Last season's relegated sides

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
The most significant result yesterday was MK Dons winning 4-1 at Fleetwood. Of the relegated sides I think they are the most serious contenders. They have a number of the team who went up two years ago and a good manager in Karl Robinson. Ryan Colclough is now getting the goals, scoring a hat trick yesterday.
Bolton looked ok on the opening day, but I think it will be playoffs at best for them. Charlton have a lot of off the field problems and will finish midtable at best.

I think they'll all do OK eventually but none of them will be outstanding.

Bolton will be solid all season, they have the best defence and will find the goals at some point.

Charlton have a decent squad and manager but the instability seems to be having an impact at the moment.

MK Dons look strong from back to front but are maybe a little bit stale. I wish we signed Colclough. Fuck knows how we allowed them to beat us to him.

Away from these three, no one else looks outstanding either. Even Millwall seem dodgy.

The most significant result yesterday was MK Dons winning 4-1 at Fleetwood. Of the relegated sides I think they are the most serious contenders. They have a number of the team who went up two years ago and a good manager in Karl Robinson. Ryan Colclough is now getting the goals, scoring a hat trick yesterday.
Bolton looked ok on the opening day, but I think it will be playoffs at best for them. Charlton have a lot of off the field problems and will finish midtable at best.

Key thing in that though is "at Fleetwood"

If they had done it at Bradford or Millwall then different story.

Ouch that could come back to bite us on the bottom.
If Fleetwood beat us next Saturday.

I wasn't trying to disrespect Fleetwood, it's just that the OP seemed to be suggesting sweeping them aside meant MKD would sweeping all and sundry aside I was merely pointing out that if they had done that against one the other perceived top six rivals then the argument would carry more weight.

They are still in the top half of the league. Never underestimate Fleetwood, I remember they beat us at the Lane a couple of years ago when we thought we were certs to win.

Back
Top Bottom