Last Man Surely?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Their man on Lavery when their keeper thought it was last minute of the FA Cup final when in fact it was the last minute of a mid table match in September.

Anyway.. Surely he was the last man so denied a goal scoring opportunity.. Then, the ref could've waved play on too.
The ref lost it in those few minutes. Until then I hadn't really noticed him which is the hallmark of a ref having a decent game

Their man on Lavery when their keeper thought it was last minute of the FA Cup final when in fact it was the last minute of a mid table match in September.

Anyway.. Surely he was the last man so denied a goal scoring opportunity.. Then, the ref could've waved play on too.
Last man isn't a red anymore it's only goal scoring opportunity, you could argue it's not a goal scoring opportunity if you're on the centre line

[QUOTE="mattbianco1, post: 1118119, member: 1396"} when in fact it was the last minute of a mid table match in September.
top 6 match actually[/QUOTE]

Well considering we were 7th and they were 9th, I'll go with my mid table statement ;)

The ref was OK first half but absolutely shocking from about 60 minutes on, seemed to lose the plot at times. We were still playing against 11 after the sending off.

The ref wasn't great in the second half, but that last 20 minutes looked like hell to referee! Everyone was going for it full tilt!

Think the yellow card was correct. The issue was that he actually blew for the foul instead of delaying the whistle for a moment to see if play developed. It would have done as it was 3 v 1 with no keeper.

He did the same thing a couple of times earlier in the game (once for us and once for them). No doubt that will have been picked up by the assesor.

You do see it a lot in League One. It is a lack of experience in a lot of the officials not being able to read the flow of the game.

Think the yellow card was correct. The issue was that he actually blew for the foul instead of delaying the whistle for a moment to see if play developed. It would have done as it was 3 v 1 with no keeper.

He did the same thing a couple of times earlier in the game (once for us and once for them). No doubt that will have been picked up by the assesor.

You do see it a lot in League One. It is a lack of experience in a lot of the officials not being able to read the flow of the game.

To be fair to him, Lavery was 2 ft in the air when he blew the whistle, probably didn't expect anything to come from it haha

Lol the keeper was in our half when Lavery got rugby tackled! Ref bokkkled it

If they had had eleven men he would have sent him off no question, last man goal scoring opportunity.

Also another ref who had to have the rules spelt out to him by the players about not making a player leave the field after treatment in a Red card incident.

I noticed him in the first half when our shot was deflected wide of the goal by a defender's hand and he gave a goal kick. It wasn't a penalty but it wasn't a goal kick either.
I think they gave offside rather than a goalkick, but as our player shot and it hit his hand before going towards Sharp (I think) then it had to be handball

Last man isn't in the rules. What's in the rules is "goal scoring opportunity", but iirc the interpretation of what that actually means is quite strict and I wasn't surprised to not see this given.

What pisses me off is that he didn't wait to see if an advantage emerged and then denied a quick free kick. Maybe someone will correct me but I don't think there's anything stopping him from letting it go and booking the player later. The rules are supposed to benefit the side that isn't committing the world's most blatant intentional foul.

How come Coutts got booked for tripping a Rovers player ,yet when he was away full pelt in the second half only 10 yards away from his booking he gets tripped ,the ref doesn't even say a word ?

Should have been sent off twice. If Lavary had got away there was not one rovers player between him and goal and the keeper had gone up for the corner.

Two minutes later the same player took chapman out, but nothing!

in fact it was the last minute of a mid table match in September

With another 5 minutes added on to that minute, fuck knows what he thought he was doing.

Straight red for me. If he'd turned him, or even passed it to one of our players pushing up, we'd have been facing goal with an empty net. Not sure how anyone can see that as anything but a straight red.

Looked like a straight red to me. How can that possibly be interpreted as not denying a clear goal scoring opportunity?

At worst he should have either let play continue or allow the quick free kick to be taken.

Thought he could have let play continue a couple of times for both sides during the game actually.

top 6 match actually

Well considering we were 7th and they were 9th, I'll go with my mid table statement ;)[/QUOTE]
It's down to how you interpret "mid-table". 24 teams in the league, 12th is mid-table. Even before the match, both teams were well above mi-table. I personally would never describe 7th as mid-table, however 9th I probably would.
So then it's whether or not 7th against 9th is a mid-table clash. In my opinion both clubs would have to be in a mid-table position to describe it as a mid-table clash.
"Too-half" clash would probably be better on this occasion.

It's down to how you interpret "mid-table". 24 teams in the league, 12th is mid-table. Even before the match, both teams were well above mi-table. I personally would never describe 7th as mid-table, however 9th I probably would.
So then it's whether or not 7th against 9th is a mid-table clash. In my opinion both clubs would have to be in a mid-table position to describe it as a mid-table clash.
"Too-half" clash would probably be better on this occasion.
i always think of the table as 3 thirds
top 8 midtable 8 bottom 8
and rate the game on the highest positioned club
when we played southend that was at the time a bottom of the table clash

just to call us mid table at 7th is being negative for the sake of it

wednesday fans call it top half if they are 12th
we seem to look at things as negatively as we can ,

The ref got most of the "little" things right and generally got out of the way of the game.

Sadly, whenever he was asked to make an *IMPORTANT* decision he bottled it and got it completely wrong - aside from the red card which was blatant and deserved by all accounts! (I didn't see the incident as I'd looked at my phone at exactly the wrong moment!)

The Coutts booking was ridiculous. No booking given for fouls on Scougall and particularly on Sharp when the Rovers CB had him in a sleeper hold. The foul(s) not given on Moore when they claimed he'd handled the ball over the line, and when he was physically bundled (ball in hands) over the line and was given as a corner. Overall, it was a poor refereeing performance, and the liners (the John St. side one certainly) didn't assist him at all.

I can't remember a worse recent decision than when their striker put Moore in the stand while he had the ball in his hands and he gave a corner. It was staggering.

I thought ref had a good game.

He let the players play and the game flow.

OK he made some mistakes but so did every player on the pitch.

A fussy ref could have dished out 30 fouls and multitudes of cards and completely spoilt that game.

I said at the end "I don't know who that ref is but I wish we could have him every week. Best we've had for ages"

Back
Top Bottom