McGahey - Admission of being wrong about him.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chezzy_Blade

Reaction score
I was a bit harsh about young McGahey last week. I blasted the few mistakes he had made in the opening games and suggested that he should be dropped and alternatively that we should go with an experienced partnership of Collins and Butler at the back.

Last night however I saw a completely different player. I saw probably what Clough and a good few of yew saw in him before I did. For the most he looked composed, steady and experienced beyond his years. Whether the steady influence of Collins along side him has helped boost his confidence and bring him who knows but wither way I was impressed and due to this have to take back my comments.

I Chezzy_blade eat my hat!

Two-reasons-why-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-earlier-than-expected-on-the-market-could-be.jpg

It's worth remembering how young he is for a centre half too.

UTB

Clough has gone for raw talent , we have to accept youth lacks the nous at times , it benefits from lack of fear , but the more they play if they have the raw talent , the better they get

Clough has gone for raw talent , we have to accept youth lacks the nous at times , it benefits from lack of fear , but the more they play if they have the raw talent , the better they get
I was a bit harsh about young McGahey last week. I blasted the few mistakes he had made in the opening games and suggested that he should be dropped and alternatively that we should go with an experienced partnership of Collins and Butler at the back.

Last night however I saw a completely different player. I saw probably what Clough and a good few of yew saw in him before I did. For the most he looked composed, steady and experienced beyond his years. Whether the steady influence of Collins along side him has helped boost his confidence and bring him who knows but wither way I was impressed and due to this have to take back my comments.

Two-reasons-why-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-earlier-than-expected-on-the-market-could-be.jpg

I kept my gob shut cos at the end of the day, these forums are full of opinionated fans that think they know better than a 20 strong management and coaching team, so no hat for me to eat.
But thats why we have these boards innit, so ill allow you to put some Hendos on your hat

I kept my gob shut cos at the end of the day, these forums are full of opinionated fans that think they know better than a 20 strong management and coaching team, so no hat for me to eat.
But thats why we have these boards innit, so ill allow you to put some Hendos on your hat
There's plenty who kept their gob shut as we plummeted to the bottom of the third division. I'm not sure either place is the place to be.

Shit is just shit, there's nothing wrong with saying so.

There are those who see the worst in everything we do - now they are another story.

UTB

I
blasted the few mistakes he had made in the opening games and suggested that he should be dropped

Cloughie did an excellent interview on this subject which I'll try and paraphrase below.

"He'll make some mistakes but you have to play talented youngsters like HM because if you don't they don't have the opportunity to learn."

Wise words as always Nigel.

It's very early days but I've been a big fan of the lad so far.
You see mistakes but he's got a hell of a lot going for him at that age.

Hope he keeps playing, keeps improving.
Big decision from Nigel to play him.

UTB!

There's plenty who kept their gob shut as we plummeted to the bottom of the third division. I'm not sure either place is the place to be.

Shit is just shit, there's nothing wrong with saying so.

There are those who see the worst in everything we do - now they are another story.

UTB
Well said Mickey.

Honesty pays in the long run and good on you,but whatever you do,don't eat that hat,you'll need it for the footgolf;)

It's very early days but I've been a big fan of the lad so far.
You see mistakes but he's got a hell of a lot going for him at that age.

Hope he keeps playing, keeps improving.
Big decision from Nigel to play him.

UTB!

Fan too here - since his firat 45 minutes against Burton. The lad has something about him, something different that stands him apart. Obviously he needs to work hard at certain aspects of his game, and hopefully he has a good teacher in Chris Morgan.

He WILL be better than Harry !

UTB

Fan too here - since his firat 45 minutes against Burton. The lad has something about him, something different that stands him apart. Obviously he needs to work hard at certain aspects of his game, and hopefully he has a good teacher in Chris Morgan.

He WILL be better than Harry !

UTB
Couldn't agree more about the lad.His little burst of pace over 5 or 10 yards ain't bad either,he's quicker than what people are making out.The only thing i can think where Maguire might be better is his goal tally,but lets get McGahey preventing goals first.

As memntioned a few times previously, he's had exactly the same amount of experience Harry had when he was thrust into the 1st team. That season, HM1 was able to settle in without too much pressure as the team played so well in front of him for the most part. He made mistakes at times as HM2 has, and will but he looks like a talent who will only improve given a full and hopefully, successful season.

Having seen him a lot more than we have, the fact he's been the only ever present in one position in defence suggests NC sees him as a 1st team regular.

Jury is still out for me. he would benefit from a better player along side him though as both him and Collins are likely to make mistakes every game.

Not being funny or owt mate but this is a footbal forum not the times if you are wrong about summat you dont have to start a thread about it

60 % of people will disagree with you anyway wrong or not

Jury is still out for me. he would benefit from a better player along side him though as both him and Collins are likely to make mistakes every game.

Presumably why he wants Pearce as Butler seemingly isn't in the frame either.

Not being funny or owt mate but this is a footbal forum not the times if you are wrong about summat you dont have to start a thread about it

Judge was working out how many threads he needed to put up, but the calculator blew up! :)

I don't agree judge :D

Back
Top Bottom