Let's Hope

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
that Wilder has already submitted his wanted list already, there are no loans next season so if we do what we usually do in the following order
-wait while June as that's when contracts end
- wait while July as players agents are on hols
- wait while August as players are all back in training and we need to wait for right players
-wait till last day in window as 'deals need other deals to happen'
Followed by "er there's always the loan window " well there won't be this time.

We need our squad in place and functioning when training starts Or we'll then be hearing that old "take time to gel" line....

We haven't been involved in the Play Offs either, so that's one more excuse they can't use. We did well with sacking NA to bring in CW just a few days after the season finale, now we need to make signings early in the summer for once.

Lots of significant squad numbers up for grabs -

2 (very probably)
4 (very probably)
8 (very probably)

Some transformation on its way, that.

That first signing should give an indication what to expect...

that Wilder has already submitted his wanted list already, there are no loans next season so if we do what we usually do in the following order
-wait while June as that's when contracts end
- wait while July as players agents are on hols
- wait while August as players are all back in training and we need to wait for right players
-wait till last day in window as 'deals need other deals to happen'
Followed by "er there's always the loan window " well there won't be this time.

We need our squad in place and functioning when training starts Or we'll then be hearing that old "take time to gel" line....

You mean plan for the future? Hmm we don't seem to do things like that

That said things might be different now after more than 5 years in League 1.

I can see us getting extremely frustrated and angry on here over the next five or six weeks .

I really hope we're not planning on excusing inactivity by going through the same old motions.

Knowing this club there'll be some sort of obscure reason stopping any signings. Unluckily for them, the squad is smaller than ever and there's not too many excuses they can choose from this time.

With the task he's got on his hands we could've done with a bit of activity already. Other clubs have done so without anywhere near the type of rebuild required. If not, things ought to get moving pretty sharpish.

Dont see the issue with a couple of good quality loans for the season, go up and we could potentially sign them anyway. Avoiding the likes of Hammond and Sammon though...

Wilder strikes me as quite a typical no-nonsense Sheffielder. Cant imagine him sitting around waiting for things to happen, he'll be out making them happen. If they aren't going to happen he'll move on, clearly the player doesn't want to play for us enough. Unlike Clough and Adkins who, for as much as people blame the board, did neglect strengthening key areas because they were chasing players that didn't come all summer.

What the fourpence are you posters on about? Each and every one on here?

We have a seasoned manager and yet all of you are whittering on about all this and that to do with nothing that matters at all.

Chris Wilder knows what he's doing. Just because you lot are sat at home with nothing better to do than rant on about this and that, tittle tattle and ' bored-old- men- speak' (you may be young god help you).
'
The new manager has a job and he'll do it to his best ability and it will all take shape as it happens.

Grow up lads, sit on your typing hands and wait for it to happen, FGS. Show a bit of maturity and class. Give the man a bit of credit.

What the fourpence are you posters on about? Each and every one on here?

We have a seasoned manager and yet all of you are whittering on about all this and that to do with nothing that matters at all.

Chris Wilder knows what he's doing. Just because you lot are sat at home with nothing better to do than rant on about this and that, tittle tattle and ' bored-old- men- speak' (you may be young god help you).
'
The new manager has a job and he'll do it to his best ability and it will all take shape as it happens.

Grow up lads, sit on your typing hands and wait for it to happen, FGS. Show a bit of maturity and class. Give the man a bit of credit.

What are you doing reading the forum at a time you clearly think there's nothing to discuss?

What are you doing reading the forum at a time you clearly think there's nothing to discuss?

OK Thinner, I'll say why relative to this OP.

There are still loans of course, not "none".

Wilder is a seasoned manager and knows all about football, he's been a manager for about 15 years - he knows about what happens in June , July and August. He knows about agents, you know he's dealt with them for years and years. He knows about the last day of the Transfer Window, of course he does. We all know he has a load of new players to get together as soon as possible. Wilder does not need LS26 stating the bleeping obvious and nor do we.

Inactivity isn't an option. Folk are worrying about that when the bigger danger is we recruit a load more garbage. Inevitably some newbies will be exactly that, but hopefully half will succeed.

OK Thinner, I'll say why relative to this OP.

There are still loans of course, not "none".

Wilder is a seasoned manager and knows all about football, he's been a manager for about 15 years - he knows about what happens in June , July and August. He knows about agents, you know he's dealt with them for years and years. He knows about the last day of the Transfer Window, of course he does. We all know he has a load of new players to get together as soon as possible. Wilder does not need LS26 stating the bleeping obvious and nor do we.

That may be so but I don't see the point in criticising people having conversations on a forum, disagree for sure. Your life isn't made any worse by LS posting whatever he wants, the forum would be worse off if people just left it to the manager and didn't talk about things. He's a seasoned manager who knows about tactics, we aren't, should we therefore not discuss them?

For what its worth though LS26 is only repeating a concern I'm sure plenty still have after seeing how previous managers have dealt with transfer windows. Even the ones that you could say exactly what you've just said about.

P.
That may be so but I don't see the point in criticising people having conversations on a forum, disagree for sure. Your life isn't made any worse by LS posting whatever he wants, the forum would be worse off if people just left it to the manager and didn't talk about things. He's a seasoned manager who knows about tactics, we aren't, should we therefore not discuss them?

For what its worth though LS26 is only repeating a concern I'm sure plenty still have after seeing how previous managers have dealt with transfer windows. Even the ones that you could say exactly what you've just said about.

That's fair comment, in actual fact LS26 got 3 'likes' for his O.P. so you must be right. Oh dear, oh dear, fair enough. Must resist stating what I think in future.

What chance do we stand of creating a new 'United Blades' when all we do is regurgitate?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom