Michael Doyle and Mr. Clough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
Below is taken from Bladesmad board Michael Doyle has spoke about his relationship with Clough...or the lack of it....
-----------------------------------------------
Posted 30 May 2015 16:59
Doyle's Thoughts On Clough
Doyle apparently with some Blades today, had several things to say about Clough.

Taken from Twitter:

"Confirmed majority of rumours that have done the rounds about him!

Also that they DIDNT practice set pieces in training!

The treatment towards Doyle was disgusting- he found out he'd been released at supporters club dinner when mal brannigan asked him what his plans were for next season and he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

And the way he found out he wasn't playing in away matches was when clough walked down the bus and said to him that he may as well just stay on here because he wouldn't be involved in the game.

Also told of his treatment of the youngsters.

Apparently behind the scenes morgs is hardly involved and if he could clough wouldn't have had him there at all.

The stuff that Doyle said really has sounded like clough's a bully boy- the youngsters are terrified of him.

One thing he did say in clough's defence was that coutts is by a mile the best in training.

Another thing that came out was Collins suggested to Diego to leave the club (is that a hint as to the fallout?)

Apparently it was clear he loved sufc, the fans and particularly Morgs.

Whether Doyle exaggerated Idk, but 100% it was said I can guarantee you that much."

---------------------------------------------------

Now it's taken off Bladesmad so make of it what you will but it is from one of the more sensible posters on there and was a member of "Team Clough in"

Released player slags off the manager who released him, he's hardly going to give him a glowing report is he. If your gaffer at work fired you would you come out shouting about how great he is? Probably just sour grapes and hugely exaggerated by the tweeter also, and that's ignoring the fact that it's likely to be pure bullshit.

UTB

keeping Morgan on shouldn't be a condition in the contract when appointing a new manager so can understand cloughs frustration. I hope it isn't the case with the new manager

Steve Thompson was kept on as a coach when Steve Bruce took over. Being a Blade I think Thommo was desperate to stay, but after a few months he ended up leaving anyway.

Still the apologists don't accept any of it.
It' is just embarrassing

In a perverse way, I'm actually pleased he is as even worse than many of us already suspected.
A new manager with an atom of man management skills should be able to a get a lot more out of many of our current players.

Below is taken from Bladesmad board Michael Doyle has spoke about his relationship with Clough...or the lack of it....
Doyle apparently with some Blades today, had several things to say about Clough.

Taken from Twitter:

The treatment towards Doyle was disgusting- he found out he'd been released at supporters club dinner when mal brannigan asked him what his plans were for next season and he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

And the way he found out he wasn't playing in away matches was when clough walked down the bus and said to him that he may as well just stay on here because he wouldn't be involved in the game.

Apparently behind the scenes morgs is hardly involved and if he could clough wouldn't have had him there at all.

The stuff that Doyle said really has sounded like clough's a bully boy- the youngsters are terrified of him.

One thing he did say in clough's defence was that coutts is by a mile the best in training.

Another thing that came out was Collins suggested to Diego to leave the club (is that a hint as to the fallout?)

Whether Doyle exaggerated Idk, but 100% it was said I can guarantee you that much."

Now it's taken off Bladesmad so make of it what you will but it is from one of the more sensible posters on there and was a member of "Team Clough in"

Think there could be an element of truth in there. Certainly doesn't sound too far fetched. As for having Morgan at the club as a condition it's madness. You should choose your own team and that's that.

Still the apologists don't accept any of it.
It' is just embarrassing

In a perverse way, I'm actually pleased he is as even worse than many of us already suspected.
A new manager with an atom of man management skills should be able to a get a lot more out of many of our current players.

In fairness DB it's a rumour from Bladesmad. Hardly the font of much really. As one such "apologist" please read my post above and you will see very much I think it could be part true.

How dies this tally with the rumours that player/s were sidelined bc they fell out with Doyle - ie Clough sided with Doyle.

Very hard to treat hearsay as credible.

If Doyle writes a book I'll buy it and read it, till then...

