Lies, half truths, smoke and mirrors and backtracking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
The Sheffield United managers' story. Opening for panto at the Crucible in December. Starring the Chuckle Brothers and Marlon King.

This club is an utter shambles.

• Banned
yes, apart from another year of bullshit from club stupid.

The Sheffield United managers' story. Opening for panto at the Crucible in December. Starring the Chuckle Brothers and Marlon King.

You
Ahh, fire sale, club going bust.
You ought to be ashamed of yourself...think I've heard you on the kop giving it large one minute into the game! Real fan? I doubt it...

Has something changed to bring on this fit of peak? Your dog died or something? As I understand it nothing has changed apart from the Manager. McCabe is still at the top of the tree with the plastic prince (think we might have got the only one who actually doesn't have any money or oil). When the management at the top doesn't change why would you expect anything to be any different. Apart from we don't have any good player to sell any longer.

Oh hang on I just spied this.....http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...monitoring-blades-striker-che-adams-1-7991264 We do have someone worth selling. Bye then Che.

We've shelled out gods knows how much on:
  • Very good contracts for shit players
  • Paying up those contracts (well we're trying to)
  • Sacking manager after manager
  • Paying compensation for a new manager
No wonder we ain't got a pot to piss in! How is doing the above and having no long term strategy going to move the club forward? It's a vicious cycle of failure to get promoted and sack the manager.

We have to have a long term view past this season, if Wilder finishes mid table that doesn't mean he must be sacked, we need a longer term view so we can have some continuity in the squad and not be revamping it every window because the new manager doesn't rate the previous manager's players.

The Un named prem club... Never going to be hull city in a million years is it, because they know how we run our club....desperately need to sell a player or the owners have to use thier cash to pay the players..

Murphy.
Macdonald
Maguire
Next will be Adams..

That cunting prince and his " we don't need to sell anymore" sounds a bit hollow now doesn't it...

Nothing will change until the two Bob millionaires have gone, and those twats ain't going nowhere..

The Un named prem club... Never going to be hull city in a million years is it, because they know how we run our club....desperately need to sell a player or the owners have to use thier cash to pay the players..

Murphy.
Macdonald
Maguire
Next will be Adams..

That cunting prince and his " we don't need to sell anymore" sounds a bit hollow now doesn't it...

Nothing will change until the two Bob millionaires have gone, and those twats ain't going nowhere..
This year Adams looked slower than he did when he first came to us so I am still not sure if he can do well in the higher division

This year Adams looked slower than he did when he first came to us so I am still not sure if he can do well in the higher division
Agreed, but in his defence he's just had a year of being bamboozled by Adkins and is at a club with an established drinking culture. A more professional environment might help him kick on.

Agreed, but in his defence he's just had a year of being bamboozled by Adkins and is at a club with an established drinking culture. A more professional environment might help him kick on.
Yeah I think that's very true. I hope Chris Wilder can get more out of him than we saw last season, because based on similar performance, I'd be pleased to see him sold to the highest bidder.

Agreed, but in his defence he's just had a year of being bamboozled by Adkins and is at a club with an established drinking culture.
I blame all the Scottish players we employed. Not only that another wasted fortune on several dispensers mounted in the changing room now that they all have to use constantly topped up with Sun block!

Robbie was one of them kids.

Going to the seaside in the car with his dad. After 10 minutes "dad, are we there yet'?

No we've just set off and will be about 2 hours.

After another 10 minutes "dad are we there yet, surely 2 hours are up now "? Etc etc.

I suppose Robbie seriously thinks we'll start the first match with 6 players. Just calm down and have some bottle. We will make some signings before the season starts and the great news is, this time we're not being held to ransom.

Murphy.
Macdonald
Maguire
Next will be Adams..

Don't worry! According to that Stir article:

Although United have no plans to part company with Adams, they have a plethora of options in attack and could recruit a targetman during this summer’s window.

So assuming Che is on his way for an 'undisclosed' fee, Billy gets injured or suspended, where the fuck is this 'plethora' (or is he the mystery new targetman?) Maybe Sammon could be recalled?

Agreed. If we did sell Adams I'd be disappointed but it won't be quite in the same league as it was with McDonald, Maguire or Murphy.

Adams would be more like halfway between Jordan Slew and Nick Blackman and all depends on the transfer fee.

I must admit, I may have had one or ten when I posted that. Fit of pique, maybe, but we're now getting the same old guff we've had before.

A few things.

I'm not calling Wilder a liar, I'm saying other United managers may have been.

I keep hearing I can trust Wilder because he's a Blade. I'm not sure why this means I should automatically trust someone. Our chairman's a Blade.....

I keep hearing that he 'tells it like it is' and is a 'straight talker'. He was when he signed. He seems to be doing less of this by the day.

Well Sheffsteel I was told by our manager we would be.

I was annoyed enough to post this thread after the comments from the fan meeting regarding transfers. If a manager in an organisation keeps raising your expectations that something will happen and then repeatedly saying 'sorry, but next week...' then that's not only bad management of expectations it's also bad management. True, football is a different beast, but unless you're extremely confident you can deiver something, don't say you will.

I must admit, I may have had one or ten when I posted that. Fit of pique, maybe, but we're now getting the same old guff we've had before.

A few things.

I keep hearing I can trust Wilder because he's a Blade. I'm not sure why this means I should automatically trust someone. Our chairman's a Blade.....

I keep hearing that he 'tells it like it is' and is a 'straight talker'. He was when he signed. He seems to be doing less of this by the day.

I was annoyed enough to post this thread after the comments from the fan meeting regarding transfers. If a manager in an organisation keeps raising your expectations that something will happen and then repeatedly saying 'sorry, but next week...' then that's not only bad management of expectations it's also bad management. True, football is a different beast, but unless you're extremely confident you can deiver something, don't say you will.

But unfortunately for Wilder - saying nothing at all is viewed as even worse management!

A few things.

Golden rule of football forums - don't drink and post!

I was about to question how much sand had made its way into your vagina and how it had got there, but I'll let it slide.

A few things.

Win / Lose situation.

If he doesnt mention it, everyone pisses and moans, if he does mention it and they dont get over the line within that exact period, everyone pisses and moans.

I would literally prefer managers to never interact with the media, just a massive waste of time.

Really? Did we not go through this last season with reports of man city watching him? And where did he go? O yeah that's right no where.

I like che adams and think he could grow into a very good player it he is given time and can progress but right now I don't think he is any where near enough for the prem. He is still raw and young and still has a lot to learn. I think it would be a real risk for some one in the prem to buy him.

Although that said I would be a little disappointed if he went as I think he is a good league one player, that in the right team he could be a force to be reckoned with and hopefully he will continue to grow. I don't think we have seen the best out of him yet but if the price is right we might be best moving him on.

True, but there's such a thing as over-promising. Better to say what you hope to do and then caveat it. "I hope to have a couple in next week" means we expect a couple in next week. "I hope to have a couple in next week, but it might take longer" at least lowers expectations.

It's not really Wilder's fault as such. We've just heard this so many times before by so many different managers and we all know the outcomes.

Win / Lose situation.

If he doesnt mention it, everyone pisses and moans, if he does mention it and they dont get over the line within that exact period, everyone pisses and moans.

I would literally prefer managers to never interact with the media, just a massive waste of time.

People have been moaning about every manager's interviews since Dave Bassett and are never happy. It's usually the same people!

Back
Top Bottom