Late goals/fitness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

OllyBlade

Reaction score
These stats are obviously boosted by Tuesday, but 5 of our 9 goals have come later than the 82nd minute. We have won 7 points from those goals. Do we put this down to small sample size, great belief/desire in the squad, or perhaps fitness levels better than many judged after first 2/3 games?

Or that we are desperately chasing the game

I would say Tuesday is the first time we've "desperately" had to chase a game.

I think it's a combination of those you mentioned, plus perserverance and a bit of luck which any team needs. What we need to make sure is that we don't rely on this and start scoring late goals to kill teams off rather than to win games.

...better quality coming off the bench now...

I would say Tuesday is the first time we've "desperately" had to chase a game.

I think it's a combination of those you mentioned, plus perserverance and a bit of luck which any team needs. What we need to make sure is that we don't rely on this and start scoring late goals to kill teams off rather than to win games.
We had to chase it against Brizzle and Coventry aswell but never really chased it at all,i get your point though DazBlade88 .

think fans feel desperation , dont think players do, seems quite a measured approach when you watch the six seven minutes we turned it round

These stats are obviously boosted by Tuesday, but 5 of our 9 goals have come later than the 82nd minute. We have won 7 points from those goals. Do we put this down to small sample size, great belief/desire in the squad, or perhaps fitness levels better than many judged after first 2/3 games?

upload_2014-9-19_20-53-33.png :)

Beasting pre seasons dont get you fit, get you injured,

A wise pundit (forget who it was) said the sign of a good team is a good bench.

We go with a game plan, and because of what we have on the bench we can change that plan accordingly.

Clough has said continually that we have to be patient. Maybe this is what he means.

You never seize to amaze graffers:D
Will you keep this one going mate?

I did it all last season, but not one to put up after every match. This was how 2013/14 ended.

index.php

However, after 40 games last season, it looked like this:

index.php

and I said...
striker(s) and more stamina needed!

Well, one out of two ain't bad! :)

I did it all last season, but not one to put up after every match. This was how 2013/14 ended.

index.php

However, after 40 games last season, it looked like this:

index.php

and I said...

Well, one out of two ain't bad! :)
Cheers graffers,they make for very interesting viewing,i wonder what percentage of our goals scored,since Cloughy has been here,have been scored late on.It looks like it will be quite high.

Cheers graffers,they make for very interesting viewing,i wonder what percentage of our goals scored,since Cloughy has been here,have been scored late on.It looks like it will be quite high.

You can just bugger off! I'm all graffed-out! :D

FWIW, here's a prediction of 'Time League Goals Scored' at Christmas....

index.php
:eek:

You can just bugger off! I'm all graffed-out! :D

FWIW, here's a prediction of 'Time League Goals Scored' at Christmas....

index.php
:eek:
Cheers again.What about...........:DJust kidding,no more until later:D

This time last season Colchester would have got another 2 goals and we would have lost 4-0. There was no fight in the team last September and to make 2 subs that changed the dynamic of the team to help us turn the game around so fast is a good sign.

It's not how we want to win every game but it shows the desire is there deep down in the squad.

Now 16 out of our 30 goals in all competitions have been scored in the last 10 minutes of matches! Without our late goals we would be out the league cup and 20th in the League (11 lost points in total: 3 vs Gillingham and Colchester, 2 vs Rochdale and Peterborough and 1 vs Leyton Orient) .

We are playing well in the first 2/3rds of the pitch but we're not gambling enough in the final third and throwing men into the box. It works in the final 10 minutes playing like we are so let's start being more positive from the first whistle!

Back
Top Bottom