Loan Updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No DCL by the way because he hasn't started a game for Northampton this month so next to nothing has been said about him on the Cobblers forums

What you expect with Higdon, great review for Khan, not as glowing as I would have expected for McNuts, disappointing review of Tel.

No DCL by the way because he hasn't started a game for Northampton this month so next to nothing has been said about him on the Cobblers forums

Disappointing to hear that, given the previous month's assessment.

Very interesting, especially the rave reviews for Willis and Khan. Don't really see why Adkins doesn't give those two an opportunity - surely they can't do worse than some of the current 1st team squad

Barrow are in the 5th tier and Matlock in the 7th tier. The fact that they perform well there may just suggest that they have found their level....

Barrow are in the 5th tier and Matlock in the 7th tier. The fact that they perform well there may just suggest that they have found their level....

Or, as many young up and coming players do, get loaned out to lower league clubs to gain experience, learn their trade and come back a better player

I see nowt wrong with that and far better than the familiarity that comes with playing once in a while for the youth team

Or, as many young up and coming players do, get loaned out to lower league clubs to gain experience, learn their trade and come back a better player

I see nowt wrong with that and far better than the familiarity that comes with playing once in a while for the youth team

I don't see anything wrong with it either. I just suggesting that performing well at the 5th and 7th level is not good evidence that you would perform well at the 3rd level.

But as for Willis, I note he is 21 now and has been in and around the first team squad for 3 years without ever getting a game and various managers have brought in various other goalies to act as third choice behind Howard and Long (Coyne and Turner). I also note he is being loaned at out, not even at conference level, or even conference 2 level, but at Northern Premier League level.

I have nothing against the chap, but all the evidence suggests he is unlikely to make it as a league player.

Vardy did quite well when given his chance at a higher level.

Indeed, but I am sure you will agree that if someone is playing at the 7th level at age 21, it's far more likely that is indeed their level than they will do a Vardy.

Roygbiv

Brilliant mate, it's nice to see that although they're scoring (Higdon and mcnults) some fans are seeing glimpses of what we've seen, and let's be honest as far as higdon and Alcock going nobody was bothered in the slightest when they went out..

Love the effort you put in here, one of the highlights on s24su..

Back
Top Bottom