Loan Updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

I think Brooks is 18 and Hamilton is 20. Could be wrong though. They are both classed as midfielders but I haven't seen them play so couldn't tell you what types

Cloughie signed Brooks from Man City. I vaguely remember this. He wasn't getting chances in their set up.

Found this, with a goal from DCL and from Brooks - they're the first two on the video

I don't think DCL is by nature a centre-forward at all. Didn't he come to prominence as a midfielder with attacking propensities (I don't use the phrase "attacking midfielder" - that's an excuse to do half a job!) in the u-18s?

I don't think DCL is by nature a centre-forward at all. Didn't he come to prominence as a midfielder with attacking propensities (I don't use the phrase "attacking midfielder" - that's an excuse to do half a job!) in the u-18s?

Attacking midfielders are only doing half a job? Is that the same for Mata, Iniesta, Ozil etc?

Very strange on DCL, the comments are polar opposites hahaha. Some think he's a headless chicken some think he's much better than the lad they've just sold to Newcastle.

Halifax seem to like the look of Brooks and Hamilton, Brooks whenever I've seen him looks like a more intelligent Scougall.

Very good comments from Halifax on Brooks and Hamilton. DCL looks to have split the crowds thoughts. Though a friend I have who goes to Northampton games raves about him

cheers again roy keep up the good work love the view from. i always look forward to the view from its replaced the green un for me always used to love a pint and a read of the green un now got a replacement so thanks to you mate .

How old are Brooks and Hamilton and where do they play? I can't remember either of those two to be honest.

I think Brooks is 18 and Hamilton is 20. Could be wrong though. They are both classed as midfielders but I haven't seen them play so couldn't tell you what types

Brooks is a central midfield playmaker. He's a typical Clough signing in that he's about 5'8" and 10 stone wet through but he's technically gifted and has an eye for a pass.

Hamilton is a left winger we picked up from Watford (I think) a couple of years back. He's quick and direct.

Since Premier Manager 2 I've had a soft spot for Halifax so it's good to see these guys on loan there doing well.

Good stuff, and a great site Roy! Hope you get some returns for your efforts via the click through ads. I have a website that has google ads on but I don't get many hits so don't make owt, but a mate of mine has one that gets pretty busy at certains times of the year and he can make quite a bit from it.

Cheers Roy. Good reading as always.

DCL started as a central midfield player but since his massive growth spurt (think he went from about 5”9 to 6”2 in just over a year) he has been tried at centre forward and done well. I’ve seen little of him but am told he has a great leap and a great touch. When I have seen him, he has looked very lightweight though and unable to compete physically with league 1 centre halves.

The question then is, do we get him to hit the weights to bulk up at the possible expense of loss of pace or do we wait to see if he naturally grows into his frame and fills out sufficiently to become more competitive?

Hamilton is a left winger I believe who is quick and tricky but so far, lacking in end product while I’ve seen Brooks being described as similar to Reed. i.e. diminutive, clever ball playing midfielder.

Good stuff, and a great site Roy! Hope you get some returns for your efforts via the click through ads. I have a website that has google ads on but I don't get many hits so don't make owt, but a mate of mine has one that gets pretty busy at certains times of the year and he can make quite a bit from it.

I don't make a penny as I decided to leave the ads off but it seems that WordPress are putting their own ads on there so in the next few weeks I'm going to see about switching on something that could maybe make me a bit. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise but if WordPress are making money through a blog I've created then I may as well. I didn't realise there were any ads on it until a friend told me last week.

I don't make a penny as I decided to leave the ads off but it seems that WordPress are putting their own ads on there so in the next few weeks I'm going to see about switching on something that could maybe make me a bit. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise but if WordPress are making money through a blog I've created then I may as well. I didn't realise there were any ads on it until a friend told me last week.
wordpress you cheeky twats ..

Since Premier Manager 2 I've had a soft spot for Halifax so it's good to see these guys on loan there doing well.

Here is a funny bit of trivia, the bloke on the far right of the back row, on the cover of the Premier Manager 2 game, is the Man City fan that brought all those balloons to the cup game at BDTBL in 2008, when half their players were kicking wildly at balloons allowing Luton Shelton to score! Click on the link for the box cover.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/108173/2425536-premier_manager_2_amiga_box_art.jpg

This is worth a read for you then mate: https://en.support.wordpress.com/advertising/

I'm sure Linz and Foxy would rather you kept all your stuff on here, though! Keep it going, either way.

Back
Top Bottom