Louis Reed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah, they're playing behind closed doors at St George's Park today. I believe there's another match on Saturday (against Switzerland again), this time in front of a crowd at Walsall's Banks's Stadium.

I suspect this might be about player development. If you play behind closed doors then that gives the team, collectively and individually, licence to try things without coming under scrutiny or self-serving hostile criticism.

That's my guess anyway.

Level-headed and talented...a potent force!

Louis Reed and dare I say, Kennedy too.

Yeah, they're playing behind closed doors at St George's Park today. I believe there's another match on Saturday (against Switzerland again), this time in front of a crowd at Walsall's Banks's Stadium.
Strange why it's being played behind closed doors, but yes according to the programme from the U17's game england u18's play Switzerland again on Saturday. Perhaps it's more of a relaxed game today giving lads a run out etc. good luck to Reedy!

Btw the england U17's played at Chesterfield on Monday night, my mate called at the last minute, normal entrance fee being £3 but he got 15 tickets for £7.50! Just over 3000 attendance - I didn't see the game advertised at all, I get loads of emails from the FA as I used to be in the England supporters club. They think nothing of bombarding you with england ticket news and women's football (no interest) but nothing about u17-u20 games. Pity really as there were some talented young players on show.

Players that stood out:
Yates (Everton) attacking fullback who likes to get stuck in
Edwards (Spurs) plays in a front three, comfortable out wide or through the middle, got a real bag of tricks.

I suspect this might be about player development. If you play behind closed doors then that gives the team, collectively and individually, licence to try things without coming under scrutiny or self-serving hostile criticism.

That's my guess anyway.

Perhaps some of our players would try things if they didn't come under scrutiny and self serving hostile criticism from some of our 'so-called' fans !

England u18 1-0 full time
In a goalless first half at St George’s Park, Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo – currently on loan at Wigan Athletic – struck the woodwork and Magpies forward Armstrong, along with Sheffield United’s Louis Reed, went close to grabbing an opener for the Young Lions.

From the FA website

New-boy Reed was next to try his luck. Josh Sims broke down the left and fed the ball to Armstrong, he cut it back to the debutant, but his side-footed strike curled just the wrong side of the post.

We have to keep this young talent UTB

Perhaps some of our players would try things if they didn't come under scrutiny and self serving hostile criticism from some of our 'so-called' fans !

If they can't handle the pressure maybe they should play at a lower level where there are less of these "so called fans"?

He's probably on of the most experienced players in that side, in terms of first team games. He seems like a really level headed, down to earth kid, and i think he will more likely go the way of Phil Jagielka, and stay with us for years to come, and not like Jordan Slew, who took his first offer.

By total chance I was talking to a family friend of his last night. Sounds like he couldn't wish for a more supportive and level headed family.

If they can't handle the pressure maybe they should play at a lower level where there are less of these "so called fans"?

There is a chance that they will not be able to handle "pressure" (ie self-serving abuse) bc they are u18.

As a development team they need freedom to try things without fear of failure.

As I understand it parents have limited access to academy games right from the early age groups for a similar reason. Stage mums, and dads, and all that.

As I understand it parents have limited access to academy games right from the early age groups for a similar reason. Stage mums, and dads, and all that.

Interesting comment about mums and dads. - I watched my kid from U8 all the way through to U16 and a lot upto U18 - a herd of wild wilderbeasts wouldn't keep me away.

UTB

Interesting comment about mums and dads. - I watched my kid from U8 all the way through to U16 and a lot upto U18 - a herd of wild wilderbeasts wouldn't keep me away.

UTB

My experience was being told that the Academy more than happy for me to watch training and matches.. but to leave the coaching to the coaches. And this was respected by the parents there. Which it was the same with Sunday league football, in contrast...

100% agree... keep me away if you can.

Back
Top Bottom