McNulty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
I meant to mention this at the time, and it slipped my mind, but listening to football heaven reminded me of the point i was going to make.

On Saturday when the Bradford defender made his slip and the ball ran through to Marc McNulty, absolutely everything he did was textbook, in fact i would go as far to say to that it is a long, long time since i have seen a Sheffield United player go one on one with a keeper and finish as emphatically as he did.

If we keep him fit, and give him regular footballer, i feel certain that he will be the 25 goal a season striker we have been crying out for since you know who got incarcerated.

I meant to mention this at the time, and it slipped my mind, but listening to football heaven reminded me of the point i was going to make.

On Saturday when the Bradford defender made his slip and the ball ran through to Marc McNulty, absolutely everything he did was textbook, in fact i would go as far to say to that it is a long, long time since i have seen a Sheffield United player go one on one with a keeper and finish as emphatically as he did.

If we keep him fit, and give him regular footballer, i feel certain that he will be the 25 goal a season striker we have been crying out for since you know who got incarcerated.
Blackman didn't get incarcerated,he was sold:D

I totally agree btw.

I hate to mention it but the last united striker that I can remember that would have finished like that was a certain K Edwards.

I agree. Can't believe he hasn't had hardly any chances, especially when Higdon has been given several. He actually looks a really good player, I likenhis touch, work rate and vision. Most importantly he offers us mobility which we have been lacking. Baxter is a great visionary player, but with Higdon (or no one) ahead of him his talents are wasted.

My current fear is that Clough seems to be fitting our team around Scougall, who has been out of nick really. He would be the obvious person to drop out and that seems unlikely. On this season's form, the modern 4-2-3-1 would be excellent with this personnel:

Howard
Alcock
McCarthy
McGahey
Harris
Doyle
Basham
Murphy
Baxter
JCR
McNulty

I'm sure many will have differing opinions on the team/formation, but MM definitely seems our best option up top at the moment, and deserves a run in the side.

My favourite part about the goal is that he only takes one touch. That's the sign of a striker brimming with confidence.

just had a look at blackman since he left us 6 goals in 47 still pisses me off to think about us selling him genuinely believe he could have been the thing that would have pushed us out of this pub league if we kept him

The way he took that reminded me of Sir Keith Edwards in his pomp.

Very cool and very clinical.
Totally agree . He has the composure of Sir Keith Edwards and does make scoring look easy . McNulty anticipated the mistake by the defender and still had a lot of work to do ,to score . Mr Clough and Mr Clough brother , slowly but surely seem to be correct with there signings , after i thought he had got it all wrong . Is McNulty ready for 90 minutes or coming on a a impact player .We will find out with the team selection for the Yeovil match tomorrow . May be 442 with two up front. We are putting the ball in the net on a regular basis , and the name of the game is stopping them going past Howard.

UTB

Agree, never looked like missing did he?

... My current fear is that Clough seems to be fitting our team around Scougall, who has been out of nick really. He would be the obvious person to drop out and that seems unlikely. On this season's form, the modern 4-2-3-1 would be excellent with this personnel:

Howard
Alcock
McCarthy
McGahey
Harris
Doyle
Basham
Murphy
Baxter
JCR
McNulty

I'm sure many will have differing opinions on the team/formation, but MM definitely seems our best option up top at the moment, and deserves a run in the side.

Due to Scougs showing his prowess at All-in Wrestling on Saturday, the Blades could build the following 4-4-2 formation round him for the rest of the season:

Kendo Nagasaki

Jackie Pallo Mick McManus Honey Boy Zimba Les Kellett

Billy Two Rivers Catweazle Scoogs Tally-Ho Kaye

Big Daddy Giant Haystacks

Just a thought :eek:

Due to Scougs showing his prowess at All-in Wrestling on Saturday, the Blades could build the following 4-4-2 formation round him for the rest of the season:

Kendo Nagasaki

Gone on a bit of a tangent there mate

You are correct and some of us on here have been singing his praises even BEFORE he signed.
Look at all the goals he has scored - all have a touch of quality about them - look at the goals he has setup/helped to set up, again signs of a good footballer.

The lad has needed time to settle in.

Now, to quote the cook from Norwich - "lets be avin yer" who said Mcnulty was crap?????

Someone needs to have a word in Mr Cloughs ear!

UTB

Think some of you are getting a bit carried away
he has earned a starting place thats all

He might get in the team not score get dropped and end up back at livingston st thistle

One thing it does show is how much bladesfans love a natural goalscorer fingers crossed weve got one cos nige wouldnt be able to spot one if they matched his dads scoring record

Kendo Nagasaki

Showing your age there :)

I'd have Gorgeous George as a sub, when the opposition get tired, bring him on to mince through their defence.

Adrian Street, 'Crybaby' Jim Breaks, 'Cyanide' Sid Cooper, Johnny Kwango and 'Rollerball' Rocco looking to strengthen Bradford's squad

Thing with McNults in a one on one is that you’d put your money on him to score. The goal on Saturday was the type of finish you’d see in two-touch training. No pressure, just slot it, no extra touches needed, the ball had pace, the keeper would go down.
From the limited number of times I’m not sure I’d say he’s entirely ready to lead the line yet, is he better than Baxter/ Higdon in the role of holding the ball and creating space for other players to come through, but he certainly looks like being a good second striker or an impact substitute.
So if you’re playing him in this role as a second/ supporting striker, is he offering more than Scoog’s offers? I personally think Scoog’s is also a good finisher, not on McNult’s level perhaps, but he might also offer more of an all round game for the type of formation we play.
(Before anyone jumps on this, notice that these are mostly questions rather than statements)

Alan Kilby ?
He used to bring his car to our place for repairs, one day just after he lost a championship bout a workmate called him a wanker forgetting he could lip read ......... funny as fuck watching our workmate learning wrestling moves on a concrete floor :D:D:D

From the limited number of times I’m not sure I’d say he’s entirely ready to lead the line yet, is he better than Baxter/ Higdon in the role of holding the ball and creating space for other players to come through, but he certainly looks like being a good second striker or an impact substitute.

I don't think he's good enough with his back to goal to play the lone striker in Clough's formation just yet. If we play with the lone striker on the shoulder of the defence with the tactics aimed at turning the opposition back 4 then he'd fit in perfectly. I'd like to see Baxter play off McNulty; to me, Baxter has the vision to play the channel balls for McNulty and once it's a one-on-one with the keeper, I'd back McNulty every time.

So if you’re playing him in this role as a second/ supporting striker, is he offering more than Scoog’s offers? I personally think Scoog’s is also a good finisher, not on McNult’s level perhaps, but he might also offer more of an all round game for the type of formation we play.

On current form, yes. Scougall has been off the boil recently and might benefit (as McNulty has) from coming on for the last 15-20 minutes against tiring defences, as he did at Colchester. One real positive from Saturday's performance for me was Basham, who I thought did the simple things well. It was also amusing seeing the change in his reaction when his pass to McNulty's feet became a through ball thanks to the Valley Parade pitch!

I'm sure we could find a place on the bench for Steve Logan, Bert Royal and Vic Faulkner

Balham Blade
From what I’ve seen of him there, I just think that Baxter’s best position is in the centre of midfield alongside Doyle, possibly with Scoog’s in front of him, granted with Scoogs in his current form he’s perhaps leading a charmed life to be getting picked to start at the moment.

I don’t doubt that Baxter could allow McNults to thrive, but I think in Baxter’s case it would be better to play him in his strongest position.

I do think that Higdon needs games and we need to persist with him even if he has a few poor games, but he fits the system well currently. Could the current system adapt to allow McNults to play the lone striker on his own, playing on his front foot as opposed to playing with his back to goal, holding the ball up to bring in Scoogs and the wingers.

Another thing i like about him is that he's a dirty little shite. I've seen him leave his foot in on a defender a few times.

He used to bring his car to our place for repairs, one day just after he lost a championship bout a workmate called him a wanker forgetting he could lip read ......... funny as fuck watching our workmate learning wrestling moves on a concrete floor :D:D:D
I have seen him lose his temper at the deaf club quite a few times! People have to be wary of what they say to him! Once in the Central Deaf club he had argument with a hard man (used to be a streetfighter) and they grabbed each other but their argument was stopped quickly when a 92 year old lady (called Mrs Marcroft who used to be a teacher at Maud Maxfield) went berserk with them and wagging her finger at them! There had always been no love lost between the pair!

The finish was great. I think it was all set up by his anticipation and willingness to gamble. He needs more game time, as the more he plays the more he scores.

Back
Top Bottom