Message to you John Brayford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Message to Brayford
Now you've signed a contract, don't think you can just turn up and take the money :)
PS I know you're better than that

What's it like to wake up on a Sunday morning, knowing you are a 100 % Blade?

Welcome Brother!

I think with the Mr Brayford signing , we do have to give credit , first of all to Mr McCabe , Mr Prince and the rest of the board.

Instead of signing a proven striker ( which we do need ) , Mr Clough has actually thought out of the box , with a player who can be the catalyst to elevate us to the next level. This signing has enhanced the prestige for the club , and is one of the last pieces of jigsaw for this season , but the first piece , for the second jigsaw , next season.

Mr Brayford has developed a relationship of such a endured spiritual nature , with the fans , players , and club as a whole , the only other comparison , i can think of , having the Mr Brayford effect ,which shows the impact this signing will have - Mr Eric Cantona at Manchester United.

UTB

In fairness, whilst I think McCabe often deserves more credit, on this occasion the credit goes to Mr Phipps, Mr Baki, Mr Brannigan and of course Mr Clough on doing the deal. Credit also to Brayford for loving us like we love him
Clough is the deal ,he wouldn't have come or even be on the radar if not for Cluffy.

Message to all Blades fans.

Expectations are (rightfully) high as regards this player.

Let us all not expect too much before the lad has even gotten started back up with us !!

But welcome home JB.

UTB
Wrong thread take your sensibility elsewhere

Oh and your 'gotten' take that back over the Atlantic y'all ;)

One observation in all this…

For all the stick the club has taken in the last few months, it's now clear that United have been trying to get the necessary players in, and weren't willing to settle for short term loans or lesser targets. That does show the new regime are in this for the long haul.

If we get CoG and AN Other in too, then I make us comfortably the strongest outfit in the league, and not a team based on loans either. I hope and pray that's enough to get us up this season, but if it isn't, surely to goodness the next season will be the one.

We are building this club again after years of regression.

One observation in all this…

For all the stick the club has taken in the last few months, it's now clear that United have been trying to get the necessary players in, and weren't willing to settle for short term loans or lesser targets. That does show the new regime are in this for the long haul.

If we get CoG and AN Other in too, then I make us comfortably the strongest outfit in the league, and not a team based on loans either. I hope and pray that's enough to get us up this season, but if it isn't, surely to goodness the next season will be the one.

We are building this club again after years of regression.

Amen brother

In fairness, whilst I think McCabe often deserves more credit, on this occasion the credit goes to Mr Phipps, Mr Baki, Mr Brannigan and of course Mr Clough on doing the deal. Credit also to Brayford for loving us like we love him
I've always found spending someone else's money a bit easier than my own.

Credit to McCabe and The Prince too.

UTB

I wouldn't necessarily say this is a statement of intent by the club as this deal has been financed by the Maguire money so basically one in one out (I suspect a level deal given Beard's wages on a 3 year deal). What it does show though is that the investment has enabled us to recycle transfer money rather than it go back into the club to cover costs / debt which can only make us stronger long term.

I still think the whole Beard saga has been massively over-hyped but we're quietly getting where we want to be, NOW GET OUT OF THIS DAMNED LEAGUE !!!

I wouldn't necessarily say this is a statement of intent by the club as this deal has been financed by the Maguire money so basically one in one out (I suspect a level deal given Beard's wages on a 3 year deal). What it does show though is that the investment has enabled us to recycle transfer money rather than it go back into the club to cover costs / debt which can only make us stronger long term.

I still think the whole Beard saga has been massively over-hyped but we're quietly getting where we want to be, NOW GET OUT OF THIS DAMNED LEAGUE !!!
If you go on YouTube, there is a video from Messrs Phipps and Baki which they talk about their statement of intent.

Patience is required , and i think blades fans have it in abundance . We haven't had a choice.

More lacking in owners and boards , in todays game.

At least for once we appear to be getting it right both on and off the field. This starts with the board having confidence in the manger and manager having confidence in the board.

UTB.

Message to all Blades fans.

Expectations are (rightfully) high as regards this player.

Let us all not expect too much before the lad has even gotten started back up with us !!

But welcome home JB.

UTB
Thanks for that

Mr Brayford, you have the best job in the world, joined the Best Team in the World, celebrate this, realise your opportunity, push yourself to be the best you can be.

I have a friend who has a high position at a certain business, I have been told that we have been straightening out a lot of loose ends, sorting old problems out (financial) obligations and contracts of persons left, signed, sold...

Apparently our prince wanted a lot of things straight and dealt with financially before making investments, it would be harder to track his cash investment should there be other payments flying off left right and centre to all and sundry..

In short, as my mate said, there was a lot of shit to sort out, and he wasn't gonna spaend anything till he had paid off bad old debts,.and knew where his money was going..

If we make the championship this season/or next, then we will see a push financially akin to robsons spending, but with a manager who's not "having a couple at old trafford" instead of managing..

I have a friend who has a high position at a certain business, I have been told that we have been straightening out a lot of loose ends, sorting old problems out (financial) obligations and contracts of persons left, signed, sold...

Apparently our prince wanted a lot of things straight and dealt with financially before making investments, it would be harder to track his cash investment should there be other payments flying off left right and centre to all and sundry..

In short, as my mate said, there was a lot of shit to sort out, and he wasn't gonna spaend anything till he had paid off bad old debts,.and knew where his money was going..

If we make the championship this season/or next, then we will see a push financially akin to robsons spending, but with a manager who's not "having a couple at old trafford" instead of managing..

That ties in with what Jim said about the eight digit investment sorting out stuff behind the scenes leaving the Harry money free to be invested.

That ties in with what Jim said about the eight digit investment sorting out stuff behind the scenes leaving the Harry money free to be invested.

It does, but I won't pretend I dint have the face on about lack of investment, and let's have the cards on the table here,.its not like we haven't been spun a yarn or two in the past...

Change isn't easy to accept,.our fans are like a beaten dog with the sales of our best players "etc" so it takes a while for us to start to trust again...

The guy at city was so rich he just said.. do it, pay it all and buy robinho and silva if you want... our prince doesn't have that cash, but, he's not skint or reckless with it more to the point..

Trust is a two way street, we are starting to see the investment, if we get ogrady, this will go down as the best jan ever regarding players in.....

I still expect us to sell a couple though, but, that will be up to clough this time, not the accountant..

Back
Top Bottom