McCabe Fans Forum Introduction - Offical Site Video

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Struggling to watch that due to the amount of interference he is getting on his microphone.

I relate to every word he says, maybe a touch too much emphasis on 'luck' , but it's true. Who'd be a Blade? One day the, let's say,10% luck factor will change and watch us go.

KM is a decent man but I only wish somebody else had spent K.M's money on us and so will he!!

In effect it's not KM it's all those managers, but he chose them.

Good stuff, to be fair.

Don't like the (very Little Sheffielder) emphasis on rampant bad luck. But do like the emphasis on how essential it is to use this Academy now that it's fully functioning. (And let's not bewail our bad luck about losing youngsters to bigger clubs too much - surely we have the opportunity to poach young players from smaller local clubs ourselves.)

Just that, as others have said who were present there, further unanswered questions tend to get thrown up by the original points made. Such as: if we've had a clear-out of older academy players earlier this year, what is there to suggest the younger ones will be any better & won't need clearing out themselves? And: if the pressure of wanting instant success was the reason for youngsters not being given first team opportunities before, is that pressure no longer there?

Even so, can't really argue with the basic strategy, so long as it is supplemented with financial backing to sign players in key positions (ideally ones who know what's needed at this level or can step up from below, rather than potential Stuart McCalls) . A younger first team, with a core of home-grown players: sounds good.

I relate to every word he says, maybe a touch too much emphasis on 'luck' , but it's true. Who'd be a Blade? One day the, let's say,10% luck factor will change and watch us go.

KM is a decent man but I only wish somebody else had spent K.M's money on us and so will he!!

In effect it's not KM it's all those managers, but he chose them.
When McCabe came in and chucked his tens of millions at the club you would under normal circumstances have expected to see a steep upturn in fortunes. It seems to have worked for every club I can think of including those across the city.

However not us, not by a long way. There has been some of it down to McCabe's decisions. Some of it down to dodgy dealings by certain individuals (eg certain ex goalkeepers) Double standards by those at the top (Spurs escaping points deductions but not Swindon etc) The incredible farce of The Tevez saga where the Scudsmore admitted West Ham "lied and lied again, and of course Ched Evans who let us all down and let our greatest rivals steal promotion at our expense. Only not only that, but now it seems that may have all been a '"Unsafe conviction" Too little too late for us though.

So nobody can tell me you make your own luck.We've been shit on at every single opportunity by every footballing god in the sky there is.

We're due a serious stroke of good fortune, of Leicester City proportions to even things up. Cannot wait.

When McCabe came in and chucked his tens of millions at the club you would under normal circumstances have expected to see a steep upturn in fortunes. It seems to have worked for every club I can think of including those across the city.

However not us, not by a long way. There has been some of it down to McCabe's decisions. Some of it down to dodgy dealings by certain individuals (eg certain ex goalkeepers) Double standards by those at the top (Spurs escaping points deductions but not Swindon etc) The incredible farce of The Tevez saga where the Scudsmore admitted West Ham "lied and lied again, and of course Ched Evans who let us all down and let our greatest rivals steal promotion at our expense. Only not only that, but now it seems that may have all been a '"Unsafe conviction" Too little too late for us though.

So nobody can tell me you make your own luck.We've been shit on at every single opportunity by every footballing god in the sky there is.

We're due a serious stroke of good fortune, of Leicester City proportions to even things up. Cannot wait.

Couldn't agree more. I'd also add the relegation day under Bassett when at 4.20 pm we were 7th bottom before Segers dived over that ball.

Jags handling that ball for the first time ever.

Simmonsen and that 23rd penalty after they missed 2 out of first 3.

Hopkins getting his last shot in his career on target in injury time at Wembley.

Mike Dean refusing two stone wall penalties v Burnley at Wembley. ( as he would).

Graham Poll missing the Campbell foul before taking out Tonge was it, in the build up to the Arsenal goal in a 1-0 in the semi.

Liverpool fielding a wekened team, Styles saying there was intent, Reilly disallowing Geary's header at West Ham, the two other Gerrard penalties at Anfield.

Windass in the week before Cardiff.

