Loan Updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sounds good on all the young lads, less than impressive was Higdon's write up. I was expecting the Oldham fans to be chomping at the bit for him to be signed up full time, what with him having a scoring record akin to Pele's.

Higdon is shite. Even Oldham fans where he's scored 2 in 3 think so.

Sounds good on all the young lads, less than impressive was Higdon's write up. I was expecting the Oldham fans to be chomping at the bit for him to be signed up full time, what with him having a scoring record akin to Pele's.

You make me laugh, your like the guy on trip adviser who won't book a hotel because it has 2 bad reviews out of 20.

If I'd visited said hotel first hand and realised just how shit, fat, slow and filthy it was - damn right I wouldn't book it

The point i was trying to make was about 16 out of the 21 reviews on him were good and you seem to pick on the 5 that aren't

The point i was trying to make was about 16 out of the 21 reviews on him were good and you seem to pick on the 5 that aren't

Of those 21, nearly every one says how slow he is. And there aren't many 'complimenting' him they are mostly talking about him being effective.
In the same way that dropping a cannon on the centre circle would be effective.

For us, he's been cack. No effort, no enthusiasm, silly red cards and no ability. Get shut ASAP.

If Higdon were a hotel...........
6072260018_70cf02ec37.jpg

I think Oldham fans need to be a bit more realistic. Higdon has helped them get two valuable points away at Gillingham and Port Vale, two sides that we coincidently lost comfortably to. He's not the best or quickest player but he can quite clearly put the ball in the onion bag when played effectively, or have i missed something and don't goals count now?

The three young lads seem to be impressing in the right way, overall, in a struggling Halifax side.

Higdon is garbage. They will soon realise this.

Effective if; 1) the ball is played straight to him and not a yard either side. 2) he has players in very close proximity.

^ That is bottom end League 2 stuff.

Clough assembled a dreadful squad, what a mess he left us in.

Higdon is garbage. They will soon realise this.

Effective if; 1) the ball is played straight to him and not a yard either side. 2) he has players in very close proximity.

^ That is bottom end League 2 stuff.

Clough assembled a dreadful squad, what a mess he left us in.

No - It's you spouting garbage - whilst Higdon may be not an Alan Shearer he will certainly get goals at this level !
He's scored 2 in 2 at L1 level not bottom end L2 level
Wait until his loan spell ends and then make a valid comment - rather than talking out of your arse !

Higden, deceptively effective, very heavy and very slow but could be a good signing, a real experienced player with a bit of know how.”

“Big Higgy gave us a physical presence, which is more than what we’ve had. He makes Ron Futcher look like
Linford Christie, but at least we’ve got something to aim at. “

“Higdon looked a real asset when in a forward two”

“Higdon needs support, although I would fancy my chances against him in a foot race. “

“Higdon contributed once he had team mates close to him.”

“higdon was a handful all game “

“Higdon will do well for us.”

“mom for me was Higdon”

“i thought higdon put a right shift in tonight, won practically every header, not all finding their target, granted he is slow but i thought he was good, poleon doing the running who i thought was excellent, thought both worked well together, definately looked dangerous in attack tonight”

“He’s good Higdon.
Told my boss he wont settle at BP cos hes a unit and the fans will hate him. Seems Im right. 2 games 2 direct contributions to the scoresheet.
Fuckin shit fat slow bastard.”

“ A goal, an assist, hitting the post, holding the ball up, winning headers, being in position for other chances”

“Higdon is exactly what we need.
Different to the series of lightweight strikers we’ve got on the books and he’s smart too. “

“Ironically Higdon is ideal in a 451 or 433 to hold the ball up and bring in the other two attackers (433) or midfield.”

“Thought Higdon played well”

“Higdon is a great addition, certainly can bully”

Im pleased he has scored a couple for Oldham andI hold no grudge against the bloke but he is absolutely not a replacement for anything we have up front. If we intend to get promoted lets leave him at Oldham and worry about defenders and midfielders rather than an area of the team we dont currently have issues with.

Im pleased he has scored a couple for Oldham andI hold no grudge against the bloke but he is absolutely not a replacement for anything we have up front. If we intend to get promoted lets leave him at Oldham and worry about defenders and midfielders rather than an area of the team we dont currently have issues with.
Totally agree with this. It's the Oldham fans that need to realise what they've got rather than us worry about losing him, although his goalscoring record prior to us wasn't too shabby, some of our fans need to realise he's not as shite as they think but also at the same time someone we don't need to worry too much about when we release him at the end of his contract.

He can get goals when played right and when i watched him pre season he looked trimmer than ever and looked really up for it, unfortunately for him we have a more mobile forward with similar attributes to his.

Higden, deceptively effective, very heavy and very slow but could be a good signing, a real experienced player with a bit of know how.”

“Big Higgy gave us a physical presence, which is more than what we’ve had. He makes Ron Futcher look like
Linford Christie, but at least we’ve got something to aim at. “

“Higdon looked a real asset when in a forward two”

“Higdon needs support, although I would fancy my chances against him in a foot race. “

“Higdon contributed once he had team mates close to him.”

“higdon was a handful all game “

“Higdon will do well for us.”

“mom for me was Higdon”

“i thought higdon put a right shift in tonight, won practically every header, not all finding their target, granted he is slow but i thought he was good, poleon doing the running who i thought was excellent, thought both worked well together, definately looked dangerous in attack tonight”

“He’s good Higdon.
Told my boss he wont settle at BP cos hes a unit and the fans will hate him. Seems Im right. 2 games 2 direct contributions to the scoresheet.
Fuckin shit fat slow bastard.”

“ A goal, an assist, hitting the post, holding the ball up, winning headers, being in position for other chances”

“Higdon is exactly what we need.
Different to the series of lightweight strikers we’ve got on the books and he’s smart too. “

“Ironically Higdon is ideal in a 451 or 433 to hold the ball up and bring in the other two attackers (433) or midfield.”

“Thought Higdon played well”

“Higdon is a great addition, certainly can bully”
Third from last quote. Some strikers are better, and prefer to play, as a lone striker.

Agreed. I think he's way down the pecking order on Nigel Adkins' chicken farm.

But I think those quotes show that dismissal of his abilities is and was wrong.

We need to, er, slim the squad and if Higdon can free up a place for, say, a squad midfielder we'll have a better balance.

Back
Top Bottom