Last night was proper football

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CockneySpurs

Reaction score
Evening lads I just wanted to post and let you know that was the most enjoyable away day for years. Great club you have there. Top class fans . Moody as fuck outside with loads on both sides up for it. I know that's not really what should be going on but it beats the crap plastic premier league I can tell you. I just need to point out as well that you can be a cockney from N S E W of Zlondon depending on what direction the wind was in the bells could be heard anywhere. Also Spurs have always drawn most of their support from the East End and parts of North London. Truth be told the scum have more in North due to success. Tottenham borders East London and our strongholds were Hackney Walthamstow Bethnall Green Chingford etc. nowadays most have moved out to Essex/Herts/Cambs West Ham are pretend Cockneys the real Cockney areas of Bethnall/ Hoxton/Shoreditch were us and the Goons. Trust me you wouldn't want the rubbish that is the prem it's overrated overhyped and would ruin your club with day trippers and jcl's.

Best of luck

Mate some of us would enjoy going down. We'll never win it whilst there's Chelsea and City and the others about. We pay up to £80 a home game take thousands away yet get treated like shite by our own club most of the time. If you speak to real Spurs lads our season in Div 2 in 77 was the best for following Spurs. Big followings and a chance to win something. We've no chance against Chelsea it's just boring being an also ran all the time.

What is it with all the Spurs fans signing up?

I know we occasionally get the odd opposition fan signing up and making a post or two before a match, but these fuckers just won't leave!

What is it with all the Spurs fans signing up?

I know we occasionally get the odd opposition fan signing up and making a post or two before a match, but these fuckers just won't leave!
Just congratulating you on a great following and a proper club. It makes a change to turning up at places and divs walking round with iPads and selfie sticks. We pride ourselves on not having the same fan base as Arsenal or Chelsea. We have always been a proper working class club like West Ham / Millwall. Unfortunately the Shit prem waters down your support it's happened a bit at ours but a good cup day or s tasty away in Europe still brings us old school Spurs out. In short I hope you do well in future.

Just congratulating you on a great following and a proper club. It makes a change to turning up at places and divs walking round with iPads and selfie sticks. We pride ourselves on not having the same fan base as Arsenal or Chelsea. We have always been a proper working class club like West Ham / Millwall. Unfortunately the Shit prem waters down your support it's happened a bit at ours but a good cup day or s tasty away in Europe still brings us old school Spurs out. In short I hope you do well in future.
You lost a bit of respect for mentioning West Ham!

You lost a bit of respect for mentioning West Ham!

Yes lumping West Ham with the teams who have proper fans reminds me of one of my favourite song lyrics - 'If this is sight I'd rather be blind'. Delusional mob.

But yes Spurs are a good bunch and I like Pochettino. He even speaks a bit of English now!

I did enjoy our season in the Prem it made a change but I would be happy being a top half Championship side that has good cup runs and the occasional season in the top flight. The money they must now be charging for away games must be out of the normal working mans pocket especially if they have kids that want to go. It was £50 at Chelski 8 seasons ago what is it now

It's horrendous ticket prices that have killed it. That and getting nicked for standing. Stewards at ours have cameras on them and if you keep getting tugged for standing you lose your season ticket and or get nicked. Yet it's only the few in Park Lane/ Shelf that stand and get behind the team. The prem has killed football the sooner it goes tits up the better.

It's horrendous ticket prices that have killed it. That and getting nicked for standing. Stewards at ours have cameras on them and if you keep getting tugged for standing you lose your season ticket and or get nicked. Yet it's only the few in Park Lane/ Shelf that stand and get behind the team. The prem has killed football the sooner it goes tits up the better.
I'd love a big club to go bust to give football the kick up the arse it needs.

Might get back to real football then.

When you move to your new stadium will prices be any cheaper or is it really just a case of being able to get more money out of people? I was surprised by the relatively cheap prices for the semi at White Hart Lane. Paid more to see us play chuffing Swindon! But guess they weren't reflective of premier league prices?

Have to say, there's been a bit of banter, the occassional little bit of vitriol, but having read the contributions of the Spurs fans on this site, and the following they brought last night... I think they have been OK and without doubt, I wish then best of luck against Chelsea at the final.

Have to say, there's been a bit of banter, the occassional little bit of vitriol, but having read the contributions of the Spurs fans on this site, and the following they brought last night... I think they have been OK and without doubt, I wish then best of luck against Chelsea at the final.
I think cheapest tickets at Spurs are about £35 upto £80 for a prem game. Makes a change when it's £20 like it should be. Most of the time I stay in the boozer and sell my ticket. Better atmosphere and beer.

