Last / Most memorable Hat-rick for SUFC?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S5Blade

Nom, Nom, Nom
Reaction score
Been reading about memorable hatricks on twitter, who was the last SUFC player to score a hatrick for us and whats your most memorable hatrick scored for (or against?) the blades?

The last hat trick was Indeed Evans' v Chesterfield on 28/3/12.

Other players to score hat tricks in my life time:

Alan Woodward
John Tudor
Bill Dearden
Gil Reece
Keith Edwards
Colin Morris
Alan Young
Tony Agana
Brian Deane
Dane Whitehouse
Jan Fjortoft
Marcus Bent
Carl Asaba
Peter Ndlovu
James Beattie
Billy Sharp
Darius Henderson

Think that's the lot...

Yep
Posing%20With%20the%20Match%20Ball%20for%20the%20Club%20Programme%20After%20Hat%20Trick.jpg

The last hat trick was Indeed Evans' v Chesterfield on 28/3/12.

Other players to score hat tricks in my life time:

Alan Woodward
John Tudor
Bill Dearden
Gil Reece
Keith Edwards
Colin Morris
Alan Young
Tony Agana
Brian Deane
Dane Whitehouse
Jan Fjortoft
Marcus Bent
Carl Asaba
Peter Ndlovu
James Beattie
Billy Sharp
Darius Henderson

Think that's the lot...

You missed pescisolido ( at Gillingham in 2004)

I remember Deano getting 2 hat-tricks within a week. One in the 4-2 FA Cup replay midweek at Burnley, then another on the Saturday in the league against Ipswich at the Lane, we won 3-0 I think. Must have been Jan/Feb 93.

12th Jan 93 v Burnley and 16th Jan 93 v Ipswich.

Edwards also got hat tricks in consecutive matches in Nov 83 - 4 at Wrexham in the cup on the 19th and 3 v Southend at home on the 26th.

:):)I remember guy in his first game scoring a hat trick for us, against Everton at Goodison Park.On the occasion, Jimmy Hagan got a standing ovation from all in the ground. Forget the other guys name :rolleyes:

The full list since 1966 (as far as my memory goes)

1/2/69 John Tudor v Bury H
7/10/69 Gil Reece V Portsmouth H
30/9/70 Alan Woodward v Portsmouth A
27/11/71 Alan Woodward v Ipswich H (4)
29/2/72 Bill Dearden v West Ham H
22/12/73 Alan Woodward v Southampton H
16/3/82 Keith Edwards v Northampton H
23/10/82 Colin Morris v Exeter A
26/10/82 Keith Edwards v Grimbsy H (LC)
14/12/82 Alan Young v Boston H (FAC)
19/11/83 Keith Edwards v Wrexham A (FAC) (4)
26/11/83 Keith Edwards v Southend H
31/12/83 Colin Morris v Bolton H
2/11/85 Keith Edwards v Hull H
17/9/88 Brian Deane v Chester H
17/9/88 Tony Agana v Chester H
6/5/89 Tony Agana v Swansea H
12/1/93 Brian Deane v Burnley A (FAC)
16/1/93 Brian Deane v Ipswich H
20/9/94 Dane Whitehouse v Stockport A (LC)
22/2/97 Jan Fjortoft v Grimsby H
21/10/97 Jan Fjortoft v Stockport H
19/2/00 Marcus Bent v WBA H
22/8/00 Marcus Bent v Lincoln H (LC)
19/10/02 Carl Asaba v Brighton A
20/9/03 Peter Ndlovu v Cardiff H
10/1/04 Paul Peschislido v Gillingham A
5/4/08 James Beattie v Leicester H
16/8/08 Billy Sharp v QPR H
28/11/09 Darius Henderson v Bristol City A
28/3/12 Ched Evans v Chesterfield H

I'm pretty sure Alan Young got his hat-trick against everyones favourite Blades manager who was in goal that day! :)

....and the Edwards one against Northampton, I remember it absolutely pissed it down all night. Probably not get played nowadays, sure it finished 7-3! Darren?