Oliver allowing that goal v Weds at Bramall Lane when Simmonsen bottled it when assaulted by 3 trees descending on him from 12 feet high.

Alan Smith goal (spit) then Beattie missing the tap-in at MKD followed by the late Wednesday winner. (6000 disappointed Blade away fans).

There must be more, those are just off the cuff.

Our fortunes just have to change. I've come to the conclusion Adkins must be a very lucky manager, so we'll take a bit of that.

Here's to the red and white future.:p:p:p:rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. I'd also add the relegation day under Bassett when at 4.20 pm we were 7th bottom before Segers dived over that ball.

Hopkins getting his last shot in his career on target in injury time at Wembley.

Mike Dean refusing two stone wall penalties v Burnley at Wembley. ( as he would).

Graham Poll missing the Campbell foul before taking out Tonge was it, in the build up to the Arsenal goal in a 1-0 in the semi.

Liverpool fielding a wekened team, Styles saying there was intent, Reilly disallowing Geary's header at West Ham, the two other Gerrard penalties at Anfield.

Oliver allowing that goal v Weds at Bramall Lane when Simmonsen bottled it when assaulted by 3 trees descending on him from 12 feet high.

Alan Smith goal (spit) then Beattie missing the tap-in at MKD followed by the late Wednesday winner. (6000 disappointed Blade away fans).

Our fortunes just have to change. I've come to the conclusion Adkins must be a very lucky manager, so we'll take a bit of that.

Very true . Let's stick with positive Adkins. Things will change.

Good list Woody.

UTB

Unbelievable when you read that lot.

The Segars thing is what I was referring to with the goalkeeper comment and Grobbaler and a brown paper bag (alledgedly) but when u look at the rest it certainly makes u think.

I know we think we've had it worse than others, and others clubs fans can some up with their own list of bad luck and sorry tales, but I really doubt any come close to ours.

Anyone thought the worst piece of bad luck ...................

is having McCabe as owner ...... :rolleyes:

Somebody help me out here. I'm wondering why Adkins wasn't talked about a lot in that introduction. I'm also wondering why he wasn't sat there next to the co-Chairman and ready to field questions with him.

Anybody who was there, was that explained? I heard McCabe say he felt lonely up there on his own. Why wouldn't the football manager be there explaining the forward plans? Even the Academy lad was given a role?

Any views anybody?

Somebody help me out here. I'm wondering why Adkins wasn't talked about a lot in that introduction. I'm also wondering why he wasn't sat there next to the co-Chairman and ready to field questions with him.

Anybody who was there, was that explained? I heard McCabe say he felt lonely up there on his own. Why wouldn't the football manager be there explaining the forward plans? Even the Academy lad was given a role?

Any views anybody?
I think you may be reading too much into this. I think it would have been JP but he has taken a back seat on Comms at the moment. He doesn't even answer direct emails anymore. However this very short speech from Kevin McCabe has somehow restored my faith in the guy. He does try to do things on the cheap min in - max out as per his hardnosed business brain, but he does seem to be getting the internal infrastructure right. He is right about the mis-fortune but that's just time and place. We had no contingencies in place for the majority of them. If like Neil Warnock had suggested another £2mil had been spent whilst in the prem we wouldn't have got caught up in half of Woody's bad luck list. Segars and Ched we could do nothing about, but his (McCabe)mismanagement in the Championship led to relegation in league 1 so the Ched effect would not have applied. I hope the faith in the Academy is not an attempt to bring wages down min in - max out again if it is managed right it could be a great success. Experienced pros bringing on younger hungry lads could be the answer we need.

Any views anybody?

Wasn't the time for any 'Where's the manager?' questions when the Forum was announced?

I can't recall it being an issue then.

The immediate context for the quote was that the MC had just announced all the other club people who would be there in case we wanted to talk to them, not just Binnion but a few commercial people aswell - though not the Tea Lady - and one or two others, including TC.

The initial quote was related to this.

At the time I thought it was awkward but awkward can mean misconceived, hamfisted, cack-handed, gauche, humourless etc.

Either that or there's a deepening rift between KM, NA, Jim, The Prince, piling contractors and the Tea Lady.

So, for me, it was lighthearted not sinister or despairing.

Back
Top Bottom