Loan deadline day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

judge

Reaction score
Rest assured our transfer committee are hard at work behind the scenes

Rest assured our transfer committee are hard at work behind the scenes
JS50639761.jpg

macfadzeans gone on loan to stevenage
so thats one out
just 6 or 7 to go

I keep forgetting he's still at the club. Whilst he is an utter prick he's probably the best we have have in that position. Although, I'm behind kicking the pricks out

I've read that sentence several times and I still don't know what position that is. Is it the 'being on loan to a League 2 side' position?

so, out left wing options are:

Martin Woolford
Che can't mark, tackle, move, defend, stand in the right place Adams
JCR on the wrong wing.
Comedy Baxter. Che Adams x5.

Our best CB is on loan to league 2

Martin Woolford
JCR on the wrong wing.

Our best CB might be. Our best LW certainly isn't. Adams (despite his rawness), JCR (despite him being better on the right) are quite visibly better players that McFadzean is probably likely to ever be.

Martin Woolford
JCR on the wrong wing.

Sorry to nip in here, but how has Che gone from Hero to Zero in such a short time? Is he playing out of position or was the good form a flash in the pan from a kid yet to learn his trade?

Sorry to nip in here, but how has Che gone from Hero to Zero in such a short time? Is he playing out of position or was the good form a flash in the pan from a kid yet to learn his trade?
Adams is struggling at the moment his first touch is terrible at the moment.
He's certainly a talent a confidence thing I reckon.

I think he's believing the hype about him rather than the 'he's got a lot to learn yet' that's been said about his talents. Seems he's gone from humble and appreciating the chance he's been given to thinking the phone will be ringing from Spurs any day now.

Head's gone!

There has been something of the Prima Donna about Che's performances on the pitch of late to my mind. I don't think the England call-up did him any favours to be honest.

Che plays well about one game in six, or something like that, seems to go missing at times and, as already said, his first touch is awful. That being said, he can make things happen and has the upper body strength to shrug off a challenge when racing towards goal.

I'm sure he now has a reputation as a 'diver', He frustratingly does it all the time, gets near a goal scoring opportunity and goes down. He has been awful for a few games now, but not dropped, Why? I'm sure he has great latent potential, but that's all it is at the moment, potential.. He needs to lose the ego and wake up and realise he's playing in and part of a woeful third division side.

I think a lot of this has stemmed from shifting him around. For me he's the poorest of our options up front – he's just not got the brains for the position yet. He also seems far more effective on the left than right. He was doing fine as part of the Ilkeston Left – and seemed to be getting the hang of when to drop off the wing and head to the box from that position – his goals against Rochdale displayed this perfectly. Getting Adams back to the left, JCR back to the right, would in my view be a worthwhile first step on changing things for Saturday.

I think he's believing the hype about him rather than the 'he's got a lot to learn yet' that's been said about his talents. Seems he's gone from humble and appreciating the chance he's been given to thinking the phone will be ringing from Spurs any day now.

Head's gone!
One trick pony out and out finisher but not much more to his game. Either that or he's waiting for a big London club to get him a la Walker

See that the pigs got a promising young midfielder from Liverpool in. Meanwhile, we tried, but just couldn't get things over the line, etc, etc, etc (actually we didn't even bother trying this time).

My, how we laughed when Tunaboy came in with his pie-in-the-sky promises & they appointed that serial failure of a Portuguese coach... Now they're putting in a serious challenge to go up to the prem while we're doing our utmost to become a Notts County or a Port Vale.

Wendy somehow lucking out & starting to rise above their perennial averageness just adds insult to injury right now.

Keep Done and Brayford for next year and release the other 41 :D

See that the pigs got a promising young midfielder from Liverpool in. Meanwhile, we tried, but just couldn't get things over the line, etc, etc, etc (actually we didn't even bother trying this time).

My, how we laughed when Tunaboy came in with his pie-in-the-sky promises & they appointed that serial failure of a Portuguese coach... Now they're putting in a serious challenge to go up to the prem while we're doing our utmost to become a Notts County or a Port Vale.

Wendy somehow lucking out & starting to rise above their perennial averageness just adds insult to injury right now.
Fuck em

Some fans make me laugh. One minute we’re moaning that we’ll sell Adams for £2-3 million, the next, we’re ready to release him. Long, Brayford, Basham, Freeman, Adams, Done, Sharp are all players that are worth having around in the re-build. Adams in particular is a big asset. There might be question marks over his application (amongst several others) in recent games but he definitely has talent. I for one hope he doesn’t go anywhere any time soon. I do with though that we’d kept Murphy though as we’re seeing the pitfalls of relying on a 19 year old kid week in week out.

Some fans make me laugh. One minute we’re moaning that we’ll sell Adams for £2-3 million, the next, we’re ready to release him. Long, Brayford, Basham, Freeman, Adams, Done, Sharp are all players that are worth having around in the re-build. Adams in particular is a big asset. There might be question marks over his application (amongst several others) in recent games but he definitely has talent. I for one hope he doesn’t go anywhere any time soon. I do with though that we’d kept Murphy though as we’re seeing the pitfalls of relying on a 19 year old kid week in week out.
It took Murphy a year to settle in and he was far more experienced than Che. After his first few games most people would have carried him back to Motherwell on their shoulders.
We should have had five potential replacements for Murphy lined up because he was obviously the most likely to leave after we failed in the play-offs. All five should have been scouted and watched by two separate scouts and a senior member of the coaching staff, if not the manager himself.
But obviously we didn't because we haven't got a scouting network and rely solely on managers that we keep sacking.

Back
Top Bottom