There was also a post not so long ago about Morgan ranting and raving at the u21s.

Hard to reconcile the different stories we're told.

My son knows the girl in question. I have no doubt it's a genuine story. Of course, much of it can be spun in whatever direction you choose.

UTB

Steve Thompson was kept on as a coach when Steve Bruce took over. Being a Blade I think Thommo was desperate to stay, but after a few months he ended up leaving anyway.
Bruce said he sacked him after our 3-1 win against Bury (I think it was that match). Always felt that Bruce had always wanted to get rid of him

Taken from Twitter:

Clough sounds like an absolute twat.
Now I see why he could only get Derby players.

I feel that Doyle actually did well at this club and was a decent captain. If he was to come back with the new manager I wouldn't mind.

I'm also disgusted with his treatment of players of this report is true. Players deserve respect and I'm sure if they got this than they would have performed better.

Additionally has Diego left yet?

As for having Morgan at the club as a condition it's madness. You should choose your own team and that's that.
I disagree, I don't think its a big ask to accommodate a long serving player like Morgan. He is a true bladesman who knows the club inside out, why wouldn't you want some one like that in your team.

Apart from our corners changed noticeably in the New Year. Out went the floaters. (Though they did seem to reappear towards the end of the season.)

Can't say I noticed that, fella. Not saying you're wrong, just saying that Clough Sr. didn't practise them so it could be that Clough Jr. had a similar theory. He did the walking the last 100 yards thing in the FA Cup that his Dad did because there were pics of the United players outside Loftus Road. All I know is that in August, we never looked like scoring from a set piece. And in May, we still didn't look like scoring from a set piece. As for defending them, well, I reckon there's a steady stream of goals conceded to headers throughout the season. Without any research, I'd be sure we were in the top six for conceding stupid set piece goals. EDIT: And probably bottom six for scoring from them.

My son knows the girl in question. I have no doubt it's a genuine story. Of course, much of it can be spun in whatever direction you choose.UTB

Tbf if Doyle had said this to one person then it would've been passed on in one way and if he had said it to another person then it would've been passed on in another way.

There's interesting stuff in there but it's hard/impossible to pick anything concrete out.
  1. Doyle said X
  2. Someone on the forum said that someone on Blades Mad said that Doyle said X
but the second easily becomes the first.

Still, it keeps the wheels turning till we can start slagging off the new manager :)

Taken from Twitter:

If morgs wasn't wanted he would leave, that I am sure of. I would put my mortgage on clough not telling him he wasn't playing by saying he might as well stay on the bus. He one God thing about this post , It did make me laugh

Can't say I noticed that, fella. Not saying you're wrong, just saying that Clough Sr. didn't practise them so it could be that Clough Jr. had a similar theory. He did the walking the last 100 yards thing in the FA Cup that his Dad did because there were pics of the United players outside Loftus Road. All I know is that in August, we never looked like scoring from a set piece. And in May, we still didn't look like scoring from a set piece. As for defending them, well, I reckon there's a steady stream of goals conceded to headers throughout the season. Without any research, I'd be sure we were in the top six for conceding stupid set piece goals. EDIT: And probably bottom six for scoring from them.

There were threads on here about Floaters and then in the New Year we changed. We even scored a couple, and generally looked threatening on occasions. It was really noticeable.

It started from around the time Holt scored from a long shot from a short corner.

I also remember the Beard having pretty much an air shot from about 6 or 8 yards out - might've been Barnsley away.

There were plenty of others. Maybe it was just bc Davies was in the team.

I'm pretty sure there were few or no floaters Feb-April.

I can certainly believe we never practiced defending them...

Again this contradicts Clough, well sort of...

I think it was Swindon when Freeman lost his man. The subject came up in an interview and he said something along the lines of "We talk about who's marking who, and if someone doesn't do their job then we're in trouble."

Reminds me of that Bassett clip which appears regularly. Do teams actually practise, or are they just given assigned players? Don't know.

Back
Top Bottom