Looking ahead

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Neil smith

Reaction score
who could mr Mcabe sell in January ? There isn't anyone left he's sold everyone that maybe show prospect or be ok at football ??? Sharp any offers ??

Maybe Lavery if he proves to be more than just a lump / headless chicken. We're not allowed anybody who's not one or the other.

who could mr Mcabe sell in January ? There isn't anyone left he's sold everyone that maybe show prospect or be ok at football ??? Sharp any offers ??
I half hope Simon Moore has a 'Long' around Christmas time.
Good keepers are always on the shopping list.

Dunno about January, but I can predict we'll be looking at lavery or Ben Whitemans imminent departure around this time next year, maybe both like Adams and dcl...

Looking ahead, I am much more optimistic than I was when Adkins was here, in spite of the dreadful start to the season.

UTB

Whoever it is, we'll sell them for a pittance when their "real" value will be elevated to tens of millions.

Wilder: "so I can spent what we've made on DCL and Che then boss?"

Kev:
81bgk.jpg

It's catch 22.

If we're crap and in the bottom half the good news is
"We won't be selling anyone for anything substantial, we get to keep our players"

However if we have a promotion run with players playing above league 1 level
Then expect that player to want to play in the Championship for a big pay rise.

It's called business the best players in league 1 are often cherry picked and it's getting worse each year. As the finances between the divisions gets bigger.

The only hope is promotion THEN we get to keep our best players unless a PL team offers rediculously money. But business principles effect every club. Even Man Utd are a selling club when they get a bid they can't refuse.

If things go to plan, we won't need to sell anyone else. We still may sell players if we get the right offers but we won't need to like we do now.

Our wage bill must have been seriously chopped by now, even taking into account the unwanted pay-offs of Hammond and Woolford (might not have had to sell both Che and DCL if we hadn't had to pay those two turkeys off) we must have cut it a lot and we've still got a few who only have this season left on their contracts.

It's close to manageable now and the owners will probably stop shitting themselves over potential losses and start running the club properly. Hopefully they'll grow two pairs and not sack Wilder unless we look like getting relegated; they've given him a very difficult job and they have to give him the time to do it.

.United cant win

first its weve too many wage stealers , that arent good enough in a bloated squad

now suddenly
we are selling the family silver

forgotten already how tarnished youd all said it was

so long as the argument United are doing it wrong keeps up eh

can some make their minds up
every players thats left so far has had detractors , big style
now we undermining our future

which is it
I get accused of changing my mind over Adkins , only when he proved how inept he was
theres lots in here urging we we oust players
then
why are we selling them, they are irreplaceable

.United cant win

first its weve too many wage stealers , that arent good enough in a bloated squad

now suddenly

which is it
I get accused of changing my mind over Adkins , only when he proved how inept he was
then
No, it's you that is trying to have it both ways.

When they are here, they are brilliant and when they've gone they were shit. According to you.

Jamie Murphy ringing any bells.

.United cant win

now suddenly

which is it
then

Keep your best, sell your worst.simple.

No, it's you that is trying to have it both ways.

When they are here, they are brilliant and when they've gone they were shit. According to you.

Jamie Murphy ringing any bells.

yes he did us no favours was invisible in the play offs v swindon
walked round like a statue at gillingham to force a move grade A shit

Back
Top Bottom