson, Kitson, Sammon, Horsfield and Higdon to name a few. They all think they can stand there and if a defenders out muscles them they fall to the ground. In Sammon's case he just moves out of the way instead of getting clattered.

Found his level then.

The players we hoped would be playing in the championship this season (or at least fire us there last season) are in lower lg1 / league 2 / conference sides. How naive were we to think we were going anywhere near the championship. Even this season with the majority still with us.

Can't wait to see where the rest of them end up in the summer. And it can't come quick enough.

Look at this pile of shit we pinned our hopes on last season. (Line up for 1st game of season). Only one has gone on to play higher and we never chuffing replaced him.

Howard
Davies
Harris
Alcock
Mcgahey
Flynn
Basham
Reed
Scougall
Murphy
Hidgon

Doyle
Baxter
Porter
Collins
JCR
Willis

Found his level then.

The players we hoped would be playing in the championship this season (or at least fire us there last season) are in lower lg1 / league 2 / conference sides. How naive were we to think we were going anywhere near the championship. Even this season with the majority still with us.

Can't wait to see where the rest of them end up in the summer. And it can't come quick enough.

Look at this pile of shit we pinned our hopes on last season. (Line up for 1st game of season). Only one has gone on to play higher and we never chuffing replaced him.

Howard
Davies
Harris
Alcock
Mcgahey
Flynn
Basham
Reed
Scougall
Murphy
Hidgon

Doyle
Baxter
Porter
Collins
JCR
Willis

When you put it like that it puts Clough's achievements with them on a par with what his dad did at Forest. :)

Howard
Davies
Harris
Alcock
Mcgahey
Flynn
Basham
Reed
Scougall
Murphy
Hidgon

Doyle
Baxter
Porter
Collins
JCR
Willis

Point this line up out to everyone who still thinks Clough would have sorted our line up out last summer.!

Henderson was not even close to one of the worst centre forwards I have seen at the Lane. He was poor and was always suspended but he got the odd goal here and there and remember soome games when he played very well; amongst a lot of awful games that I grant you.

Sammon and Hidgon are both far worse. They were playing at a lower level and were not even good enough for League One. Both immobile, slow and with awful touches. Neither score goals or contribute much to the team. Craig Beattie was bad but he actually ran around a lot and got into some great positions. When he got there he missed mostly!

As for others, Ten Heuvel was awful. His touch and control was poor and he was extremely nesh to say the least. Do not think he even scored a goal for us; all the other above at least registered that albeit it in more games.

However, as others have said I do think Paul Williams was the worst striker I have seen since going. I have been attending since 84ish and he was dreadful. I remember two of our former players both saying to me he was the worst player they had ever played with and the players at the time could not believe he was actually a professional.

He is a shoe in for my worst United X1. His partner up top would be more difficult to call. Ten Heuvel may shade it for me from the others mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom