McNulty after Portsmouth move

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

@thelane

Reaction score
Clearly wants a move to Portsmouth ( news now article HTC)...in my opinion not committed to the blades...more a half way house...we've had plenty of those....CW get rid before he plays up like Baxter.

Do not understand our fans who want shot of people who score goals,

Edwards, Blake, Beattie etc all get slagged at some point or another for being lazy and now mcnulty for his attitude - so fucking what if he has attitude if he gets us 15-20 goals.

Clearly wants a move to Portsmouth ( news now article HTC)...in my opinion not committed to the blades...more a half way house...we've had plenty of those....CW get rid before he plays up like Baxter.
A NewsNow article. If it is the one I read it doesn't say what you are saying. Got a link ?

Do not understand our fans who want shot of people who score goals,

Edwards, Blake, Beattie etc all get slagged at some point or another for being lazy and now mcnulty for his attitude - so fucking what if he has attitude if he gets us 15-20 goals.

At risk of plagiarising Revolution, if we're relying on McNulty to score enough goals to get us promoted then I think we're going nowhere. He's an understudy to Sharp when what we need is a partner for Sharp.

I guess it depends on budgets and the availability of alternatives. Personally, I'd bin him and have Done coming on for Sharp.

I know he's allegedly a dick head but he's 23 and I think we might as well see what the gaffer makes of him pre season.
I was a big advocate of "no clean slates" but you have to make exceptions with goalscorerss, there aren't many out there.

Without clicking on the link I am sure it's the same article which says that Alan Knill has told him he is still wanted at the lane.

Deserves a chance for me. I wouldn't have loaned him to Portsmouth.

Natural finisher, and someone well worth seeing under a decent man manager.

He needs to lose a bit of weight though.

First post on here.....

McNulty has talent. It's not easy putting the ball in the net, it's that simple.

However....he would seem to have a bit of a lazy, poor attitude, and last I saw of him the other day looks a stone too heavy.
If he should sort himself out, apply himself and work on his football and fitness he would be an asset to the club.....like the lad De Girolamo I might add.
However, as this pro attitude seems beyond him let him waste his talent and bum about in L2/Scottish lower leagues.
No player should have an attitude that he's doing the club a favour being here and nobody is bigger than the club....so let him go I say.

If he wants to go, let him, just make sure Portsmouth pay the going rate for a young proven goalscorer, with plenty of add ons and milestone payments.if he does well.

At risk of plagiarising Revolution, if we're relying on McNulty to score enough goals to get us promoted then I think we're going nowhere. He's an understudy to Sharp when what we need is a partner for Sharp.

I guess it depends on budgets and the availability of alternatives. Personally, I'd bin him and have Done coming on for Sharp.
You always need squad players.

Someone who can score goals being a squad player is worth it's weight in gold.

I sometimes wonder if McNulty has shagged too many peoples wives to get slaughtered like he does, it's fucking ridiculous. Not directed at you by the way.

I read that article but if he's given another chance with us and starts banging them in then I'm fairly sure he'll change his mind and you'll never hear Pompey mentioned again! He is still going to be a back up to Sharp but he is lethal of the bench and for that reason alone should be kept. Don't get why Adkins didn't play him more to be honest.

I agree on him not being a starter, but I wpuld defi itely have him in the squad and on the bench. Think of games like Gillingham or Barnsley at home, we have lots of possession but are in desperate need of a goal. I think I would much rather have McNulty coming on in that scenario than Done.

Plus he is 23 so cpuld easily develop in other areas too. A keep but not start for me.

All depends on the manager for me. Clough clearly took agin him as with Collins and Butler (one of Clough's weaknesses). Clearly not part of Adkins plans even though the hapless Sammon's was (one of Adkin's weaknesses). Wilder, I suspect, will mould a raw talent attached to a dodgy personality very well, which is why he has been retained. Still a work in progress but hopefully a future asset for us.

[QUOTE="From the pig end, post: 1016667, member:
but you have to make exceptions with goalscorerss, there aren't many out there.[/QUOTE]

You'd have Balatelli wouldn't you.

If he wants to leave here and move to Pompey permanently then that tells me he hasn't got much ambition, he should want to play at the league above if he has that opportunity, and while at a club this size that could well go up to an even higher league plus working under the very manager that led his team to become Champions in the same league he spent the majority on loan.

If he can't recognise the opportunity here then I won't lose much sleep if he does leave.

Back
Top Bottom