Line Up v Hartlepool

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
With all the internationals (wow) and suspensions, and injuries... who plays on Tuesday? Especially in the centre of the park.

Do we go with:
Long
Alcock - McGahey - Wallace (think he's back) - McFadzean
Khan - Dimaio? - Cuvelier? - Woolford
Diego
McNulty

And experiment, hoping that's enough?
I'm more bothered about injuries and would rather take the fine for not playing a certain number of first teamers than risk a pull/strain.

Cuvelier features for the under 21's the other day, think he would be good for an hour. He needs to get back playing before he's to far down the pecking order to get back in.

With all the internationals (wow) and suspensions, and injuries... who plays on Tuesday? Especially in the centre of the park.

Do we go with:
Long
Diego
McNulty

I'm more bothered about injuries and would rather take the fine for not playing a certain number of first teamers than risk a pull/strain.

Cuvelier features for the under 21's the other day, think he would be good for an hour. He needs to get back playing before he's to far down the pecking order to get back in.

No Higgo?

Do we go with:
Long
Diego
McNulty

The rules of the competition limit your choices.

There's a thread about this from yesterday I think.

Six of the *starting* team I think.

Or six of the starting team from the next League game I think. Details in thread already mentioned. Can't post it from my phone very easily.

think someone on here last week said that rule was scrapped this year? Can't find any info on the web more recent than about 2013/14 to confirm this. JPT website info on rules is from last season, bit of a joke really.

think someone on here last week said that rule was scrapped this year? Can't find any info on the web more recent than about 2013/14 to confirm this. JPT website info on rules is from last season, bit of a joke really.

A bit like this competition.

Do we go with:
Long
Diego
McNulty

Adkins as good as said Long would be in goal. Kieran Wallace got a one match ban so should be available in the back 4 as you mention, same as at Fulham. Higgo and Sparky up front?

Do we go with:
Long
Diego
McNulty

Are we allowed to play that side? Think Howard may play one less to worry about from needing so many from the weekends team. Higgo will play I am sure.

Yes , its meant to make teams take it more serious apparently...

Balls to that, send the youth, and to really fuck em, send morgs to manage the game and have Adkins at base sorting the transfers, not travelling to Hartlepool

Adkins has already said that Long will play, and that he is hoping to play Flynn & Kennedy too following their U21 appearances last week. Both haven't featured in the U21 today, so you'd expect them to start. De Girolamo is in today's team, so presumably not starting tomorrow.

I reckon it'll be:

Long
Freeman Kennedy Wallace McEveley
Flynn Basham Reed Adams
Sharp McNulty

Thought the reason he brought Higgs Bison on was so he could legitimately play him in this competition. I think if he fails to score or puts in a half hearted display then his days are numbered.

Adkins has already said that Long will play, and that he is hoping to play Flynn & Kennedy too following their U21 appearances last week. Both haven't featured in the U21 today, so you'd expect them to start. De Girolamo is in today's team, so presumably not starting tomorrow.

I reckon it'll be:

Long
Freeman Kennedy Wallace McEveley
Flynn Basham Reed Adams
Sharp McNulty
Thought Adams and Reed gone on international duty now? Wallace suspended is well

Thought Adams and Reed gone on international duty now? Wallace suspended is well

Aha, forgot about the internationals. Wallace is a one game ban I think (anything more usually for violence, dangerous challenges, or if it's not first red of the season).

In that case:
Long
Freeman, Kennedy, Collins, McEveley
Flynn, Basham, Scougs (if fit, Woolford if not), Campbell-Ryce
Sharp, McNulty

We got fined last season for fielding a team against Hartlepool that broke the rules despite that we won 2-1

Thought the reason he brought Higgs Bison on was so he could legitimately play him in this competition. I think if he fails to score or puts in a half hearted display then his days are numbered.

good point that. Probably same reason he brought Alcock on after 88 minutes.

Three of our starters from Sat are now on international duty, so I think we can get away with only starting three.

if that's the case then we can field the same team as for Fulham given the subs used on saturday, assuming James Wallace is fit.

We got fined last season for fielding a team against Hartlepool that broke the rules despite that we won 2-1

yeah, I think they were talking about the rules this season having changed though. Can't find owt on it so I'm assuming not now. Not bothered at all about JPT just wouldn't want us to get any injuries to key players.

Back
Top Bottom