Lafferty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade789

Reaction score
Seen a few comments about Lafferty and he seems to divide opinion.

He was probably our worst player last night but he wasn't awful and just did defend well. That performance last night would have earnt him man of the match last season that's how much we have improved which is very refreshing!

My opinion on him for what its worth is.....bog standard left back, not great going forward but is a half decent defender. He can do more than a job at this level but if we were to be promoted I wouldn't be too sure.

One thing I think we need to remember is, if we didn't have Lafferty then Hussey would be playing and the reality is Hussey is terrible and a liability.

UTB

He seems OK. Decent enough defensively, can cross, but not good going forward and not good enough with the ball. He'll do for now but we should probably be looking for better.

If we're playing with wing backs we should just play Hussey.

Still haven't made my mind up. Sometimes he looks timid and can be awful on the ball, others he seems to have a quality touch and composure. Thought his second half yesterday was impressive and if he hadn't had a slow start people would be quite happy with it. Maybe it's a case of his weaknesses are standing out because of the question marks already over him? His delivery for the goal was excellent.

Would say so far he's okay but not outstanding. If the few small hints that there's more to come from him turn into something then great. Deserves a bit more time.

He seems OK. Decent enough defensively, can cross, but not good going forward and not good enough with the ball. He'll do for now but we should probably be looking for better.

If we're playing with wing backs we should just play Hussey.

Hussey wouldn't get anywhere near my side, even at wingback he would still have to defend which he simply cannot do. In the few games I saw him I also did not see any quality going forward.

Lafferty could be an indication that Wilder already feels he got it wrong with signing Hussey, but we shouldn't write the lad off completely when the whole side started the season poorly.

Back
Top Bottom