Michael Doyle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Punk Blade

Reaction score
Like him or loathe him, there's no question he has the club at is heart as much as any other player in the current squad and he is a real leader.

We all want to see better players come in, not just in his position, but right now he is our captain and rightly so. Can we all show him the respect he deserves? Not seen anything from tonight's game yet (looks like a heroic performance from Howard), but I feel that winning penalty should put Doyle in the same bracket as any unlikely hero to have downed the pigs in years gone by.

Well done Michael Doyle. Now get your mitts on that League One trophy in May!

I have slagged him off unmercilessly in the past, sometimes bloody deservedly.

But tonight, he bought back a fucktonne of credibility with me, not only for the cool manner in which he dispatched the pen, but for that cock-er-nee walk.

I almost hate West Ham as much as I do Leeds, but never as much as the shite.

Up the Blades

pommpey

When they interviewed him after the Charlton game on the radio and he was in tears summed him up perfectly.

I think (and hope)that this result will give all the squad a big buzz,like it did last season in our cup run,and start our season like we finished last year !
And also give a big 'get thee sen fkd off 'message to all on here who are against keeping us in cup competitions ! we are in lge 3 ! We want to be giant killers,our supporters deserve this ..love night games at the lane,especially against teams above us, fkn great !And we won a penalty shootout tonite !! Bring it on lets get excited,and fk em all ..WE are Blades...!!

I think (and hope)that this result will give all the squad a big buzz,like it did last season in our cup run,and start our season like we finished last year !
And also give a big 'get thee sen fkd off 'message to all on here who are against keeping us in cup competitions ! we are in lge 3 ! We want to be giant killers,our supporters deserve this ..love night games at the lane,especially against teams above us, fkn great !And we won a penalty shootout tonite !! Bring it on lets get excited,and fk em all ..WE are Blades...!!
Cloughy has all ready said,on a numerous of occasions that he's going for every cup,and i love that attitude.You can't beat a winning mentality,it's crucial,even at this early stage.

Cloughy has all ready said,on a numerous of occasions that he's going for every cup,and i love that attitude.You can't beat a winning mentality,it's crucial,even at this early stage.

Exactly wiz,we ,or should I say NC has a squad of very similar quality players ,which can be rotated very easily so all this rubbish of 'we cant expect players to play 3 games a week'should not really apply.We should expect to be able to do this easily,plus keep most players happy :)

Exactly wiz,we ,or should I say NC has a squad of very similar quality players ,which can be rotated very easily so all this rubbish of 'we cant expect players to play 3 games a week'should not really apply.We should expect to be able to do this easily,plus keep most players happy :)
Yes, the squad debate we had on a different thread is starting to shed some light all ready.

Well done blades,but we have a more important game against Preston on Saturday,lets do the buisness there.

I can't stand Doyle.
I know that's a weird thing to put on a appreciation thread but I think as a footballer he's garbage,
But I have to admit he's added what we've been lacking over the first few weeks of the season, so good luck to him.
I'm not going to lie, taking the piss out of the cockneys has won me over more than the penalty but either way I dislike him a lot less than 24hours ago

Doyle is a legend. Really think he leads the team well and shows that we miss him when he's not playing.

I remember saying months ago that Doyle was OK as a player but a poor Captain. Fair's fair, he's looking exactly the right man to lead the team on the pitch at the moment.

*Guaranteed next match he'll be sent off for spitting or he'll barrack Reed to tears or something*

A Doyle appreciation thread.:eek:

Let me just rub my eyes, I must be dreaming?, is it 1st April? - you lot really are a sentimental fickle old bunch, it must have been that daft, but rather excellent cocknee walk. Classic.

HH

Let me just rub my eyes, I must be dreaming?, is it 1st April? - you lot really are a sentimental fickle old bunch, it must have been that daft, but rather excellent cocknee walk. Classic.

HH

Basically, yes.

An hour before kick-off as I walked inconspicuously towards the ground down Green Street, sporting no colours and keeping my mouth closed in case anyone mistook my middle-class Sheffield accent, polluted as it is by 26 years of living down south, for that of someone from Tottenham, there was a proper cokernee geezer strutting down the middle of the road.

He was shouting, "I fackin' hate footbawl, me. Nah, I really fackin' do. 22 cissies kickin' a bag of fackin' wind araaand, I fackin' ask yer..."

And his swaggering strut was exactly like that of Doyle's.

An hour before kick-off as I walked inconspicuously towards the ground down Green Street, sporting no colours and keeping my mouth closed in case anyone mistook my middle-class Sheffield accent, polluted as it is by 26 years of living down south, for that of someone from Tottenham, there was a proper cokernee geezer strutting down the middle of the road.

He was shouting, "I fackin' hate footbawl, me. Nah, I really fackin' do. 22 cissies kickin' a bag of fackin' wind araaand, I fackin' ask yer..."

apples an pears

All we need now is a song for our new hero Michael Doyle to the tune of "Doing the Lambeth Walk". Someone has to be working on that somewhere surely?

So...you're saying Doyle can do the accent as well as the walk?

I remember saying months ago that Doyle was OK as a player but a poor Captain. Fair's fair, he's looking exactly the right man to lead the team on the pitch at the moment.

*Guaranteed next match he'll be sent off for spitting or he'll barrack Reed to tears or something*

Getting sent off vs. Fulham was the best thing that ever happened to him. Been immense ever since

Here's what the lads think of Doyle's penalty.

v4mi54.jpg

Doyle was brilliant at West Ham and Collins was magnificent

I think both were very unhappy at being dropped completely at the start of the season from what I hear. Some say that created distrupted with the team spirit along with Maguires exit. Especially since they were key senior players for us at the end of last season.

Although regardless of whether any of that rumour is true both Doyle and Collins have responded by performing well on the pitch.

HH

I have never been a fan of Doyle since Micky Adams signed him - in a nutshell he is more square pass than the master of the suare pass, Butch Wilkins ever was.

But fair dos to NC, he has sorted out Doyle to ONLY do what he is good at. His performances since January last season and the few games this have been much better.

Never thought I could praise Doyle, but just keep up the good work. Wallace is pencilled in for his role so he has to keep doing the simple things well.

UTB

I believe we are a more solid side when doyle plays. Watch how many times he breaks up opposition attacks in front of our back four and plays a simple ball to Flynny or Murph to get us on the attack again.

I like the way he goes about his job as it is probably one of the most disciplined roles on the park. It enables other players to play with a bit more freedom and should be appreciated more than he is.

Back
Top Bottom