Michael Brown - "streak of mischief"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score

Article in today's Independent (soon to be online-only):

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...re-ice-creams-if-he-plays-at-40-a6868766.html

Interesting that it's the "night games" he remembers. I'd have thought the Wednesday and Forest games would be uppermost in his memory.

I'm not sure that "streak of mischief" quite covers his darker side. It's a bit like calling Jack the Ripper a "rapscallion".
It's our managerial dream team; Page with Brown as player coach. Make it so Kev.

It's our managerial dream team; Page with Brown as player coach. Make it so Kev.

Bush , agree a dream team but in reality a recipe for relegation . Let's stick with Adkins and spend the money on strengthening the playing side , not paying off another manager.

With the backing of fans and the board , he will get it right.

UTB

Bush , agree a dream team but in reality a recipe for relegation . Let's stick with Adkins and spend the money on strengthening the playing side , not paying off another manager.

With the backing of fans and the board , he will get it right.

UTB
For the avoidance of doubt, I was joking.

When I posted it, it seemed so daft I thought it would be obvious I was joking. Then I remembered it was the Blades I was talking about.

As you know, there will be several who yearn for an Anfield style 'boot room' full of ex-blades and think that will automatically result in unbounded success. Why don't we make Tony Currie manager, he's our greatest ever player?

As you know, there will be several who yearn for an Anfield style 'boot room' full of ex-blades and think that will automatically result in unbounded success. Why don't we make Tony Currie manager, he's our greatest ever player?
Good idea, with Keith Edwards as his assistant and Deano as coach. I'm in.

We have never replaced Brownie how we could do with a player like him now

The two "clutch" goals he scored for us in the Forest semi finals (both legs) is what took us in to the final. It was a penalty right after forest took the lead in the first leg and a deflected free kick in the second leg just after forest went 0-2 up. What a night that second leg was.

CaYwpnaWAAAI_Ah.jpg

Standard tackle.

... a player who also appeared in the Premier League for Tottenham, Fulham, Wigan and Portsmouth ...

So no mention of his time at Sheff Utd, then?
CaYwpnaWAAAI_Ah.jpg

Standard tackle.

I had a chuckle at that. He was never one to pull out of a tackle.

That game at Fratton 1-2 to us. He fucking RULED the pitch that night. Met him in Tobago. Top feller. As said, full of mischief.

I would have him as assistant coach tomorrow. I guarantee the card count would increase, certain players would disappear but we would be feared.

Loved Michel Brown. Excellent player.

pommpey

He lodged with a friend of mine when he was an apprentice at City.

A 'Handfull' doesn't even begin to cover it. This from a bloke who housed Jeff Whitley and had a young Wright-Phillips arrive on his doorstep with nothing but a carrier bag.

Bumped into him at his birthday party in a pub in Cheadle Hulme a couple of years ago - was with the son of my mate. Wanted to talk about the volley against Wednesday, but given the lad I was with is an 18 stone prop forward who genuinely wanted to maim him over all the hassle he caused his Dad we agreed that discretion was probably the better policy.

In my years of being a Blade, I don't think I have seen a player have a better 18 month spell than Michael Brown had.

His career will always be defined by being a bit of a hatchet man, but he couldn't half play. It is not just the goals I remember, it is also the impish, darting runs, the superb passing and technical ability, his reading of a game, and being a talisman.

The biggest disappointment for me was that he never really kicked on as much as I thought he would after he left.

I know being smacked in the head with a ball smarts, but Keown looks genuinely fucked off with that! Quality!

The two "clutch" goals he scored for us in the Forest semi finals (both legs) is what took us in to the final. It was a penalty right after forest took the lead in the first leg and a deflected free kick in the second leg just after forest went 0-2 up. What a night that second leg was.

Go on, then. Any excuse. :)

Makes me wanna weep.

Shame his seventh penalty wasn't so good. Had that gone in and Tongy's freekick, I think we'd have steamrollered Wolves.

pommpey

He went the same way with his pens everytime, think the Wolves keeper did his homework for that.

His goal at Walsall was everything that he and the Blades were about. We were down to 10 and the players never gave up and then Briwn pops up with a screamer.

Back
Top Bottom