Marcus (aka boundsgreen) - RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blackheath Blade

Reaction score
Just a very sad note to let you all know of the tragic death of a Forum member yesterday, Tuesday 5 May in North London.
I've known Marcus approximately 30 years and am in total shock since hearing this news at lunchtime today.
Having lived in London for many years, he was invaluable to me when I moved down here by telling me where to live, where not to live and just as importantly, which pubs to drink in !!
When I got homesick, Marcus was the first person I called when I needed a lift, a chat and a beer. He was the person who introduced me to the London Blades and we shared some fabulous away days watching The Red & White Wizards.
I've no doubt that those who knew him well will be equally devastated at this news, and my thoughts are with his wife Kath at such a terrible time.

Good night pal, and God bless.

Your heartbroken mate

Andrew "Buck" Rodgers.

Just a very sad note to let you all know of the tragic death of a Forum member yesterday, Tuesday 5 May in North London.
I've known Marcus approximately 30 years and am in total shock since hearing this news at lunchtime today.
Having lived in London for many years, he was invaluable to me when I moved down here by telling me where to live, where not to live and just as importantly, which pubs to drink in !!
When I got homesick, Marcus was the first person I called when I needed a lift, a chat and a beer. He was the person who introduced me to the London Blades and we shared some fabulous away days watching The Red & White Wizards.
I've no doubt that those who knew him well will be equally devastated at this news, and my thoughts are with his wife Kath at such a terrible time.

Good night pal, and God bless.

Your heartbroken mate

Andrew "Buck" Rodgers.

In shock. Only met Marcus for the first time at Gillingham earlier this year, but was a top gent to talk to, and paid for my entrance when I had no cash.

Also remember him going bananas (as we all were) in the pub when we scored against Spurs.

Cheer us on from upstairs mate, I'll have an extra one for you on Thursday.

One of the funniest blokes I've ever met. I remember being sat in The Harp with him and SE1Blade after a match and he went on some insane monologue about growing up in Sheffield that was like something out of Paul Calf. People say they fell of their chair laughing, I honestly did. I also used to bump into him at Finsbury Park in the mornings fairly often when I worked on Holloway Road.

Top man. I'll miss him.

Very Sad news. I didn't know Marcus but it is still very upsetting to hear about a Blade passing away.
This must be the worst 12 months on record for well known Blades who were not very old passing away, I've never known anything like it in previous years.
Maybe supporting this club really is bad for your health.

Incredibly sad news to hear today.

Always had a good chat when our paths crossed at matches or indeed when we join the London Blades pre-match, one of the occasions which sticks out where I know a number of the non-London Blades on here had the pleasure of his acquaintance was on Tottenham Court Road before the Hull Semi Final - much to the bemusement of the non-Blades in there when we started making a bit of noise.

Our thoughts are very much with his family and close friends. I hope you London lot are all "okay", I'm sure that whilst tomorrow will certainly now be seen in a different light, you'll be raising a glass tomorrow to the man who should have been stood there with you and will be dearly missed.

RIP Marcus.

Incredibly sad news to hear today.

Always had a good chat when our paths crossed at matches or indeed when we join the London Blades pre-match, one of the occasions which sticks out where I know a number of the non-London Blades on here had the pleasure of his acquaintance was on Tottenham Court Road before the Hull Semi Final - much to the bemusement of the non-Blades in there when we started making a bit of noise.

Our thoughts are very much with his family and close friends. I hope you London lot are all "okay", I'm sure that whilst tomorrow will certainly now be seen in a different light, you'll be raising a glass tomorrow to the man who should have been stood there with you and will be dearly missed.

RIP Marcus.

We will do what we always do, drink lots, talk bollocks and sing a song or 5. Exactly what Marcus would have done.

What can I say?

You've probably all heard the tales of Blades days and drinking with Marcus from me and many others. As WalthamstowBlade says he was a very funny guy on those occasions. Me? I go back to the very first game of this season, Bristol City at the lane. London Blades decided to meet at the Hack and Hop and I met up with Marcus, outside having the inevitable fag and later Andy (Blackheath Blade ) joined us. You all know the result, so would expect a bit of a downer. Not With Marcus, as the three of us with another Andy did a bit of a crawl around the area, with Dylan, London's first curry, smashed pint glass in the Harp and the funniest comment from Marcus on the demise of music that gave him a new nickname from me (asked me or Blackheath)

A London Blades event will never be quite the same, again.

Missing you already, Buggles! RIP

Last edited:

An incredibly funny bloke, and a fellow Prog Rock sympathiser, except he'd managed to see all the cream of the crop at Sheffield City Hall first time around in the 70s, whereas I've had to get knock-offs, past sell-by dates and tribute bands.

His stories about his early days in London with dodgy squats and such like were truly entertaining. Also he looked as hard as nails, despite his slight frame and lack of height. Indeed, when I've described other away fans such as Southampton and Reading as looking like mummy's boys with sparkly clean shirts and neatly pressed scarves, and then gone on to say that United's away support by comparison are the meanest, hardest, care-worn looking lot you could wish (or not wish) to see, at least two London Blades have said to me, "You mean like Marcus?"

A true Blade. RIP matey.

DSCF2445.JPG
What can I say?

You've probably all heard the tales of Blades days and drinking with Marcus from me and many others. As WalthamstowBlade says he was a very funny guy on those occasions. Me? I go back to the very first game of this season, Bristol City at the lane. London Blades decided to meet at the Hack and Hop and I met up with Marcus, outside having the inevitable fag and later Andy (Blackheath Blade ) joined us. You all know the result, so would expect a bit of a downer. Not With Marcus, as the three of us with another Andy did a bit of a crawl around the area, with Dylan, London's first curry, smashed pint glass in the Harp and the funniest comment from Marcus on the demise of music that gave him a new nickname from me (asked me or Blackheath)

A London Blades event will never be quite the same, again.

Missing you already, Buggles! RIP

God bless mate

Saw Blackheath's original post yesterday and feared the worst.

The photo which appeared subsequently confirmed it was the guy I knew.

Marcus was one of the Hinde House/Herries crew if memory serves, a mate of a mate who met our Phil whilst part timing at Fine Fare (look it up kids) at Firth Park back in the seventies.

On my 18th birthday some 32 years ago he anchored our midfield under the lights on the all weather at Concord Park. Did a passable impersonation of Billy Bremner that night ( 5'4"" of barbed wire and all that) as our cobbled together Blades fans team overturned the much fancied and talked up Owls fans 5-1. We still talk about it to this day.

RIP Blade, love and condolences to all affected by this . Another one of our fraternity has slipped by way too soon.

If those footballing Gods do exist, and we all know they fucking do, let's hope they put past differences to one side over the next few weeks eh?

I knew of him rather than knowing him well. I lived in Bounds Green for two years in the early 1990s and if he was there then I didn't ever know that there was another Blade nearby.

RIP

The last words I ever said to him were after the 2nd leg of the Tottenham game in the maple leaf. "Marcus you muppet, what the fuck are you playing at?" after he'd drunkenly accused a bemused Spanish Martin Samuels lookalike of being a pimp for the 2 lovely ladies sat beside him.

A shame I didn't see him again.

Back
Top Bottom