League 1 Top 6.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Woodwardfan

Woodwardfan
Reaction score
My six and SkyBet Odds for top 6:

"Certs" and 4 bets would be rewarding surely.

SUFC 1/2
Bristol City 5/6
Preston 5/6
Orient 6/4

"Less Certs but fair bets":

MKD 11/5
Yeovil 11/5

"Other dangers": Barnsley 15/8, Peterborough 6/4 and outsider Scunny 9/2*.

Best bet IMO: Orient 6/4

Can't disagree with that top four, MK Dons will probably be in the top six this year judging on some of their signings and Pboro will probably be in there as well.

Yeovil will be NO threat - I live 5 miles outside the town. Johnson has had to more or less start from scratch and from what I hear from their supporters, there is little quality in the side and no money available.

UTB

• Banned
Yeovil will be NO threat - I live 5 miles outside the town. Johnson has had to more or less start from scratch and from what I hear from their supporters, there is little quality in the side and no money available.

UTB

Good news is that, thanks. In that case I'll go for Scunny!!

As for Coventry, I do like their manager, err well I respect him, but they've lost Wilson and I'm unsure about their Bournemouth loanees, plus always a difficult financial burden in the windows.

Why does no one ever mention leyton orient??? They've got Jobi macanuff, Darius Henderson, cox, mooney and more to come. They've a right team!

Bristol will win it imo
Orient or Preston 2nd
playoffs Barnsley, MK, Preston/orient, maybe us or any number of other clubs.

There is no way with the squad we have that we will win the league or come 2nd. Yet another snag today with 2 signings typical united. I ask the question where is the Maguire and FA cup money gone ??????????

Read the opening post again. Orient are in there @ 6/4. Also Woodwardfan says Orient are his best bet!

I wouldn't back us or Lorient. Peterborough are the biggest certs of the lot in my opinion.

Which bit? Peterborough? Us? Or Lorient? Lorient is what i call Orient. Leyton Orient. L.Orient. Lorient. I know they aren't french, but it happened once as a typo, so it's stuck ever since. I can't be the only one who calls em Lorient??

Which bit? Peterborough? Us? Or Lorient? Lorient is what i call Orient. Leyton Orient. L.Orient. Lorient. I know they aren't french, but it happened once as a typo, so it's stuck ever since. I can't be the only one who calls em Lorient??
It was the peterbrough bit Ken,i think they have lost too many of their key players and not replaced them with anybody.I like the lorient bit,they cetainly have a chance,French or English:D

Bristol will win it imo
Orient or Preston 2nd

There is no way with the squad we have that we will win the league or come 2nd. Yet another snag today with 2 signings typical united. I ask the question where is the Maguire and FA cup money gone ??????????

Apart from a new striker(which NC has openly said he is trying to bring in) in what way is our squad weaker than the other teams in the league. Good back 4 and I am struggling to see a midfield in this division with as much depth and quality(for this league) than ours.

Re the Freeman move,if his wage demands (or other demands) are apparently excessive,you surely don't think we should break the wage structure do you ?

Bristol will win it imo
Orient or Preston 2nd
QUOTE]

Sorry to be anal, but Bristol City is there name. Just as we are Sheffield Utd not Sheffield

Sorry to be anal, but Bristol City is there name. Just as we are Sheffield Utd not Sheffield

Couldn't give a toss about anyone else sorry, only one Bristol in our league as there is only one Orient and also MK.

Apart from a new striker(which NC has openly said he is trying to bring in) in what way is our squad weaker than the other teams in the league. Good back 4 and I am struggling to see a midfield in this division with as much depth and quality(for this league) than ours.

Re the Freeman move,if his wage demands (or other demands) are apparently excessive,you surely don't think we should break the wage structure do you ?

Sorry but don't think its a good back 4 from what i have seen, Butler very one dimensional so if NC has changed tactics to long ball then fine, collins is also a bit pedestrian at times and that worries me. I actually hope McGahey plays because i thought he looked ok. As for midfield its ok having depth but have we the quality??. We all know we need a striker and its not looking like we will get one that we all want. Re Freeman no we shouldn't but i am sure we knew his demands before now.

7e4607d65dda17da8e19ec438232925d.jpg

Blades, Bristol... City, Orient, Preston, Mk Dons and Bradford.

Bristol will win it imo
Orient or Preston 2nd

Bristol city 8/1 I'll stand you that bet cos no way will they win the league..

Bristol city 8/1 I'll stand you that bet cos no way will they win the league..

It's looking like BC will be signing Agard from rumours I'm hearing. If true and they keep what they have, they've got both Agard and Baldock up front

Goals make prizes. I don't see anyone stopping them as long as they have their fair share of luck, as all clubs need some of that

BC had a similar finish to the season we did. There's no reason to suggest they wont continue their form if we all believe that we will

With their new signings, I say it will be fought out between the two. Cant decide which squad I'd rather have.

They are obviously both fantastic teams; I doubt they'll drop any points at all apart from the two El Classico fixtures. Out of an abundance of caution, though, I think I'll just wait to see them play on grass. It's so much more revealing than the paper you prefer.

I shall, of course, follow the triumphant exploits of your favourite teams with great interest but forgive me if I concentrate on the Mighty Blades.

Back
Top Bottom