Don't want the new stadium. We should move out of Tottenham. Shithole area where most of the locals don't follow Spurs. Build a new ground in Chingford or Enfield or in Essex Herts. That's where our fans are. If not stay there in a 36k. Knowing Spurs they'll still charge top dollar even if it's a 60k stadium. Will mean more day trippers and mongs and alienate our proper fans.

I think cheapest tickets at Spurs are about £35 upto £80 for a prem game. Makes a change when it's £20 like it should be. Most of the time I stay in the boozer and sell my ticket. Better atmosphere and beer.

Well.. I'm working towards the 92 club... and as I didn't get a ticket for the first leg.... if ever you want to off load a ticket... (does that make me a day tripper or a ****??)

Well.. I'm working towards the 92 club... and as I didn't get a ticket for the first leg.... if ever you want to off load a ticket... (does that make me a day tripper or a ****??)
You'd hate it. Sterile atmosphere most of the time other than a few games. People moaning constantly , stewards acting like coppers. Pubs shut down by the police. Expensive tickets. It's crap mate. If you got up the first season would be great then it would gradually deteriorate as the seasons wore on. You'd have no chance of winning it and 4th is all them upstairs are interested in.

What was pleasing is that we rattled them good and proper. Reed scores and it's over, it was that close over the legs.

Eriksons comments on the sums up the pride we can take from it

"Sheffield United were impressive," he said. "They played like a Premier League team. They should play higher."

Now let's crack on and play higher
UTB

What was pleasing is that we rattled them good and proper. Reed scores and it's over, it was that close over the legs.

Eriksons comments on the sums up the pride we can take from it

"Sheffield United were impressive," he said. "They played like a Premier League team. They should play higher."

Now let's crack on and play higher
UTB

So all us lot moaning about us not ripping this league a good one are right?

CockneySpurs really enjoyed the banter on here over the two games and had a chat with a couple in the taxi queue in the station before the game.

Your fans on here have been good, not assuming the win like many fans of other clubs and it sounds like you enjoyed the lane. First thing Clough said when he arrived at Bramall Lane was that Sheff Utd are a proper club. We gave you a good honest run for your money and nearly did it, but that little bit of extra quality came through in the end.

Best of luck for the final!

Thought Spurs completely dominated the game first half and and with them scoring, I was very disappointed at half time.

Second half I thought we were excellent and really thought we were going to nick it in that 15-20 minute spell we had. My head is still hurting now after celebrating our second goal. I thought for sure Reed was going to score when he was through on goal, I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like in The Kop had that gone in. I couldn't breathe properly and was shaking like a shitting dog after the 2nd goal!!!

Thought Spurs completely dominated the game first half and and with them scoring, I was very disappointed at half time.

Second half I thought we were excellent and really thought we were going to nick it in that 15-20 minute spell we had. My head is still hurting now after celebrating our second goal. I thought for sure Reed was going to score when he was through on goal, I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like in The Kop had that gone in. I couldn't breathe properly and was shaking like a shitting dog after the 2nd goal!!!
Cheers lads nothing but respect for your lot on and off the pitch. As I said it's not everyone's cup of tea but you showed at Spurs and we more than showed last night. It's funny but it seams sfter the dust settles the blokes your having a pop at the night before are just the same as you are . I hope you've got a better impression of us as well. On our day as fans in London go we can't be touched. Just a shame it doesn't happen more often for us. We won't win the final but we'll be on the piss all day, mug Chelsea off as usual and afterwards we'll still be singing and laughing.

Lot of time for Spurs (as I've alluded to on this forum before) and nowt but respect for the fans who were excellent and the likes of Kane, Eriksen etc.

My mate who sits in the bench at the Lane (though not last night due to 7 subs!) Said he, and the management, felt Spurs were done after the second goal. Gutted we didn't get the third but no hard feelings losing to you lot. We'll get there one day I'm sure.

Lot of time for Spurs (as I've alluded to on this forum before) and nowt but respect for the fans who were excellent and the likes of Kane, Eriksen etc.

My mate who sits in the bench at the Lane (though not last night due to 7 subs!) Said he, and the management, felt Spurs were done after the second goal. Gutted we didn't get the third but no hard feelings losing to you lot. We'll get there one day I'm sure.
We seam to be having more luck than ever before to be honest. At 1-2 I walked downstairs and had s piss. I was fuming . I was sure you'd get the third. Then a roar and I ran back up the steps and into a massive bundle at the back of the lower tier. When your 2nd went in it was very very loud. There's no doubt a Spurs team in the past would have folded but the one thing this bloke seams to have got into them is a little belief. The problem is if we do get better our players will be cherry picked and we will never compete. It's sad but it's the way Levy operates. 33hr from leaving my house in Lincs to getting home today . Bruised from celebrating and a particular syp truncheon outside but it's days like that that keep me going.

Back
Top Bottom