MATCH DAY THREAD: The Mighty Blades v Gillingham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
Right we need to get back to business as usual after last weeks dismal result at Walsall. We've reflected on that, and now is time to move on, with the excellent chance being presented with the visit of Gillingham. That's not to suggest it will be an easy victory, but without a win in 4, and three straight defeats you would 'assume' their 17th position is a fair reflection of their performances!!??

Anyway....

Any team news? :)

Riley a starting debut?

Has Lafferty recovered?

Keep it unchanged apart from Done definitely not being a starting replacement for Lafferty?

Not yet time to be concerned with other results BUT every little helps, and both Scunny, Southend, and Bolton all have tricky games today. Obviously the latter 2 against each other. In fact out of the top 7 or so, we are playing the lower positioned of their opponents....

However I expect a very competitive game this afternoon, but hopefully our class will bring us through. 3-1 Blades win

UTB

Very important to win today if we want to capitalise on this 3 home games opportunity.

We need to be getting at least 7 points and winning today will take the pressure off the other 2 games, especially Fleetwood which will be quite tough. Get this one out of the way then I'd back us all day long to get 4+ points from the next 2.

Looking forward to it anyway - which is still a refreshing thought.

Charlton v Scunthorpe postponed. Frozen pitch. Seems piss poor from Charlton.

I'll take that though, a good chance for us to build a gap and now they have to squeeze another difficult fixture in towards the business end.

Charlton v Scunthorpe postponed. Frozen pitch. Seems piss poor from Charlton.

I'll take that though, a good chance for us to build a gap and now they have to squeeze another difficult fixture in towards the business end.

Bolton off too!

This is it! This is where the Desso gets us promoted.

Anything that gives us a slight advantage, that extra 1%, is to be welcomed. The new pitch has already proven to be a good investment because it allows the team to play the type of football where they can completely control games. If it allows us to avoid fixture pile ups whilst those below us can't then it could prove invaluable.

Can't believe the Charlton game is off, don't they have under soil heating? Or can't they afford to switch it on? I thought they were the biggest club in the league ;)

Will Bash play today? Will he be in Eel's position? Will Jake play? Big decision for Chris as Eel was way off the pace last week. Don't rock the boat or give it a bit of a nudge?

Looking forward to this, be a great boost to get the three points what with the two main rivals games off.

UTB!

Can't believe the Charlton game is off, don't they have under soil heating? Or can't they afford to switch it on? I thought they were the biggest club in the league ;)

South of the river mate, they've only just got electricity....

Two spare tickets if anyone wants them?
PM me if you want them, cheers! Don't want anything for them.

Reactions: Dkc
Charlton would have been without 4 centre halves today so they've probably been throwing ice cubes on the pitch overnight !

Mmmm sounds a bit dodgy.

I do know that Charlton only had 1 fit centre back today and were really struggling to put out a decent defense. So it's great news for Charlton to call it off.

Bet someone forgot to put the plug in.

Anyone know if Clarke is injured ?
Not on the bench,replaced by McNuts. On the way out?

Back
Top Bottom