Mmmm that's a good list. I started watching United in 64/65 and have worked out I must have seen 24 out of the 30. Bizarrely I can recall the ones I missed (like where I was when I heard the score, the newspper headline etc) but not probably the majority of the ones I actually saw.

:):)I remember guy in his first game scoring a hat trick for us, against Everton at Goodison Park.On the occasion, Jimmy Hagan got a standing ovation from all in the ground. Forget the other guys name :rolleyes:
Jack Wilkinson

I'm pretty sure Alan Young got his hat-trick against everyones favourite Blades manager who was in goal that day! :)

....and the Edwards one against Northampton, I remember it absolutely pissed it down all night. Probably not get played nowadays, sure it finished 7-3! Darren?

Blackwell was in goal for Boston and you are right about the Edwards one. The latter was a bizzare game, we were 6-0 up after about 60 mins and double figures looked a serious possibility. However, we took our foot off the pedal, Northampton got 2 back only for Edwards to complete his hat trick in the last min, before Northampton made it 7-3 with an injury time pen.

Still the most goals I have seen in a United match.

I remember Keith Edwards scoring a hatrick against Grimsby in a night match at Bramall Lane, from the above list must have been 26.10.82. I think they were in a lower league and were possibly winning by a couple of goals at half time, at least I remember being worried. Any way no need to be, Edwards came off the bench to score a second half hatrick in front of the Kop and I think we ended up scoring 5 ?

Or I could have got that muddled up with an episode of 'Roy of the Rovers?' :)

The full list since 1966 (as far as my memory goes)

26/10/82 Keith Edwards v Grimbsy H (LC)

He came on as sub in the 1st half. I had missed the bus when getting ready to go to the match but ran to catch the same bus about 2 miles away!. I saw the number 203 (now number 43) bus go past the bus stop at Cemetery Road, so I ran to Hallowes Lane, Quiot Green, Cross Lane, Appletree Walk, Fletcher Avenue, across Moonpenny Field, through the Civic Centre, High Street and then caught the bus on Wreakes Lane! Better achievment than this man!

http://news.sky.com/story/1337295/circle-line-speed-challenge-man-races-train

I remember Keith Edwards scoring a hatrick against Grimsby in a night match at Bramall Lane, from the above list must have been 26.10.82. I think they were in a lower league and were possibly winning by a couple of goals at half time, at least I remember being worried. Any way no need to be, Edwards came off the bench to score a second half hatrick in front of the Kop and I think we ended up scoring 5 ?

Grimsby were a division above us!

We went 1-0 down early on, but by half time were 2-1 up through Charles and Morris (pen). Edwards got his HT in the 2nd half as we won 5-1.

I'm 60% sure I saw Petr Katchouro's hat trick, was it at home against Bury? Steve Bruce had a barny with Warnock on the touchline that game. I think they also had Mark Patterson

I was at the 7-3 victory over Northampton and thought that both Edwards and Hatton scored hatricks? Anyone care to enlighten me on who scored the other 4 if Edwards got 3?

I was at the 7-3 victory over Northampton and thought that both Edwards and Hatton scored hatricks? Anyone care to enlighten me on who scored the other 4 if Edwards got 3?

Hatton got 2. MacPhail and Neville got the others.

I'm 60% sure I saw Petr Katchouro's hat trick, was it at home against Bury? Steve Bruce had a barny with Warnock on the touchline that game. I think they also had Mark Patterson

14/11/98. We were 1-0 down at HT and ended up winning 3-1

In the Chester game didn't Deane and Agana not only score hat tricks in the same game but also back to back? ie one of them scored the first three goals and then the other scored the next three? That must be pretty unique.

Favourite for me was Nuddy's in the crazy Cardiff match. All in the second half, two penalties and a crazy strike from about 30 yards. Pure unadultered madness.

Back
Top Bottom